Awoo.

Zelda Topic

VO.SUPER

Even though this is a re-release, this probably justifies buying a Wii-U as much as any game original for the console would. The original version's price is inflated as fuck, making it pretty inaccessible these days. And they seem to be putting the effort in remaking it rather than just slap an HD sticker on the front, like I expected.

I'm much more excited for this than I ever could have been for OOT3D or even a MM3D. Had they decided to remake Majora's Mask instead, I would have thought it'd be cool, but c'mon, MM is already on the virtual console. WW is fucking hard to find these days; it deserves to see new light so much more in my eyes. This is great news.

This is just a me thing, but if MM ever got the HD treatment. Id have no reason to play any other game ever again, good god how I want an MMHD.

• Thumbs Up 1

Majora's Mask took 1.

Hmmm, yes and no. It doesn't take long to get some proper motivation and to get Link under your control, but I feel like the game doesn't really "start" until you get out of Deku form. Everything up until then is kind of tutorial-y, even if there are some relatively meaningful things you can do during that cycle, and it can take a while to get through it especially if you don't skip ahead with the scarecrow or something.

I am so unbelievably happy about Wind Waker HD. My favorite Zelda game by far, and an updated version of that? Fuck yes. Take my money, Nintendo. I mean holy hell, that looks great.

If there's one bug I hope they don't fix though, it's the infinite potion glitch. Otherwise (Snake) Puppet Ganon will give me an even harder time without infinite magic. :P

It takes much longer to start TP than it ever did SS iirc. 

Noooo, it took SS two hours for me to get to Faron Woods, and I wasn't even at the first dungeon yet. I think TP takes at least one hour or so. Although I did like SS world building, but jeez.. WW was probably the best in this regard,  the game takes about 30 minutes to establish it's characters by the time you raid the fortress. WW is probably the best paced Zelda game until you get to the Triforce portion. I seriously hope they fix that in this update.

Holy shit, WWHD looks fucking amazing. Although, it seems to have lost a bit of it's cellshaded look in favor of CG.

Edited by Ragna the Bloodedge

Hm, I must be pretty darn lucky, 'cuz while I was in Seattle back in 2011, I managed to snag myself a pre-owned copy of Wind Waker (complete with its original manual, surprisingly) from a local pawn shop for just $30.

Nice. I snagged a used copy at Goodwill for $5. I can't believe they didn't know how valuable that game was.

...sadly I do not have a Gamecube or Wii to play it on. Yet.

Anyway:

14jcaq1.jpg

Hng.<3

I can't wait to see this in motion. I've wanted to see a true HD Zelda remake for the longest time. This is really putting pressure on me to get a Wii U.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 2

It would be really nice if Wind Waker HD includes those 2 cut dungeons or any previously cut content at all :U

Edited by Jetronic
  • Thumbs Up 4

For me I consider a Zelda game to "get going" from the point where the story puts some pressure on.  For me that would be leaving the forest in OoT, Epona being stolen in MM, Aryll getting kidnapped in WW, the spring being attacked and Link entering the Twilight Realm for the first time in TP, and obviously Zelda being kidnapped in SS.

I will say, while I have nothing against the "establishing a peaceful life to make you care about Link" thing, we've had it three games in a row now and it keeps getting longer and longer.  It would have been good in SS had it not just all been thrown away the moment you were down on the ground in exchange for "Your Princess Is In Another Castle: the game" segmented between The Legend of Groose (the latter of which of course is no bad thing).

In short I'd really like to have an intro that gets right into the action from the off again like Majora's Mask.

• Thumbs Up 2

That HD pic makes Tetra and Link look like they came out of Wallace and Gromit. Maybe it's just me.

Still own the original WW after finding it at a Game XChange for 20 bucks. Still haven't beaten it. Maybe an HD make-over will motivate me to do so.

Edited by Obnoxious Celtic Guardian

While I was at work, something about putting Wind Waker on Wii U suddenly made perfect sense.

C'mon, think about it- what are you holding in your hands with the Wii U? A massive secondary screen, right? And, what in Wind Waker required the use of a second screen...?

No? Really? You don't remember the Tingle Tuner?

• Thumbs Up 1

For me I consider a Zelda game to "get going" from the point where the story puts some pressure on.

Fair enough, there's a lot of ways to define when a game gets going. Personally it's a gameplay thing for me; once the game either is open enough to make meaningful decisions or throws you into a proper dungeon, that's when I consider it properly started.

I will say, while I have nothing against the "establishing a peaceful life to make you care about Link" thing, we've had it three games in a row now and it keeps getting longer and longer.

The thing with this is, it should still be fun. Once the novelty of the game wears off (and sometimes even before then), these early sections end up feeling like chores. A lot of cutscenes and dialogue to get through, some bland fetch quests, a bunch of tutorializing...if they could make it fun, I'd have no problem with it taking a while to get moving properly.

• Thumbs Up 1

The thing with this is, it should still be fun. Once the novelty of the game wears off (and sometimes even before then), these early sections end up feeling like chores. A lot of cutscenes and dialogue to get through, some bland fetch quests, a bunch of tutorializing...if they could make it fun, I'd have no problem with it taking a while to get moving properly.

I was merely talking story/staging-wise, but this is very true too.  It really doesn't go well with playing the game a second time at all.

HD Wind Waker and Yarn Yoshi are ruining our children. WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph

14jcaq1.jpg

Hng.<3

I can't wait to see this in motion. I've wanted to see a true HD Zelda remake for the longest time. This is really putting pressure on me to get a Wii U.

I was waiting till E3 to buy a Wii-U but fuck, after this amazing announcement. This game looks gorgeous

irbdIzFZIJj6E.jpg

iMfozsnHSI1vI.jpg

ihcUkri7jvHMA.jpg

iy3yFEfHHcVWY.jpg

itXECbRhtzGYB.jpg

im37ZS6DFzJRX.jpg

irPODORHkgMPW.jpg

ibqU8GuCeeHqUd.jpg

f23a2269c1864f21af3e2c6.png

I don't know how but they did it.

Nintendo somehow made a perfect game even better.

• Thumbs Up 7

(EDIT: Blast. Ninja'd by Nintendoga. Took off the pictures because they were basically the same ones)

This game looks stunningly beautiful. Seriously, I thought the game looked fantastic already on the Gamecube itself, even after all these years, but this is just incredible. I'm very excited for this.

Edited by krazystitch

we intend to offer you The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, reborn on Wii U, to play in the meantime.

>Implying I want your shitty new Zelda game anymore.

Just give me the the Wind Waker dammit.  They made the perfect Zelda game look even better, and with some tune ups to the overall game experience?  Hhnng.

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah I like how they tried implying that this is just another thing to tide us over until the new Zelda game comes. Fuck the new game.

• Thumbs Up 5

Even though I know nothing about the new game, don't bring that piece of shit around mah house while I'm playing motha fuckin Wind Waker HD

Edited by Soniman

Exsqueeze me? A baking powder? Wind Waker HD?!

Holy shit does it look glorious. Something I've kinda always dreamt of happening, but didn't really think they'd actually do it! Color me excited and finally something interesting enough for me to want to pick up a Wii U, <3.

I'd love it so much if this turned out to be another Sonic 4; company hypes the "big" game only to have the minor title get more popular.

Even though I know nothing about the new game, don't bring that piece of shit around mah house while I'm playing motha fuckin Wind Waker HD

But what if the next game is Wind Waker 2?

Anyway, I join you guys in your excitement, if only because I now get much easier access to the game, and with beautiful HD graphics and possible new additions to the gameplay to boot. Sign me up.