Awoo.

Zelda Topic

VO.SUPER

sooooo, should I still pick up the GC version to see if I like it?

Spoiler Alert: You'll like it.

Now save your money and wait for the HD version god dammit tongue.png

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 2

I don't have a Wii U yet, but I do have a Gamecube.

I've found WW on eBay for about 40 bucks.

Maybe I'll just download an ISO.

Edited by Underaged Hot Anime Girl

If your eyes have just suddenly ejected a torrent of tears upon reading this, you're welcome.

"You're welcome"?  "You're welcome"!?

You owe me a new keyboard you jerk.

• Thumbs Up 3

Shit, those damned redead are gonna be in HD with their HD eyes and HD screams and HD head biting and my HD panic attacks D:

• Thumbs Up 7

-Imagines the first boss in the lava pit with dat HD Lighting.-

....I don't think the world is ready for this....

• Thumbs Up 2

I dunno if there are any people here who are fans of the charm midi provides but I think I'd just die if they redid the soundtrack as well.

At least a remaster with "live" music as oppose to midi anyway, even if it's just higher quality synthesised orchestra.

EDIT: Die in a good way I mean.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 2

This makes me even more mad that nintendo waited 7 years to jump into HD... but whatever.

I find it pretty humorous that the game that got the most negative reception when it was first announced is now getting remade in HD and praised. I also think those screen look like Unleashed. 

I seriously want extra content beyond just a bed to refight bosses with and even remixed music. Fall cannot get here soon enough.

I want this game's soundtrack to be unchanged. Wind Waker has my all time favorite Zelda soundtrack besides Skyward Sword and I want to listen to it in all it's glory while I play this game.

But what if the next game is Wind Waker 2?

Anyway, I join you guys in your excitement, if only because I now get much easier access to the game, and with beautiful HD graphics and possible new additions to the gameplay to boot. Sign me up.

You were having difficulties getting it to try it out and this is announced. You know what this means Nepenthe: Nintendo is watching you and making sure you become a Zelda fan....Maybe they have us all bugged ohmy.png

Edited by pppp

Get ZREO to do the music and I'll be happy. They may be fake orchestra but damn if they aren't good fake orchestra.

Hi guys time to be the spoil sport. I'm finding it so difficult to care about this. Sean said this a few pages back, Wind Waker is hardly a game that needs an HD treatment to look pretty. And that's not to say this doesn't look gorgeous; it does. But besides some spruced up character models and nicer lighting it just isn't different enough for me. If they change some things up, like redo the soundtrack and add the scrapped dungeons, maybe even alter the triforce hunt to make it just a bit more enjoyable (not that I disliked it in the first place, but it wasn't the best), I'll be a tad more interested. As it's looking right now though, I've already played a gorgeous Wind Waker and don't care to spend $60 on a slightly more gorgeous Wind Waker.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wait, Nepenthe wants the game and days later it gets announced to be remade.

Nepenthe, I need you to get into the Metroid series and demand more games as quickly as you possibly can.

• Thumbs Up 4

Am I the only one excited for the new Zelda? I mean its cool that Wind Waker is being released in HD for all those that didn't get to experienced it or want to do it again but I really want a new Zelda experience.

I've been playing since A Link to the Past to the newer games and even though I did have a good time playing them with each game that comes out I just don't feel the sense of surprise as I used to. Granted this might be because I've been playing them for so long but honestly I still haven't finished Skyward Sword because at least to me it feels like a chore to do some of the things in the game.

From the little info they gave today and taking into account that they acknowledge some of the criticisms from Skyward Sword makes me very excited what the new Zelda is going to bring.

Also if we don't get this commercial or similar ones like then I'm going to be disappointed Nintendo:

I think she needs to start liking F-Zero. Anyway, as for the new Zelda, we'll be seeing that one at E3. 

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph

I have to say I'd have nothing against them re-adding scrapped dungeons, or making them up new from design notes.  If it was up to me to make a modest extension for the game I'd say:

- Add a mini dungeon or unique indoor sailing course to reach Jabun once inside Outset.

- Extend Fire Mountain and Ice Ring Isle into say, 25 minute dungeons rather than 5 minute dungeons.

- Replace the generic "play the Wind Waker to make the chest appear" Triforce Chart rooms with 10-15 minute mini dungeons.

- Add some kind of TP Fortune Teller-esque hint system to aid with the game generally but in particular the Triforce sequence.  Shiekah Stone hint movies would also be acceptable maybe.  Or simply give Dadboat more specific hint lines that are far more sensitive to exactly what you need to be doing next, not your general current goal.

And for some classic bonuses:

- Boss Rush Mode

- Developer Commentary?

There's one thing that worries me about the new title. Aonuma emphasized freedom to finish dungeons in any order. As cool as that is, it also worries me about the puzzles in it because, items might only be useful in the dungeon you got them like with Twilight Princess, and that sucked.

My only concern is that I don't really want Zelda to become a wide-open sandbox like Skyrim.  I dunno I'm just not into non-linear games much.  And I sound like a hypocrite when I then complain that Skyward Sword was TOO linear but I think the real problem is that it was so poorly paced.  Hours and hours of dungeon-esque gameplay really wears you out, especially when NPC interaction and world-building side-stories are left to be entirely optional rather than necessary for the plot.

I actually liked Skyward Sword because, I love me some dungeons. But there are merits in finding folks to help out and random little caves and minidungeons to explore. I agree with not wanting it to be some sort of Skyrim.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, it's annoying coz I can't even really FAULT it, all the stuff in Skyward Sword is well designed, I just dislike how much of it there was all packed together.  It'd be like a Mario game that has like 10 underground levels all in a row and then maybe a ground level and a sky level and then another 5 underground levels and guh.

It's funny because a lot of people hated that one section where the forest is flooded and you have to find the thingers but I absoloutely loved it because it was just such a relaxing change of pace.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi guys time to be the spoil sport. I'm finding it so difficult to care about this. Sean said this a few pages back, Wind Waker is hardly a game that needs an HD treatment to look pretty. And that's not to say this doesn't look gorgeous; it does. But besides some spruced up character models and nicer lighting it just isn't different enough for me. If they change some things up, like redo the soundtrack and add the scrapped dungeons, maybe even alter the triforce hunt to make it just a bit more enjoyable (not that I disliked it in the first place, but it wasn't the best), I'll be a tad more interested. As it's looking right now though, I've already played a gorgeous Wind Waker and don't care to spend $60 on a slightly more gorgeous Wind Waker.

If nothing else I really consider this remake more for people who just don't have the means of obtaining the original; as excited as I am for this, it's not exactly top priority on my to buy list at the moment since I already own the original (and I didn't pay a lot for it either).

I think this a necessary re-release though and I really hope there's enough new content to make the experience feel fresh again for those who have played it before. But if there isn't then I'll still gladly get it again.

If nothing else I really consider this remake more for people who just don't have the means of obtaining the original; as excited as I am for this, it's not exactly top priority on my to buy list at the moment since I already own the original (and I didn't pay a lot for it either). I think this a necessary re-release though and I really hope there's enough new content to make the experience feel fresh again for those who have played it before.

Exactly, I don't really plan on getting this either but you can damn well bet that if I didn't own the original, I'd be looking at the screenshots and licking my monitor. It at least needed a re-release, and this is even better.

I'll hold off getting this, I still gotta beat OoT, SS, and finish off TP so my Zelda list is quite full.