Awoo.

Zelda Topic

VO.SUPER

My only question is why the fuck they wouldn't tell us. 

...When do they tell us anything?

biggrin.png

Edited by Autosaver

Questioning Nintendo's decisions can only lead to headaches.

Maybe it wasn't that important.

It really isn't that important. 

Pretty big selling point for me actually.

• Thumbs Up 5

Pretty big selling point for me actually.

All they did was make the songs sound slightly better. They didn't actually revamp much.

All they did was make the songs sound slightly better. They didn't actually revamp much.

Yeah, that's what a remastering is. Better instrumentation, same melody. Like I said, it's a big deal to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh good they did touch up the music as well.

The examples on that link definitely show that instruments have more velocity changes and stuffs and convey a lot more feelyz. Parts sound softer sometimes and others sound bigger (like the last example clip with the big tom drum things).

Definitely excited for this and hope people are able to either rip it or Nintendo releases an official deal. Heck I would've taken a full OST over that Ganondorf figure any day if they had that option :U

• Thumbs Up 1

The fact that the Wii U is still unhackable and Skyward Sword STILL hasn't gotten an official soundtrack release leads me to believe that we won't have an HD Soundtrack release anytime soon.

The fact that the Wii U is still unhackable and Skyward Sword STILL hasn't gotten an official soundtrack release leads me to believe that we won't have an HD Soundtrack release anytime soon.

Then how do people rip the soundtracks to Wii-U games, such as Nintendoland for example...........

Edited by Chaos Warp

While you can't grab the music files directly from the game you CAN record them manually, though generally the sound quality is not as good.

I don't know, what with the Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time 3D's OST getting a re-release, this doesn't seem too unlikely. It'll most likely be either a promotional item next year or a Japan only OST.

BTmEi6UCYAAFhLi.png

THAT SKY

Antonio-Banderas-computer-you-got-me-yos

C-can I pre-order this a second time?

Is that even allowed?

Edited by Nix
  • Thumbs Up 2

This game is REALLY making me want to buy it after 101...

N-no, I must not give into the game's beauty!! SONIC, DONKEY KONG AND MARIO COME FIRST!

*repeats mantra*

BTmEi6UCYAAFhLi.png

THAT SKY

fc3dae3c813df05c0feda1031430337f60a0ba61

fuck

nope

gotta buy sonic

gotta buy sonic

gotta buy sonic....

Edited by Plasm Wraith

good thing sonic and Lego marvel superheroes are on my birthday list, I may give in and get this

Antonio-Banderas-computer-you-got-me-yos

C-can I pre-order this a second time?

Is that even allowed?

Yes.

Preorder the Wind Waker Wii-U console edition, get the digital copy...

AND preorder the Wind Waker complete with Ganondorf figurine, that's what I'm doing.

Digital copy and disk copy, hell yea~

Because they're only being remastered, not remixed or produced by a live orchestra etc etc. Lots of people would take 'remastering' to mean more than it is, and so would be disappointed if they didn't even notice the music was different.

Case in point- Sonic 1 2013.

• Thumbs Up 8

For Nintendo more than anyone it's a damned if you do damned if you don't situation. I can imagine them announcing the game with it or revealing that it had remastered music only for people to go "wow that's lazy Nintendo you should have orchestrated it".

Either way, I'm pretty sure they did confirm remastered music a while back since this isn't the first I've heard of it, but it was probably a footnote alongside some more notable information or something.

People on NeoGaf are already mad it's not orchestrated.

I'd have  liked an optional orchestrated track. The Wind Waker Symphonic Movement was really nice. I can't help but imagine playing the game to that music. I'm not mad they didn't make one, though. That's expecting too much out of this.

I didn't even expect them to remaster it so I'm happy.  It's not like we're getting next gen graphics, still the original amount of polygons but just in HD with some nicer lighting.  A remaster feels appropriate for that amount of difference visually (though I'll be honest if they had redone the music with live orchestra I sure as hell wouldn't be sitting here saying "that music is too grand for such a small visual update they shoulda remastered it >8U").

• Thumbs Up 1

Off topic from Wind Waker for a sec, those of you who want to see Link in another kind of game besides the Zelda norm may be very pleased about this;

Obviously it's not Link himself, but damn the costume and weapons make it look like it may as well be. I can see this being a good way to get Zelda fans into Monster Hunter.