Awoo.

Zelda Topic

VO.SUPER

If you ask me I think Majora's Mask is fine as it is. It holds up very well (even moreso than Ocarina of Time before the remake IMO). I don't see the need for a remake... I mean I guess it would be nice but I'd rather we focus on a new Zelda that's equally comparable in terms of quality.... if that's even possible at this point.

I never saw the need for a Majora's Mask remake. I thought it was unnecessary, considering how well it still is over thirteen years later. Same with Ocarina of Time.

I'm all for one, because new players deseve a chance to play it, but If they remake it, they better do it right. I want new players to feel the same sense of dread I felt playing that game.

Edited by Plasm Wraith

I thought we constantly criticized the Zelda series for stagnating. Like BB we've had too many remakes recently. A new proper console Zelda would be better imo.

A new console Zelda is in development, but these things sadly take quite a while to come together. What's wrong with having a port of a classic and a brand new handheld Zelda in the meantime?

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't see it as a remake so much as a port to a handheld so that I can play it whenever I want wherever I want. Plus it'll likely be handled by Grezzo so it's not like Nintendo will be making it "instead" of something else.

I don't need it to be remade I need it to be handheld.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 1

That's not the point I'm making though. I just mean there's enough remakes for the time being.

I honestly don't care what your 'point' is, I'm speaking in general. It seems like some people think that working on other Zelda titles has them not focused on a Majora's Mask remake even though it won't even be made by the main Zelda team.

BUT! If it is revealed that Grezzo is working on a Four Swords 3DS/Wii U combo I'd be happy.

Still think Majora's Mask would be better on Wii U.  The time management aspects would make it an awkward game to pick up and play on the go.  I wanna see that terrifying moon in HD on my TV, not cooped up inside my 3DS.

• Thumbs Up 1

Still think Majora's Mask would be better on Wii U.  The time management aspects would make it an awkward game to pick up and play on the go.  I wanna see that terrifying moon in HD on my TV, not cooped up inside my 3DS.

admitedly that would be cool, and I would love to play it on my wii-u since I enver got to play it, and I dont have the expansion for my n64 

I can understand that sentiment.

I think if it were on 3DS it could have a more convenient quick save system, but you have a point. Even so, I really want to own it handheld.

Ok, so WWHD related question, never played it before, and only other game I have played is OoT on my N64, this summer. Need a game to hold me over till my B-day(put Lost world and Lego marvel superheroes on my B-day list).
And I love a good adventure, kinda prefer it over W101 (and it is cheaper, trying to save some money for spring for SSB and suprise announcements)

So, its a good pick right?

Ok, so WWHD related question, never played it before, and only other game I have played is OoT on my N64, this summer. Need a game to hold me over till my B-day(put Lost world and Lego marvel superheroes on my B-day list).

And I love a good adventure, kinda prefer it over W101 (and it is cheaper, trying to save some money for spring for SSB and suprise announcements)

Can't say over the W101 because I haven't played it yeah but based on my experience with the original (still going through it too) I say go for it, it has a great sense of adventure and I can look at the moon on it without having a heart attack (seriously its the only reason I don't play MM, don't judge me) and in my opinion has a pretty good amount of collectibles and items to find with a story that is pretty good in some aspects too.

If you enjoyed Ocarina of Time you'll enjoy this.  It's very much a follow-up to OoT in both story aspects and gameplay, with the bold new twists a "proper" sequel brings (as oppose to Majora's Mask, which was a direct sequel using the same game engine (though amazing all the same)).

This is certainly the better adventure game, if you want to lose yourself in a world and explore to your heart's content.  W101 is very much an action game which is all about the gameplay, despite having a good story to frame it.

If you enjoyed Ocarina of Time you'll enjoy this.  It's very much a follow-up to OoT in both story aspects and gameplay, with the bold new twists a "proper" sequel brings (as oppose to Majora's Mask, which was a direct sequel using the same game engine (though amazing all the same)).

This is certainly the better adventure game, if you want to lose yourself in a world and explore to your heart's content.  W101 is very much an action game which is all about the gameplay, despite having a good story to frame it.

good to know, also realizing that I rather stink at beat-em ups, I am better off sticking to my saturn for my fighting games XD

going back to the WWHD Music, i wouldnt mind if they changed the Great Sea theme to something like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMICyNq2-hI&list=PL1C7C00B7B2CE4D57

starts at around 4:45

I'm probably gonna get lambasted for this, but I really don't like the Great Sea theme at all. Original or symphony, it's a drag to listen to. Kinda not looking forward to having to listen to it regularly.

I just had a dream that I got to play this and it had a ton of cool differences from the original, new gameplay elements and areas and stuff.  Goddamn pre-release game dreams messing up expectations.

• Thumbs Up 1

Majora's Mask is my favorite game of all time, and I want to be able to play it on the go.

I mean, seriously, what is there to argue about?!  There is a team basically DEDICATED to making Majora's Mask 3D.  Making it will not affect the new Zeldas in ANY WAY.  But still people say "EH YOU GUYS CAN WAIT RIGHT".

Fucking...!  NO I fucking can't.  Majora's Mask is an amazing fucking game and I want a remake RIGHT FUCKING NOW.  There is literally no reason it can't and shouldn't be done other than some dumbass argument about flooding the market with remakes.  So the fuck what?!  They're going to sell like goddamn hotcakes, every last one of them, and Nintendo should try to make every last penny they can.

Not only that, but we're talking some GOOD-ASS GAMES here.  Wind Waker and Majora's Mask are like...two of the greatest games ever made.  In a sea of mass-produced bullshit, it's nice to see some titles with character shine, even if they are remakes.

Edited by NOPE

There IS a benefit to waiting though.  Put too many games out at once and no-one can afford to buy them.  Majora's Mask remake and Wii U Zelda being announced around the same time, once ALBW and WWHD have been out for a while, will be fine with me.

Also Grezzo do not just exist to do Zelda remakes.  I know it's not a big project but most recently they developed Streetpass Garden/Flower Town for Streetpass Plaza on 3DS.

It's worth mentioning that it's an absoloutely beautiful game and I'd love to see what the team could do with the Wii U if MM got the HD treatment.

Am I weird for saying I'd rather have Twilight Princess on the go than Majora's Mask?  I dunno, Twilight Princess' gameplay structure is much more like Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask is just so precious for me.  I guess it's just personal preference, I don't get into portable games as much as console ones, and Majora's Mask is absoloutely a game where when I want to play it again, I will put time aside for it and will proceed to play it for hours and totally get wrapped up in it.

Edited by JezMM

most recently they developed Streetpass Garden/Flower Town for Streetpass Plaza on 3DS.

cancel all zelda projects

we need more flowers

I'm probably gonna get lambasted for this, but I really don't like the Great Sea theme at all. Original or symphony, it's a drag to listen to. Kinda not looking forward to having to listen to it regularly.

B-but it's so grand and majestic and gives the perfect sense of adventure! I just cant believe there's someone who doesn't find it great, let along not like it at all D:

• Thumbs Up 5

cancel all zelda projects

we need more flowers

I'll have you know that Streetpass Garden is the best oh-my-god-will-this-guy-in-my-garden-shed-ever-fucking-shut-up simulator I've ever played.

• Thumbs Up 2

The reason I don't think that MM or any other Zelda game remake should be released in the foreseeable is just that there's been a steady stream of them already. There's really no need to saturate the series with remakes in such a short period of time, especially if that means exhausting the supply of games that people would want to see remade. It really doesn't matter that Grezzo have handled other remake projects instead of Nintendo so there's no impact on the development of new titles- I'm just bothered by the idea of having so much old stuff being cashed in on while we wait for something that's actually new.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

So why have it now when we have OoT remake, WWHD remake, ALBW and SS two years ago, ether than a year or two down the line when there are no Zelda games coming out? Release it during a dry period to keep money rolling in?

Don't get me wrong I'd love to play it as I've never played the original, but I can see the reasoning for not doing it now

Well, they DO release the remakes in dry periods. OOT 3D was made to hold over fans until ALBTW came out. WWHD is being made to hold over fans until Zelda Wii U comes out. I honestly would not expect any announcemnet this year.