Awoo.

Zelda Topic

VO.SUPER

Wallet, why don't you have money inside?

Room, why don't you have space for a Ganondorf figurine?

Edited by Dom

Is it bad that I preordered a copy of the one with the statue and I don't even HAVE a Wii-U yet? I probably won't be getting one for a long time, then there's the fact that I want to get the Zelda Wii-U which already has a digital copy of WW HD and the Historia that I already own JUST for the console.

I'd probably end up giving the digital stuff to someone else but, damnit, I need more money than what I have considering everything I want to get is only in game form with special offers.

Is it bad that I preordered a copy of the one with the statue and I don't even HAVE a Wii-U yet? I probably won't be getting one for a long time, then there's the fact that I want to get the Zelda Wii-U which already has a digital copy of WW HD and the Historia that I already own JUST for the console.

I'd probably end up giving the digital stuff to someone else but, damnit, I need more money than what I have considering everything I want to get is only in game form with special offers.

Well there is a legit reason behind this.

The Ganondorf statue which is awesome.

Video: Should you buy The Legend Of Zelda: Wind Waker HD?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aBZwYKMXFo
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/54911/video-should-you-buy-the-legend-of-zelda-wind-waker-hd/

The video is part 1 in a series of videos ONM is doing. First one is about the visuals.

So, Eiji Aonuma has been talking about the Zelda Wii U project he's been working on. The project seems to be going great, and he saythat not only is he taking cues and lessons learned from Wind Waker HD and Link Between Worlds, the Wii U game could very well be a completely new formula.

Firstly, how the project is going:

“It’s going well!” exclaims Aonuma. “We’re incorporating HD features we tried in the Wind Waker, and vice-versa, by applying HD features from it to the Wind Waker. Since it’s a remake, we’ve been limited regarding what we can do with the Wii U Gamepad; however, for the new title we’ll have various ways of using [the device].”

Connections with Wind Waker HD:

“I believe so,” answers Aonuma. “For example, traveling while having the map displayed on the Wii U GamePad made it really comfortable [to play], and I believe this can also be done for other areas besides the ocean. Parts that I felt were fun while playing [The Wind Waker HD] will assuredly have an influence on the next title, without a doubt.”

And he says he's not getting tired of Zelda games, and the less 'traditional' the project is, the more fired up about it he is:

“When I say I’m tired, I’m not talking about making Zelda, but rather, the same constituent that has been used to make Zelda up until now. While on the subject, in regard to how we’ve always done things the traditional way until now: ‘Why does it have to be traditional?’ That’s the question I’ve been asking myself.”

“If we don’t change that, we can’t make something new. We’re slightly approaching The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds with that mindset, and also the next Zelda title, which we intend to continue changing. However, this brings us to the topic, ‘Exactly what is The Legend of Zelda about?”

“Something that is ‘traditional’ is in a sense often something that copies previous works, so if you continue doing that, it gradually takes away from its uniqueness,” says Aonuma. “So we’re currently working on making those parts more and more unique.”

“So, by no means, am I tired of it,” Aonuma reiterates with a laugh. “Rather, the more we change it, the more I get fired up. Having someone think ‘Huh? Is this Zelda?!’ at first, then ‘Oh, it is Zelda,’ is what we’re going for.Something that wouldn’t make it matter whether Link or Princess Zelda appear in it or not. Something where it wouldn’t even matter if Zelda is actually a princess, or not.”

Sounds like the new Zelda on Wii U could be quite impressive, indeed. I'd like to see bits that are more like Dark Souls, personally, but we'll see.

My Wind Waker HD hasn't arrived yet but the Limited Edition guide did.  The cloth map is depressingly lame.  Only a corner of the world map with lots of decorative artistically rendered sea monsters and such inbetween the islands.  I thought it was gonna be a full world map as it appears in-game.  The cloth is very thin and silky too, rather than thick and rustic as I imagined.

Video: Should you buy The Legend Of Zelda: Wind Waker HD?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aBZwYKMXFo

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/54911/video-should-you-buy-the-legend-of-zelda-wind-waker-hd/

The video is part 1 in a series of videos ONM is doing. First one is about the visuals.

>ONM

>"Should you buy Wind Waker HD"

Cut the bullshit and get the wanking article over with, ONM.

>ONM

>"Should you buy Wind Waker HD"

Cut the bullshit and get the wanking article over with, ONM.

"In fact, if you put the camera at certain angles, you wouldn't even know this is a video game!"

Lol. Okay.

"No jagged lines, no glitches between objects", he said as the camera tore through the innards of an innocent tree.

Edited by Blue Blood

Piccies of the special edition guide with the laaaame cloth (IMO):

tumblr_mu4801J8ob1qhi4j7o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mu4801J8ob1qhi4j7o2_1280.jpg

I'll be honest it prolly looks nicer than it is but it really surprised me how weedy and unauthentic it is when other bonuses like this have really felt like a cheap-but-honest replica of the real in-game object.

• Thumbs Up 1

Damn. That does look just a tad on the disappointing side. I'm kinda glad now that I didn't buy it.

Also, don't lose your copy of Luigi's Mansion 2 there!

I got WWHD today, as I'm sure many others did here. Special Edition with the Ganondorf figure. The figure is a real beaut for something of it's size. And I love the display bubble it comes in. I've not had much time to invest in the game itself though cause of work and sleep, but I've just gotten to Dragon Roost Island. It doesn't really control as well as Skyward Sword does like I was expecting. In fact, it's much closer to OoT and perhaps quite true to the original (which I've not really played). Visually, it's not but not really outstanding. I'm noticing a hell of a lot of polys on the character models. It's not quite as impressive as I thought it'd be. Still enjoying it though. Can't wait to get to play it some more.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

My Wind Waker HD hasn't arrived yet 

At least I'm not the only one! laugh.png Anyway I can't wait until it finally does arrive as I have major nostalgia for this game since it came out when I was about 8.

My copy of WWHD has arrived! 8D Haven't played it yet but I will very soon. The Ganondorf figure = beautiful. I didn't expect those orange things on his swords to be loose though!

Went and picked up my copy today. The Ganondorf figure is really cool, but us in NA didn't get the neat dome you EU guys got. I'm still happy because it looks freaking awesome.

As for the game itself I just got to the rich guys' house on Windfall Island and am plotting on destroying all of his fine china. I haven't played Wind Waker since getting all 20 hearts in it and doing the final Ganondorf fight tons of times so this has been a wonderful trip so far. The game looks fantastic and I'm really enjoying going through it again, it holds up and still has all the charm it did back in the day.

Went and picked up my copy today. The Ganondorf figure is really cool, but us in NA didn't get the neat dome you EU guys got. I'm still happy because it looks freaking awesome.

Actually, if I understand it correctly the US version has a different base also. The EU one is plain black, so is yours different?

Actually, if I understand it correctly the US version has a different base also. The EU one is plain black, so is yours different?

We've got this, like...I dunno how to describe it. Kinda black swirly stone kinda thing, it looks like it could have come from the game, it's stylized. I'd take a picture but my webcam wouldn't show it well enough.

Speaking of pictures, though...

tumblr_mu5pnsCsuQ1rocc01o1_500.png

This might be my GOTY

• Thumbs Up 2

I haven't received my copy yet, but of course I live all the way up in Inverness and GAME are usually a little late.

I don't even have a Wii-U yet, but I wanted that damn figurine and I'll easily get the Wii-U later.

Got mine today too.  I'm enjoying taking my time and doing all the side quests for the first time since my first play back on Gamecube.  Just made it to Dragon Roost Cavern.

Gotta say it's taking a while to cast aside Muscle Memory for the new boat controls lol, even though they're overall more intuitive than the original.