Awoo.

Zelda Topic

VO.SUPER

I started WWHD in Hero mode, and decided not to use the Swift Sail until after I beat the main story (you can't tempt me!).  So far I'm at Forest Haven (just got the Deku Leaf), making my way over towards the Forbidden Woods. 

Hero Mode is the way this game is meant to be played.  Dragon's Roost Cavern was fucking terrifying at points (Bokoblins hiding in fucking vases and ChuChu's popping out of nowhere).  I was honestly surprised when I got a Game Over, because that's the first time I've ever seen it.  Enemies are also a bit more tenacious than I remember; it also feels like the Parry window is a lot shorter than it used to be (I'm just going to chalk it up to my memory playing tricks on me right now though).  Otherwise it's pretty much the same Wind Waker I love and adore. 

Oh yeah, the game's pretty, but we all know that.

i1gyZ6ryPGTYW.jpg

Edited by Wonder Nix
  • Thumbs Up 2

So uh.. what are the orange strings in the Limited Edition (Ganon Figure) supposed to do?

>.<

So uh.. what are the orange strings in the Limited Edition (Ganon Figure) supposed to do?

>.<

They're pieces of his swords.  Just stick them into his hands.

Edited by Wonder Nix
  • Thumbs Up 1

I love this game. x3 One of my favorite (3D) Zelda game.

Finally I can get to the final boss my self.. Wasn't able to do so 10 years ago. lol ^^ 

Have to say, this game is easier than I thought it would be.. It was harder back then! 

Does anyone else can't resist collecting all bottle messages you see? :3

Is it just me or is the stand a little hard to use? Like.. is it supposed to be very easy to knock the statue over? I'm just worried if I try to jam his feet in that I'll break it.

edit: accidentally a word

Edited by Autosaver

...Orange strings detached, stand not easy to use?  My Ganondorf came fully assembled.

@Wonder Nix, without wanting to be a downer, Hero Mode quickly becomes forgettable once the ocean is opened up to you.  Unless you plan to deliberately avoid bottles and heart pieces, you'll be swimming in health again as per usual soon enough.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACNUKEZTjp_WA

Been taking my sweet ass time with the game, just playing it in chunks, doing little tiny stuffs at a time when I feel like it. It's all fantastic and stuffs, but I gotta admit, the tingle bottle shit is probably my most fun part of the game:

Keaton madness

Peahats

Dis guy!

10 Rupees

Hardcore Parkour

I kinda did this with Animal Crossing New Leaf on my 3DS as well using Swapnote. I just find it really enjoying to make derpy comic-like things on my experience through the game, even if they aren't the best drawn things on the planet, XD.

The Miiverse support is just great for this game.  It was a stroke of genius to add selfies, really was.  I'm so glad we got this instead of a straight Virtual Console port or something.

Here's my personal faves from my efforts:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACNUKEZSXSEkQ

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAADYUV6o9Q1BwQ

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAADYUV6o8igvMA

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAADYUV6o_BzYvA  (Not a Tingle Bottle but seems people really connect to this post on an emotional level).

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

Seriously? It only took me until the second auction to find the swift sail, which is a godsend by the way, not having to play the song of winds all the damn time. I even found myself sailing to places instead of warping because of it and I never would have considered that before. 

Hero mode is definitely a greater challenge especially in the beginning, but honestly, to such a skilled player like me I only found myself dying once in dragon roost cave while still progressing though the game as recklessly as I normally would. Hell, I think I didn't even take damage in the earth temple. 

Anyways, I think I'll actually start the second quest this time around. Is there any real difference aside from playing in your PJs?

...Orange strings detached, stand not easy to use?  My Ganondorf came fully assembled.

US and European Ganondorf figures are different for some reason. Over here it comes in two pieces- Ganondorf on a plain black base and a detachable plastic bubble. In the US, the base has a pattern on it, there's no bubble and it sounds like he's not full assembled either.

Seriously? It only took me until the second auction to find the swift sail, which is a godsend by the way, not having to play the song of winds all the damn time. I even found myself sailing to places instead of warping because of it and I never would have considered that before. 

Hero mode is definitely a greater challenge especially in the beginning, but honestly, to such a skilled player like me I only found myself dying once in dragon roost cave while still progressing though the game as recklessly as I normally would. Hell, I think I didn't even take damage in the earth temple. 

Anyways, I think I'll actually start the second quest this time around. Is there any real difference aside from playing in your PJs?

Aryll wears her pirate duds for the whole game, ancient Hyrulian dialogue is translated, you start with the Pictobox and (if I recall) your Nintendo Gallery progress intact, and I read that Treasure Charts are more fiendish - treasure is further away from land-masses, making it harder to identify what islands they are near with only corners of geometry to go by.

Edited by JezMM

There's a ton of stuff in every game ever that is added for flavour but is unnecessary.  Let's remove it all.

Basically what megadude said.

Well, sheesh, man, you didn't have to go that far. I just didn't think the sound effect was so important that its absence warranted that response, is all...

Well, sheesh, man, you didn't have to go that far. I just didn't think the sound effect was so important that its absence warranted that response, is all...

Tbh your intuition was right but in the wrong way, I was being intentionally overdramatic.

But I still found it a genuinely weird thing to be arguing over which is why I responded sincerely.

Edited by JezMM

So wait? the swift sail also changes the wind direction for you? i thought it was just faster!

http://gimmegimmegames.com/2013/10/wind-waker-hd-drowns-first-week-sale-japan-worst-debut-series-history/

It's like I've said previously. Zelda is just not a popular series in Japan anymore. While the Wind Waker remake is doing well in the Western front, the Japanese have all but given up on the series after Ocarina of Time.

Nintendo should release only digitally over there to keep the costs down.

• Thumbs Up 1

Got the Swift Sail in my very first auction!  (Well, second, I guess.  I won a Treasure Chart in my REAL first one, but I left the WiiU on too long without saving, sooooo...yeah.)  I have to say, it's really nifty, but I'm still not used to the controls yet.  So, sometimes, I'll be like, "Okay, time to get outta dis boat!" and take off sailing.  Then, in a panic, I'll hit A again and at that point I'm halfway across the map from where I need to be.

I really forgot how good this game's story is.

Edited by Master of Disguise Wario

Bloody 'ell.

I keep leaping out of the boat when I meant to get the sail out and getting the sail out when I meant to leap out. I did that a lot on the freakin' original too. XD

I've always loved the human face fish characters on this game. I like it how they always refer to you as "Small fry" or just "Fry." lol

I also like the MiiVerse thingie, it's like an optional side quest to try and collect any you come across. I've never sent one yet though. I probably will when I get the colour Pictograph thing, except I can't remember how you get it.

Bloody 'ell.

I keep leaping out of the boat when I meant to get the sail out and getting the sail out when I meant to leap out. I did that a lot on the freakin' original too. XD

I've always loved the human face fish characters on this game. I like it how they always refer to you as "Small fry" or just "Fry." lol

I also like the MiiVerse thingie, it's like an optional side quest to try and collect any you come across. I've never sent one yet though. I probably will when I get the colour Pictograph thing, except I can't remember how you get it.

Talk to Lenzo in the Pictograph House on Windfall Island and complete his commands.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

Aw man, cant wait to play Wind Waker HD later this week, but now I am hungering to play other Zelda games as well, even if I am not a huge fan of motion controls, so I got a question:
anybody have an extra or little used copy of LOZ Twilight Princess or Skyward sword they would be willing to part with? just wondering, if someone does I would be interested

Aw man, cant wait to play Wind Waker HD later this week, but now I am hungering to play other Zelda games as well, even if I am not a huge fan of motion controls, so I got a question:

anybody have an extra or little used copy of LOZ Twilight Princess or Skyward sword they would be willing to part with? just wondering, if someone does I would be interested

It's worth bearing in mind that TP has terrible motion controls. It's all either mindless waggle, or a finnicky cursor. SS on the other hand is has more motion controls, and they're all fantastic. Your sword, cursors and everything else is controlled by the Motion+ so everything works very smoothly.

As quick look on Amazon US shows that you can get TP Wii for under $9 used, and Skyward Sword is about $34 used. I'd recommend the latter though. It's still cheap relative to other games, and SS is way better than TP as a whole.

It's worth bearing in mind that TP has terrible motion controls. It's all either mindless waggle, or a finnicky cursor. SS on the other hand is has more motion controls, and they're all fantastic. Your sword, cursors and everything else is controlled by the Motion+ so everything works very smoothly.

As quick look on Amazon US shows that you can get TP Wii for under $9 used, and Skyward Sword is about $34 used. I'd recommend the latter though. It's still cheap relative to other games, and SS is way better than TP as a whole.

wasnt there a gamecube version of TP? admittedly my GC is at home, but it would be something for next summer at least

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

wasnt there a gamecube version of TP? admittedly my GC is at home, but it would be something for next summer at least

Yes, there is. It's always more expensive though, and the controls don't make a massive difference. Plus you'll have to pull out your Wii or GCN to play it, while with the Wii version you can just use it on your Wii U.

EDIT: (and in the right topic this time)

I just completed the Tower of Gods.

... yeah, I don't like WW all too much. Can't say exactly why though. It's just not to my tastes very much. Also, Gohdan was laughably easy. I thought I'd just beaten his first phase or something, but the battle ended.

Edited by Blue Blood