Awoo.

Zelda Topic

VO.SUPER

UH, GUYS!?

zelda.jpg

It's time to play "Real or Fake?"!

i think it might be legit

Hm... my brain is saying "Yo, don't fall for it, Komo! It's a trap!"... and yet, my heart is going, "No, fuck you, brain! Let me actually enjoy something for once!"

I'm... a bit conflicted on this...

• Thumbs Up 6

I want it to be true but I could have sworn they were focusing on an original 3DS Zelda before releasing a remake-type game.

Last I heard, the Zelda team was debating on whether to do said original 3DS game or MM3D first.

A remake of Majora's Mask on 3DS. I usually don't care about remakes, but this is an exception.

Because MM is just so fucking good, I want to give Nintendo my money for it twice.

• Thumbs Up 3

A remake of Majora's Mask on 3DS. I usually don't care about remakes, but this is an exception.

Because MM is just so fucking good, I want to give Nintendo my money for it twice.

I'd give Nintendo more than my money for MM3D...

Just sayin'.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would be willing to give Majora's Mask another chance if it came out for the 3DS, but a part of me kinda wants to get the N64 version... but considering how much it goes for these days (why can't there be a dirt-cheap Legend of Zelda game for once?) I suspect I'll be paying the same amount of money either way if I did, eh.

I'm not sure if this is true, but I heard the virtual console version has a better framerate and sharper textures.

it's just a placeholder, TBC 2012 means nothing with Game as they're incredibly slow at updating their listings to begin with, it's probably coming but most likely late 2013.

A Majora's Mask 3D remake is pretty much inevitable (god knows I can't wait for it), but they have stated before that the next 3DS Zelda will be original

“We are already preparing a new game, a game in the series for the Nintendo 3DS, but don’t think that it is a direct sequel to the Zelda titles released on DS. We are talking about a new game, but it takes much of what has been done on previous consoles.”

Eiji Aonuma on the potential of MM3D: “It’s something I’m asked about often and I assure you that it is something I’ve spoken to Miyamoto about. But recently we released The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D as a remake. We are considering the idea, but it didn’t seem right to launch a remake one after another, so the next Zelda game on 3DS will be original.”

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 1

Majora's Mask 3D is pretty much THE game that would get me to buy a 3DS.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 1

UH, GUYS!?

zelda.jpg

It's time to play "Real or Fake?"!

i think it might be legit

Oh damn, time to start setting aside some cash.

PLEASEBEREALGODDAMNITPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE.

Aonuma has a point though. I think having a new Zelda game on the 3DS would be more interesting at this current moment, and two ports in a row for the system is really pushing it. Besides, wasn't one major complaint about Ocarina of Time 3D that not much was changed from the original? I'm sure it's going to be the exact case for Majora's Mask, in which case you can just play the N64 or WiiWare version to tide you over for now.

So basically MM3D would be really nice but I don't think it should be a priority for the developers right now. They should put their resources into a new game to even it out, lest fans just accuse them of being lazy.

I think just getting MM3D out the door will help 3DS sales, considering that it's pretty cheap to make and it's a for sure seller.

I think just getting MM3D out the door will help 3DS sales, considering that it's pretty cheap to make and it's a for sure seller.

If Ocarina couldn't convince people, I doubt Majora's Mask iwould fare any better. As far as system sales go, a new game is probably the best bet.

Whichever direction Nintendo chooses, I'll be buying.

Edited by Original Character Blonic

Don't many of these retailers often list games which they merely assume to exist, or invent them as placeholders? Just because MM3D supposedly was on Game by no means means that it's actually coming out. It probably will, in the end, Nintendo have made that clear enough - which is precisely why Game would've made the assumption that they could put up a listing - but any time soon? Probably not.

I'd be happy if they did eventually remake MM on 3DS. I don't like Majora's Mask all that much, but I consider OoT3D to be THE definitive version, and I take the improvements and changes for granted, since every time I go back to the original OoT I end up disliking not having gryoscope aiming, having worse graphics/textures in most areas, and not having as many inventory slots or not having a dedicated Ocarina button which lets me pull up the song list while actually playing the damn thing, since I have bad memory with playing the songs right. The boots being slot items instead of subscreen items is a VERY handy improvement.

Not to mention, I just like having a game to play on the go. I can go through OoT3D several times without getting tired of it and thanks to that I know the game pretty well. Maybe I'd like Majora more if I went through it enough times to remember what to do or what not to do.

Edited by Shade Vortex

It would be interesting to see if they included a Master Quest or Challenge Mode with Majora's Mask like they did with OoT

• Thumbs Up 1

Impossible.

I'm sorry, but it very much IS possible for someone's opinion about something you like to be the opposite of yours. If you'd like, I could go in-depth about everything I don't like about Majora's Mask- but it's simply not worth the effort, because nothing would change- I'd still dislike the game, and you'd still like it.

Anyways, even though I would indeed like to see the game get a much-deserved remake due to possible improvements and changes, I would much prefer a new game first, and from the looks of things, that is what seems likely to happen still. At least I can say the Zelda series always has me guessing what's next, as you never really know what the next game will look, or play like really.

Edited by Shade Vortex
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not to mention, I just like having a game to play on the go. I can go through OoT3D several times without getting tired of it and thanks to that I know the game pretty well. Maybe I'd like Majora more if I went through it enough times to remember what to do or what not to do.
Majora's Mask is a game that definitely gets better the more you learn about it.
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'm sorry, but it very much IS possible for someone's opinion about something you like to be the opposite of yours. If you'd like, I could go in-depth about everything I don't like about Majora's Mask- but it's simply not worth the effort, because nothing would change- I'd still dislike the game, and you'd still like it.

It's called a JOKE.

So I decided to go to Nintendo World for old time's sake, and to see what's new and wouldn't you know it:

eOGJg.jpg

I would say you're going to enjoy the game, but judging by the extremely polarizing opinions, I'm just gonna say take it for what it's worth.

In other words, please like it ;_;

• Thumbs Up 5

I need a Wii to play it on first, so looks like i need to Hijack my sister's

I dunno, I don't really have a standard for Zelda games considering I haven't played many(I only beat WW, and just about finished TP), so I dunno what to think of this game.