Awoo.

Zelda Topic

VO.SUPER

You better like it. This game needs more fans.We can't fight off the haters alone.

Now y'see, that's the kind attitude I was trying to avoid.

I dunno, I don't really have a standard for Zelda games considering I haven't played many(I only beat WW, and just about finished TP), so I dunno what to think of this game.

I don't really think the issue is whether or not you'll like it, for most fans the issue is more of a "you may or may not like it as much as other Zelda games" type of thing. It is for me, anyway.

Though in your case, you're probably fine.

• Thumbs Up 1

So is this game like the "Unleashed" of the Zelda series being torn by two different crowds?

Eh, I'd say Twilight Princess is the "Sonic Unleashed" of the series, and not just because of the whole "hero w/ lycanthropy exploring the world with an imp-like creature" deal..

Changing gears for a second, I finished my Minish Cap playthrough today. Have to say, I think this game is a bit underrated. As small as the overworld is (for a Zelda game), it is packed with tons and tons of content, and the dungeons were pretty damn well designed if a little on the easy side. I think the reason this game is a bit more looked down on is that the game's shrinking gimmick just isn't very memorable or exciting. Most Zelda gimmicks alter the gameplay in some way, whereas this is mainly just an asthetic change.

And the Kinstone system is a mixed bag. It's a cool concept, but I felt the sidequests relied on them a little too much. And nothing was more infuriating then using them to make a chest appear, only for it to contain another Kinstone actually no scratch that, blue shells. The game keeps hiding large caches of them in hard-to-reach areas as if they're supposed to be a sacred treasure, but unless you love pointless collectathons they're completely worthless (or if you REALLY care about getting every single heart piece, as using the shells to collect 130 figurines yields one).

Regardless, Minish Cap is a lot better than I remember it being.

• Thumbs Up 2

Minish Cap was dissapointing compared to what they were able to do with the Oracle games. I do remember Minish Cap getting rave reviews from critics and fans when it game out. Everybody giving it 9's and 10's so I don't see it as underrated. Nor do I see it as overrated because I never really hear anybody rave about it anymore. For me it felt like a downgrade from Oracles. Not that it wasn't fun. It was very fun. But it was way too short, the overworld was tiny, and I found the dungeons pretty simplistic. Other than that the music and graphics were outstanding. And I really loved the kinstone stuff and Ezlo.

And people do love Skyward Sword. Just because people on this fourm don't like it doesn't mean we need more people to like it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Minish Cap was dissapointing compared to what they were able to do with the Oracle games.

Oh I'm definitely not saying it's in the same league as THOSE. The Oracle games are fucking godly, IMO. I just remember Minish Cap being a lot more mediocre then what I just played, that's all. And it's still miles better than Phantom Hourglass.

I don't dislike SS, I just think it's my least favorite 3D Zelda. I really hope they go in a different direction with the next one. I think what bothered me most in SS was the overworld. The sky sucked, and the ground wasn't connected and felt like a bunch of hallways. I know older 3D Zeldas got a lot of shit for having "empty" overworlds but honestly I preferred the old ones.

• Thumbs Up 4

I don't dislike SS, I just think it's my least favorite 3D Zelda. I really hope they go in a different direction with the next one. I think what bothered me most in SS was the overworld. The sky sucked, and the ground wasn't connected and felt like a bunch of hallways. I know older 3D Zeldas got a lot of shit for having "empty" overworlds but honestly I preferred the old ones.

I completely agree with this post. I feel like I can't stress this enough: I don't hate Skyward Sword. At the end of the day it's still a good game. I just think it's the weakest of the 3D Zelda's.

• Thumbs Up 4

My only real complaint about Minish Cap is its smallness. I think they needed another Minish dungeon, because as it stands they didn't do nearly enough with the Minish concept. I mean, you fight, what, only three normal-sized enemies as a Minish, and one of them's a recolour? And the second of only two Minish dungeons does barely anything it couldn't have done if you were playing through it normal-sized? I think part of the problem, actually, is because Minish Cap had two different gimmicks: The Minish gimmick, and the Four Sword gimmick. And while I liked what it did with the latter, I think maybe they should've lost that and done more with the Minish instead.

Actually, I think Spirit Tracks needed another dungeon, too. I suspect maybe they wanted to put one in but didn't have time, given that your ultimate sword gets plucked out of nowhere in a transitional cutscene.

You know what I found to really be a good self imposed challenge in Twilight Princess? Try playing the entire game (after the third dungeon of course) with the zora armor. It's a good self imposed challenge that can turn any run into a hectic fight for your life. For starters, fire damage takes 1 1/2s now, and since that's what a lot of bokoblins use, it's nuts. Ice attacks deal 2 hearts too, and in the Snow Peak ruins, this can be absolute murder.

• Thumbs Up 3

The problem with that is that it requires you to play Twilight Princess.

Oh come now, I thought it was a good game. Sure it was a little on the easy side, but I found it entertaining. The story is well thought out, and the levels are very well designed.

Oh come now, I thought it was a good game. Sure it was a little on the easy side, but I found it entertaining. The story is well thought out, and the levels are very well designed.

Why are you trying to argue the quality of a game with Dio...?

It's tedious and forgettable. The wolf gimmicks are bad, interesting items are criminally underused, the art style is dull and unappealing, the intro goes on way too long, and it feels like an OoT retread. You can count the good things in the game on one hand-Midna, the Arbiter's Grounds boss fight, the old west style shootout, and the Snowpeak dungeon. That's about it.

• Thumbs Up 7

Count me apart of the crowd that think Twilight Princess is boring, I remember playing it and just not finding anything memorable at all, especially compared to Wind Waker. The characters are boring and lifeless, Zelda herself is almost nonexistent, and the interesting villain we could have had in Zant was thrown out in favor of Ganondorf, yet again. It's not a bad game, but I feel it's the weakest 3D Zelda.

I'm sure most of you seen my gigantic rant pertaining to TP, so I wont say anymore on the subject.

I consider Twilight Princess better than Wind Waker(which seems to be the new favorite), but not by much.

A more violent person would call you a monster for saying so, but I'm more civilized than that :P

I consider Twilight Princess better than Wind Waker(which seems to be the new favorite), but not by much.

YOU'RE A MONSTER

Nah, I liked Twilight Princess, but I really think there was ABSOLUTELY NO WAY it could live up to the insane hype surrounding it. It could've been better, yes, but it was being touted as THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME for a while, and it had a shit ton to live up to.

It had its moments, but I feel that Wind Waker is the better game.

The Zelda sequence:

Most recent game: Bad.

Game before that: Worst in the series.

Game(s) before that: The Holy Grail itself.

• Thumbs Up 4

It's more like

Most recent game: Shit

Game before that: Love it or hate it

Game before THAT: God.

Game before THAT:Overrated

It's tedious and forgettable. The wolf gimmicks are bad, interesting items are criminally underused, the art style is dull and unappealing, the intro goes on way too long, and it feels like an OoT retread. You can count the good things in the game on one hand-Midna, the Arbiter's Grounds boss fight, the old west style shootout, and the Snowpeak dungeon. That's about it.

The wolf gimmick was well enough to the best of it's ability, the combat with the wolf is fun and engaging.

Oh that's true, like the spinning top and the dominion rod. Terrible misuse. Heck, even that awesome ball and chain wasn't used enough.

I found the art in the Twilight realm to be pretty appealing compared to that used in the main game, but otherwise I agree with you. I actually wish they went a little more steampunk with this style, because that seemed more fitting for the setting.

Really? I found the intro to be rather easy, and unlike the intro in Skyward Sword you had more engagement in the beginning. Really, the intro was a pretty perfect length.

Oh yes, it feels like one big OOT retread, though unlike OOT the dungeons are more creative. The Sky City was one of the better dungeons I've played in a long time.

Well, I have a few good things to add. The dungeons are very creative with their gimmicks, even if you don't have a use for them later on, and are quite engaging. While the overworld is terribly lacking of enemies, it is very rife with secret areas that are quite fun to look for, even if it's empty.

• Thumbs Up 1