Awoo.

Zelda Topic

VO.SUPER

Disappointed, but not too surprised, to hear that the game was delayed, but moreso that even the slightest bit of info is still up in the air and likely won't even be coming with this year's E3. Maybe they'll pull something as a surprise at the event, but I'll keep my expectations in check for now.

Well shit. That blows. First Uncharted, now this. I was excited that the big three were all bringing the big guns this year with Uncharted, Halo and Zelda. Zelda was the one I was most excited about.

Well, I guess this means if I'm able to get a PS4 this year, I have one less thing to worry about money-wise. [emoji18]

But now Nintendo currently has nothing big to replace it this year. Wonder if we'll get something at E3.

Well shit. That blows. First Uncharted, now this. I was excited that the big three were all bringing the big guns this year with Uncharted, Halo and Zelda. Zelda was the one I was most excited about.

Well, I guess this means if I'm able to get a PS4 this year, I have one less thing to worry about money-wise. [emoji18]

But now Nintendo currently has nothing big to replace it this year. Wonder if we'll get something at E3.

Its got two massive online multiplayer pushers in the form of Splatoon and Devil's Third, Have Star Fox U, Xenoblade Chronicles and possibly even SMTXFE, they got a lot of high quality heavy pushers this year

• Thumbs Up 3

The biggest game there is probably Splatoon and that's coming in May. Devil's Third and Star Fox will probably do really bad.

Also going by all of the information we have Star Fox doesn't sound very good.

In terms of sales sure none of those will reach Zelda but Zelda never does amazingly for sales anyway.

This Zelda is also too colourful to attract the mainstream dudebro audience anyway it's not going to make any considerable differences to the Wii U's fate regardless of when it's released.

In terms of quality there's a very real chance Xenoblade X could be better than Zelda U. And I only say that bc the first Xenoblade is better than half the Zelda franchise anyway.

Still haven't played the first Xenoblade, and I likely never will if Nintendo keeps being so dodgy about releasing it. 

Xenoblade X does look interesting though. Aside from that, nothing on the Wii U for this year is really catching my eye. I'm kind of interested in Splatoon but I'm sort of concerned about the games online features and how much content It'll have.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, we are talking about Nintendo, the masters of secrecy, We have no idea what Next Level Games has been working on(and they are quite possibly working on 2 games), we don't know what Retro has in the pipe, and E3 hasn't happened yet, and they definitely have surprises up their sleeve for that. Not to mention titles that we know exist, and don't know the status of(SMTXFE), or a date for (Devil's Third, which is supposedly getting a massive market push). Its far from over for nintendo

I expect a big surprise announcement at E3. Next Level Games and Retro have been working on secret games, so I have a feeling something big will be announced by either of these developers at E3 and will fill the void that Zelda left behind.

Could it be...Metroid? *crosses fingers and toes*

I expect a big surprise announcement at E3. Next Level Games and Retro have been working on secret games, so I have a feeling something big will be announced by either of these developers at E3 and will fill the void that Zelda left behind.

Could it be...Metroid? *crosses fingers and toes*

I'm also still expecting to hear from Camelot as well. I mean, we don't know FOR A FACT they're working on anything, but odds are they are. They just finished a game last year as well and they haven't announced they're going out of business or anything, so naturally they have to be working on something, too. That makes at least three games which are likely to be in development.

As for Metroid... I still doubt we'll hear anything about Metroid because last year Reggie indicated they weren't working on Metroid AT ALL at that point in time. Even if they've started working on Metroid, would it really be ready to announce? I mean, Reggie kinda implied they only had vague plans, so honestly, I really, really doubt we'll be seeing Metroid anytime soon.

Honestly, I think everyone is over reacting about the delay, all Nintendo is doing is what they've always done and what their motive tends to be, which is to put out a complete, polished product, and sometimes that involves a delay, but as their track record shows the end result is always worth it.

Also they get a game foundationally done, then build around that base, which makes StarFox U extremely likely this year, since the gameplay engine is finished, they just need a team to put the story and graphics together, and they've had over a year to do that, and Star Fox games have a quick turnover time

Also, we are talking about Nintendo, the masters of secrecy, We have no idea what Next Level Games has been working on(and they are quite possibly working on 2 games), we don't know what Retro has in the pipe, and E3 hasn't happened yet, and they definitely have surprises up their sleeve for that. Not to mention titles that we know exist, and don't know the status of(SMTXFE), or a date for (Devil's Third, which is supposedly getting a massive market push). Its far from over for nintendo

As for Metroid... I still doubt we'll hear anything about Metroid because last year Reggie indicated they weren't working on Metroid AT ALL at that point in time. Even if they've started working on Metroid, would it really be ready to announce? I mean, Reggie kinda implied they only had vague plans, so honestly, I really, really doubt we'll be seeing Metroid anytime soon.

There's next to no chance Retro's game is being released this year. It's not been long enough since DK. I'm thinking next year.

Where are you getting the idea NLG is working on two games, though? I can't think of anything hinting at that. Personally, I think they're working on Metroid 3DS.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...

I restarted to play OOT, and i do realize the day and night cycle still amaze me by how its still very good. maybe i do exaggerated but its probably one of the things didn't age bad on the game himself.

Also can we discussion about the Timelines?  

I restarted to play OOT, and i do realize the day and night cycle still amaze me by how its still very good. maybe i do exaggerated but its probably one of the things didn't age bad on the game himself.

Also can we discussion about the Timelines?  

What do you want to discuss about the timeline?

On the note of OOT, I've started MM 3D myself. I'll probably actively play a bit more soon, since I've cleared up two DK games now (DKC3 and DK64 VC).

I still hold to my speculation that I think Zelda U will be set between Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess. Maybe even less than 10 years after Majora's Mask.

Oh i normally wanted to know if we alone to talk about the Timeline of the games in general.

also the link from Ocarina of time is the same as for Majora's Mask. a lot of people get misunderstood because there a lot of links in the 3 timelines. I do believe the link on the beginning we see on Ocarina of Time, during the intro. was the hero fall but yet hopefully am wrong. its probably during when he open the realm.

Oh i normally wanted to know if we alone to talk about the Timeline of the games in general.

also the link from Ocarina of time is the same as for Majora's Mask. a lot of people get misunderstood because there a lot of links in the 3 timelines. I do believe the link on the beginning we see on Ocarina of Time, during the intro. was the hero fall but yet hopefully am wrong. its probably during when he open the realm.

There's no question about it, while many Zelda games feature a unique Link, the one in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask is certainly the same character.

It has also been confirmed that later in that timeline, Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask Link eventually becomes the Hero's Shade in Twilight Princess (the Stalfos who teaches you new sword techniques).

• Thumbs Up 1

Hyrule Historia confirmed it to be the Hero of Time.

Try telling that to MatPat from Game Theory.  He and PBG posted the theory that Link died in MM and used the Shade and Bͫͣ͐͆͂̅̈̈ͦ͆̀҉̥͕͇̫̟̟̰̩̬͚̩̝̯͕̘́͢ͅȄ̈̐̄ͭ͊̊ͤͭͪͩ͢͏̴̧͔͔̮͍̲̰͟N̶͗̒̒̑̌̍̾̓ͦ̓̃ͫͣ̉̆̔̃͝͏̺̠̻̬͎͕̩͖̻͎ as proof.  Except no.  OoT/MM Link died after eloping and having a descendent who many years later begat TP Link.

I'd rather tall them to shove it.

GameTheory is just a channel dedicated to bullshitting for entertainment value

• Thumbs Up 6

• 2 weeks later...

So i presume the Hero of Time Defeated could be part of the last fight against Ganon. believe it or not. but i didn't see this coming until a read Hyrule History. i can finally maybe see this leading to the imprisoning war. event tho i didn't past page 92 lol.

Try telling that to MatPat from Game Theory.  He and PBG posted the theory that Link died in MM and used the Shade and Bͫͣ͐͆͂̅̈̈ͦ͆̀҉̥͕͇̫̟̟̰̩̬͚̩̝̯͕̘́͢ͅȄ̈̐̄ͭ͊̊ͤͭͪͩ͢͏̴̧͔͔̮͍̲̰͟N̶͗̒̒̑̌̍̾̓ͦ̓̃ͫͣ̉̆̔̃͝͏̺̠̻̬͎͕̩͖̻͎ as proof.  Except no.  OoT/MM Link died after eloping and having a descendent who many years later begat TP Link.

Presumably the Hero of Time died without being able to pass on his knowledge, but he still at one point had a child.