Awoo.

Zelda Topic

VO.SUPER

I'd rather tall them to shove it.

GameTheory is just a channel dedicated to bullshitting for entertainment value

Unless your name is Gaijin Goombah and Aki Terrah.  They're the only truly brilliant theorists I can think of

Are you telling me the Hyrule Historia isn't accurate in all? actually it has a lot of interesting thing i never hear of, whatsoever am very glad to finally have the book and read it more info about this all. I should maybe take a look of game GameTheory just by curiosity.

Also from what i do see ingame in Twilight Princess, The Hero of Time himself feel regret at the last hidden skill. am kinda confuse a bit but thinking about it still of why he should feel bad.

Hero's Shade explicitly points out that he was the hero in the legends. Also, Isn't it mentioned that TP Link is a direct descendant of the hero of time? There's no way Link could be dead in MM unless Nintendo is completely ok with making the implication that Link procreated at the age of 10 Or whatever age he is in that game.

Hyrule Historia is absoloute canon.  Nothing Game Theory comes up with can dispute that.  If it says something is the case in HH that is the case whether fans like it or not tbh.

I also have always hated the "link is dead" theory.  Majora's Mask has tons of complex and gorgeous themes and to suggest they're all a fever dream of Link for no reason other than ow the edge completely cheapens the entire experience.

It also seems really straw grasping to me.  The relating each area to the five stages of grief is completely arbitrary.  Pretty much every area has characters or stories that could be said to relate to one of the five stages but they just mention the one element of each area's story that fits the stage of grief they want it to relate to because that is most convenient to the (again, garbage) theory.  Like, Deku King's anger encompasses the whole of the story to Woodfall, but Darmani's bargaining... not even bargaining he's just literally asking you to bring him back to life, is a 5 second long scene during Snowhead.  All the other four stages of grief are issues that are present when Link arrives which he then solves, whereas Ikana can only be said to represent Acceptance AFTER Link comes and intervenes.  It's such a sloppy theory there is no way it was the story's intention.

• Thumbs Up 6

but there is one brilliant theory:  The Eagle Labyrinth was once the Deku Tree's Sprout.  Think about it.  Even though Link was able to savew the Woods in OoT, when Ganon killed him in the final battle, chances are he eventually found the sprout (now fully grown into the next Great Deku Tree) and killed it, turning it into a husk of its former self.  And the reason why we never saw the equivalent in LttP and LBW is that Ganon never found it, but he eventually did as evidenced in the first game

Only thing I'd argue is that if it is the sprout, it's not even vaguely near the Lost Woods in Zelda I.  But of course, Hyrule's layout has never been consistent.  Certainly a fun, harmless theory that one.

"the main character is actually dead"/"it was all a dream"-type theories are pretty much the laziest and most unoriginal theories there are, and I honestly don't understand why the MM Game Theory gets so much attention compared to all the other shitty theories like it, especially when it explicitly contradicts canon material.

• Thumbs Up 4

The GAAAME theory of Link dying has always annoyed me too. It's pretty obvious that this Link is still very much alive throughout the entirety of Majora's Mask! It was never a dream, never suggested that he died within the plot's text, nothing. The Hero of Time returned to his own world and lived happily ever after, the end.

Well I'm not sure about the happily ever after since he continues searching for Navi in the woods and the whole of Hyrule is probably flooded by then but yeah.

The GAAAME theory of Link dying has always annoyed me too. It's pretty obvious that this Link is still very much alive throughout the entirety of Majora's Mask! It was never a dream, never suggested that he died within the plot's text, nothing. The Hero of Time returned to his own world and lived happily ever after, the end.

Well I'm not sure about the happily ever after since he continues searching for Navi in the woods and the whole of Hyrule is probably flooded by then but yeah.

MatPat:  But hey, it's just a theory. A GAME THEORY.  Thanks for being a sucker to my ass-pulls!

I bought Ocarina Of Time 3D and so far am enjoying it more. but overall am very into TP and Majora's mask. is Ocarina Of Time 3D have Master Quest at the end?

Sweet, thanks about the information, i did enjoyed a lot Master Quest so am very looking to take my time into this one.

Sweet, thanks about the information, i did enjoyed a lot Master Quest so am very looking to take my time into this one.

Unlike the original, the world is mirrored and you have half health for some added challenge too.  Overall I find it a more satisfying experience than the original Master Quest thanks to that (since the bosses were unchanged and anticlimactic after a hard dungeon as a result).

Without spoiling story, I now have the Goddess Longsword in Skyward Sword, do enemies get harder from here on out?

Without spoiling story, I now have the Goddess Longsword in Skyward Sword, do enemies get harder from here on out?

I don't remember the particular points of the game, but I don't think they get particularly stronger either. It's still 99% Bokoblins.

Essentially for the second half of the game, when sword fighting enemies, instead of blocking you and knocking you back to try again, they'll damage you if you fail to complete the buzzing wire game that is Skyward Sword's combat.

• Thumbs Up 1

Some enemies you fight have electrified weapons. Otherwise they're mostly just the same, with some taking more hits to kill.

I don't get it. Am I like, the only one here who never had any problems with Skyward Sword's controls? O_o They worked fine for me, great even! Mind you I never made it far into the game since I lost my Wiimote Plus, but I honestly don't remember it feeling like a buzzing wire game..

• Thumbs Up 6

For me my issue was that if I moved too quickly, it would register it as a slash and I'd hit the wrong thing.

As a result, if I was holding my sword pointed to the left, and the enemy's opening was on the right, I would have to arc my movement in an unnecessarily large rainbow shape over to the right-hand side... then slash left.

If I just moved straight to the right at an angle and speed that felt natural to me, the game almost always interpreted it as me slashing from the left and Link would fail to hit the opening on the right.

Of course I eventually adapted to this and the unnatural movement BECAME natural to me and I got faster at doing it as I figured out the game's speed threshold for moving vs slashing through experience.

But at the end of the day, while I never put it into words so eloquently myself beforehand, I find myself agreeing with the concensus from youtuber Matthewmatosis' excellent review: Skyward Sword's controls are very good, and work flawlessly upwards of 80% of the time.  But if, in past Zelda games, pushing B to swing your sword only worked 80% of the time, that would be deemed utterly unacceptable.

Mmm hmm, I see what you mean. Tbh I'm glad that Nintendo won't do another Zelda game in the future where you psychically swing the remote like a sword. It was cool in one game, but I don't want to see it anymore. ^^;

More or less what you just said, Jez. I had that issue to begin with and eventually taught myself to play it better, up to the point where the controls stopped being an issue almost completely. Skyward Sword's motion controls were pretty impressive, and I really enjoyed them. It's almost a shame we won't see something like that again because they managed to feel like a full feature rather than a lame gimmick (TP Wii), but I'd still like traditional controls again.

TP never meant for Wii, its a GC game. Yet TP Wii is simple in control, and yet i do enjoyed so far. i haven't try Skyward Sword at the moment. But i will sure try to get the game for a nicely price.

Skyward Sword's controls worked perfectly fine provided you don't have an HDTV with input lag. My problem is that the controls made the combat shallow compared to what WW and TP was building on. No more rolling around and performing special moves, just up, down, left or right and stabbing but I don't remember doing anything with it.

What's even worse is that really all you had to do was hit the one unblocked spot (usually left or right) and then you could just quickly waggle both directions quickly LEFTRIGHTLEFTRIGHT and get the kill done. That was pretty much 90% of the combat of the game, I wish they did something more interesting with it aside from that cool 6 armed boss.

• Thumbs Up 2

TP never meant for Wii, its a GC game. Yet TP Wii is simple in control, and yet i do enjoyed so far. i haven't try Skyward Sword at the moment. But i will sure try to get the game for a nicely price.

Playing TP on GCN is definitely the better experience in terms of control, but it also sucks considering only the Wii version gets widescreen.  When N64 games had widescreen modes, this exclusion is beyond ridiculous.

And at the end of the day, Nintendo consider the Wii version to be the definitive one, it's the one they wanted you to buy, so that counts for something.

But I'm glad I played it on Gamecube.

The GC version of Twilight Princess allowed for quick spin attacks as opposed to the cool down time it was given on the Wii version. I think you know which version I prefer from that. I also actually bought the GC version as I didn't have a Wii at the time, but I was able to borrow the Wii version from my cousin. The GC version is still honestly the better version.

• Thumbs Up 1