Awoo.

Zelda Topic

VO.SUPER

• 5 months later...

I'd be very happy about this.  TP is an excellent game even if it didn't reinvent the aesthetic like Wind Waker did.  It was full of fun new ideas from a gameplay perspective.

Since there was no real definitive version due to the split of benefits between Gamecube and Wii, an HD version which has both control options would be ideal.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's also worth noting that Skyward Sword is simply being ported and released on the eShop. I guess you can count out an HD rerelease for that game any time soon. 

Well, it came out at the very end of the Wii's life-cycle, I think its a bit earlier for an HD version of that game.

Did Hyrule Warriors just use assets straight from Twilight Princess? Cause I was thinking they'd probably borrow assets from that game.

Did Hyrule Warriors just use assets straight from Twilight Princess? Cause I was thinking they'd probably borrow assets from that game.

Hyrule Warriors used assets from pretty much all of them, and just updated the texturing a bit (I think).

Oh, look, an excuse to post in this topic! 

Here's the Symphony of The Goddesses performing on The Late Show last night.

It's also worth noting that Skyward Sword is simply being ported and released on the eShop. I guess you can count out an HD rerelease for that game any time soon. 

Well, yeah, that wasn't likely to happen now anyway. It'll probably happen on the NX instead.

Hyrule Warriors used assets from pretty much all of them, and just updated the texturing a bit (I think).

well the models for TP Link & Zelda I think are new, they look pretty different compared to the original ones. Especially regarding Link.

Well, yeah, that wasn't likely to happen now anyway. It'll probably happen on the NX instead.

The focus on Motion Controls makes me think it won't happen at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not convinced Skyward Sword really needs a remaster anytime soon

Just change a few values, add Anti-Aliasing and you've still got a pretty looking game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not convinced Skyward Sword really needs a remaster anytime soon

Just change a few values, add Anti-Aliasing and you've still got a pretty looking game.

"anytime soon," but I think in 4 years or so an HD upgrade would be fine.

In an interview for WWHD from Polygon, I think, Aonuma said he thinks games should have enough time between them and their remaster. He mentioned 10 years. Wind Waker HD came out more 10 years after the original and TP will be 10 next year. If he actually sticks to that, it'll be a while until we see an HD version of Skyward Sword.

In an interview for WWHD from Polygon, I think, Aonuma said he thinks games should have enough time between them and their remaster. He mentioned 10 years. Wind Waker HD came out more 10 years after the original and TP will be 10 next year. If he actually sticks to that, it'll be a while until we see an HD version of Skyward Sword.

Yeah, they definitely planned on TP HD releasing after Zelda U. Now that Zelda U and Star Fox Zero got delayed, though, I think they might pull it back (if they can) to December. That would give us two Wii U games worldwide; Japan gets GIRFE and TP HD, US/Europe gets Xenoblade X and TP HD. TP HD will probably release either in the middle of the month, or early in Japan and late in US/Europe to balance it out (GIRFE releases on the 25th in Japan, Xenoblade X on the 4th).

I'm guessing Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash was originally planned for December, they pulled that back to have something else in November when Star Fox Zero was delayed.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, it's been announced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoP7sbQhYY4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSjP7qxsSzk

Textures are a big improvement, but generally it doesn't look as if it's as much of an improvement as Wind Waker. Those improved skyboxes and lighting could've made the game look much nicer. But, hey at least you can buy a toy to unlock content, right?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71YEA8liCEL._SL1500_.jpg

You can also use the other Zelda amiibo figures and there will be some gameplay improvements however Nintendo didn't detail those since they needed time to talk about Yokai Watch since that's not out or anything.

Boxart is pretty nice, tho.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/A1HHIwo%2BHYL._SL1500_.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91NSBpYl4QL._SL1500_.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

I see they're not hiding the presence of the game's true villain this time around - and Zant isn't on the box at all!  What a turnaround.

By extension, Ilia is the true power behind the Hyrule royal family.

• 4 months later...

Huh, interesting. This might require some explanation. I was watching a video about the development of Oot, when that trailer with the Riders of Doom cover starts playing, And I decide to see if there's anything interesting about this trailer, or at least if anyone else finds it as funny as I do, and I find an article  that was mostly just there to identify the track from those who don't know it.

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/a-riddle-of-steel

It's not surprising that they would have taken some epic music to set to their trailer (that doesn't actually represent the tone of the game...) to set their trailer to, but what's more interesting that they point out, the legend of Zelda theme comes almost whole cloth from the first part of that same track, "The Riddle of Steel". The speed an instrumentation are very different (console bleeps vs a live orchestra), but that really sounds like Riddle of Steel... It's a lot easier to hear in the slower title screen version from the NES. The famous over world melody might be the motif meant to represent Conan himself. 

• 2 months later...

EB Games Australia has leaked The LEgend of Zelda Trading Cards coming June 30 oHruPaf.jpg31OcdQ0.jpg

Value Box: Each Pack Contains 4 Packs of 6 randomly inserted cards and 1 decal or tattoo, a Poster as well as 1 of 3 Randomly inserted Collectors Pins
Booster packs: Each Pack Contains 6 randomly inserted cards and 1 decal or tattoo 

The Legend of Zelda trading cards are here! This brand is incredibly popular right now with best-selling games, books, and more! There are two major game releases this year, including the new HD version of The Twilight Princess in March and an all new game “coming soon”. This stunning set will include images from 5 different games! Look for your favorite characters and icons in high quality trading cards, foil cards, tattoos, decal stickers (Clear and foil-stamped), and tattoos.

Features:

Cards from 5 Games:
Twilight Princes
Majora’s Mask
A Link Between Worlds
Ocarina of Time
Skyward Sword

Approx. 85 Cards in the Base Set including:
Foil Cards!
23 regular
8 Gold Foil Cards
12 Decal Stickers (1:2 Packs)
9 Tattoos

Booster Pack
Value Pack

Pretty cool. I wonder if there'll be a special binder made for them. Also kind of amusing is that the artwork is from three different games: Skyward Sword for Link, Twilight Princess for Zelda and OOT for Ganondorf. And they mixed up Zelda and Ganondorf's colors.

Would be depressingly funny if this was supposed to be announced during E3.

The box is watermarked "concept art," so I'm guessing the borrowed assets and mixed-up colours are not indicative of the final product.

It's not unknown for retailers to list products with blatant placeholder or pre-final artwork, but I always wonder exactly how it comes about.

13 hours ago, Marcello said:

EB Games Australia has leaked The LEgend of Zelda Trading Cards coming June 30 oHruPaf.jpg31OcdQ0.jpg

Booster Pack
Value Pack

Pretty cool. I wonder if there'll be a special binder made for them. Also kind of amusing is that the artwork is from three different games: Skyward Sword for Link, Twilight Princess for Zelda and OOT for Ganondorf. And they mixed up Zelda and Ganondorf's colors.

Would be depressingly funny if this was supposed to be announced during E3.

Actually, we've known about this since last year. It was mentioned in some sort of Japanese interview somewhere. I'm just glad it finally has a date for it.

I guess the description is outdated, though. This was likely supposed to be announced earlier, until Zelda Wii U got delayed again.

• 3 weeks later...

It seems the Twilight Princess manga is alread licensed for English-speaking countries and Germany:

Spoiler

5ZEKyiA.jpg

Picture of the Twilight Princess Vol.1 book cover. Twilight Princess Vol. 1 will be released June 24th in Japan. (日本語記事は英文の後にございます)

It will also be released in English and German. The English version is planned to be published by VizMedia, and the German version will be published by TOKYOPOP Deutschland.

However, the English and German publishers have not announced their releases yet and we don't know their release dates or other details, so please wait for the announcement from them for more information. We will share the information once it has been announced officially. (...)

From the official Akira Himekawa Facebook page