Awoo.

Sonic 2006 Re-Release?

MachSpeed

We know Sonic Adventure 2 is getting a rerelease, would you want a Sonic 2006 port for Xbox Live Arcade and PSN? They could take away everything except the Sonic levels and improve the gameplay. If they added online multiplayer I would really love it. I think Sonic's Episode in 2006 is underrated and I would love a Sonic Episode as a standalone game.

Why the fuck do some many people like this game more than logically reasonable?

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 9

Nope. It would be a complete waste of time. Time that could be spent on something more worthwhile.

• Thumbs Up 1

the game is already on next gen consoles....Why would we want a xbla version of it? That be basically putting it on demand. Also sonic 06 sucks, so no.

• Thumbs Up 2

Why the fuck do some many people like this game than reasonable?

What...?

And NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Thumbs Up 1

They could include a special unlock code that gives you a Happy Ending each time you play it and people would still send hate mail to Sega for having the balls to rerelease it.

• Thumbs Up 2

No. '06 is on Xbox and PS3 so, why?

Well there could be a PC port too. Then even if the problems aren't fixed enough people can mod it. I really like Sonic's part of the game I think it's underrated.

They could include a special unlock code that gives you a Happy Ending each time you play it and people would still send hate mail to Sega for having the balls to rerelease it.

And one that let's you play Unleashed or Generations.

Where are all of these 06 fans coming from? Seriously.

Also, no. Nobody liked that game when it first came out. They might as well make a whole new game if they want to try and fix that irredeemable shit up.

• Thumbs Up 3

Quality of the game aside, gaming rereleases are a regular thing these days. I'd give it another generation or two until such a thing occurs for X360/PS3 titles.

• Thumbs Up 1

Who gives you the happy ending? The game?

Where are all of these 06 fans coming from? Seriously.

Also, no. Nobody liked that game when it first came out. They might as well make a whole new game if they want to try and fix that irredeemable shit up.

I liked Sonic's Episode. It had really good level design with platforming and bits of speed. Also Sonic had a really cool character model. I would really enjoy a stripped down version of Sonic's episode on XBLA and PC. (With online).

Edited by MachSpeed

Well there could be a PC port too. Then even if the problems aren't fixed enough people can mod it. I really like Sonic's part of the game I think it's underrated.

Well, I can't see it selling well and that is what is needed really. There are many more worthy games to be re-released.
  • Thumbs Up 1

But 06 was already purchasable online at one point (don't know about the ps3 version). Not to mention even if it were to be re-released, if would be a waste and it would only be just 06 again. Let's not forget reviewers having their chance to review it again, thus bringing about another pointless debate.

It's not coming back again, you'll only be able to get it used or somewhat new.

I liked Sonic's Episode. It had really good level design with platforming and bits of speed. Also Sonic had a really cool character model. I would really enjoy a stripped down version of Sonic's episode on XBLA and PC.

>Really good level design.

I frankly think the complete opposite.

• Thumbs Up 2

I liked Sonic's Episode. It had really good level design with platforming and bits of speed. Also Sonic had a really cool character model. I would really enjoy a stripped down version of Sonic's episode on XBLA and PC. (With online).

Well, why do you need it re released? You can buy it dirt cheap and you can just play Sonic's story anyway.

SEGA like to pretend that '06 doesn't exist by de-listing it.

Also, the game is utter shit through and through.

You do the math regarding the likelihood of a re-release :P

• Thumbs Up 1

>Really good level design.

I frankly think the complete opposite.

There were some glitches but the level design was great. Alternate paths, shortcuts and actual platforming that wasn't Sonic Colors blockathons.

A port wouldn't be possible, since the game is already out on the 360 and PS3. And to be honest, while I think Sonic's story is the best of the three in 06, fixing the gameplay wouldn't do much...sure, you can make Sonic run a bit better, have him go faster, fix that lightspeed dash, allow the spin dash to charge, fix up some of the gems, etc. However, 06's problems go beyond just the gameplay and go into other things such as level design, enemy placement, among other things. To make a successful and smart re-release of 06, they'd have to change...well, almost everything.

EDIT: So pretty much make it well...not 06.

Edited by Burnt Ash
  • Thumbs Up 1