Awoo.

Sonic 2006 Re-Release?

MachSpeed

Yes your aboslutely right. Makes life a lot easier that's for sure. Thanks for the tip. Managed to scrape through White Acropolis with an A Rank.

Surprisingly, the save function isn't glitched out tongue.png

Also I found Sonic's White Acropolis possibly the easiest level in the entire game to S rank, especially as you can get so few points in the snowboarding it doesn't matter how well you do there.

Edited by Semi-colon e

Reminds me of a certain Youtube user called pkstarstorm1up. Some of you may know who I'm talking about. I don't normally point fingers but that dude is a special case.

Oh I know him. He's also justifies SonicXElise, and thiinks '06 has the best storyline in a Sonic game.

If they remove all those horrible bugs and controls that totally ruins the game, it could be a great game.

There's still a lot, emphasis on A LOT, of flaws with this game beyond glitches that everyone, (and by everyone I'm pretty sure Diogenes), summed up.

What I don't get is in '06, when you reach the next "act" of a level, this requires a 20 second loading screen. Doing this in SA1 caused an instant reaction. But when you die, you respawn that very second, something even GENERATIONS can't do... During the Silver boss, and therefore, the town missions, they load the entire hub world too, which is a terrible design choice... This also goes for the two-second long "hey" moments during missions. How in the FUCK did this game get past testers? Did Mario and Luigi test the game or something? And who could forget the truly WONDEROUS fact that we got one of the pre-beta versions of the game instead of the latest one that was about 10% closer to being finished? This is without a doubt THE worst Sonic game of all-time. A botched port, Sonic 4 as we truly imagined it, a (Black) Doomed concept and a dodgy handheld spinoff come nowhere close.

What I don't get is in '06, when you reach the next "act" of a level, this requires a 20 second loading screen. Doing this in SA1 caused an instant reaction. But when you die, you respawn that very second, something even GENERATIONS can't do... During the Silver boss, and therefore, the town missions, they load the entire hub world too, which is a terrible design choice... This also goes for the two-second long "hey" moments during missions. How in the FUCK did this game get past testers? Did Mario and Luigi test the game or something? And who could forget the truly WONDEROUS fact that we got one of the pre-beta versions of the game instead of the latest one that was about 10% closer to being finished? This is without a doubt THE worst Sonic game of all-time. A botched port, Sonic 4 as we truly imagined it, a (Black) Doomed concept and a dodgy handheld spinoff come nowhere close.

I am sure I heard some where that the game was rushed to meet release deadlines, and that it was not tested properly if barely at all. If it was tested, then good god it could have been even worse prior to release. Hard to believe.

Edited by MilesKnightwing

How in the FUCK did this game get past testers? Did Mario and Luigi test the game or something?

"Hoho! This is-a gonna be hilarious!"

"Hey, bro, you don't-a think this'll ruin Sonic's career or-a anything, do you?"

"He'll-a be fine, Luigi, Sonic knows-a we're just-a messin' with him."

• Thumbs Up 4

Really, Sonic 2006 is more Wario & Waluigi's motto.

"We make-a shitty-a game for the money! Weh heh heh heh!"

Really, Sonic 2006 is more Wario & Waluigi's motto.

"We make-a shitty-a game for the money! Weh heh heh heh!"

Edited by Soma
  • Thumbs Up 1

I never played this game but what I saw on YT was enough for me.

Let's just enjoy the new one's we got! As even Unleashed looks so much better than Sonic '06.

If someone thinks it is worth re-realising it, i guess they want that SEGA to go bankrupt as it would be unreasonable decision in all possible ways.

If to compare, I played Sonic Adventure re-release and I don't like it. The game-play is too much frustrating for me to enjoy it especially when you play it after Generations experience.. and as I understand the Sonic '06 is worse in every aspect compared to Sonic Adventure, right?

I am happy that SEGA re-released worthy titles like Sonic CD and all the epic Classics (oh my, that's a SWEET port) on PC.

Now if something is really worth to be re-released I would go for Sonic Colors or even Unleashed as they don't have those awful glitches :)

Whenever I will have kids I will say that Sonic 1 was the best thing I had in my childhood and will never admit that Sonic '06 ever, EVER existed.

"Wario and Waluigi proudly present: Springtime for Eggman."

... ...

... ... ...

... ...

...that is so fucking beautiful.

131956575119.gif

Edited by Dr. Crusher
  • Thumbs Up 5

I wouldn't mind it.

But I beat the game 4 times already and I'm kinda bored of it.

Sonic next gen wasn't the worst thing to come out that year Sonic genesis was.

Sonic next gen wasn't the worst thing to come out that year Sonic genesis was.

The 15th anniversary was really a crappy year for Sonic wasn't it?

The 15th anniversary was really a crappy year for Sonic wasn't it?

Sonic Riders, Sonic Rivals, Sonic Genesis and Sonic 06.

A crappy year indeed.

Hey now, Sonic Rivals was pretty good. If anything, it's more consistent and bug-free than any of the others you just listed.

Hey now, Sonic Rivals was pretty good. If anything, it's more consistent and bug-free than any of the others you just listed.

True.

I am playing 06 at the moment, and I can't help but wonder what that game could have been had the gameplay been top draw with no glitches and horrible loading times.

Edited by MilesKnightwing

I'm not stating it isn't since I haven't played it (though I played Rivals 2 which I found kinda meh), but it's kinda sad how the only decent thing to come out of Sonic's 15 year anniversary was a random spin-off game. 4 games in that year, 2 of them are atrocious and the other 2 aren't particularly noteworthy of anything. Just kind of there.

True.

I am playing 06 at the moment and I can't help but wonder what game could have been had the gameplay been top draw with no glitches and horrible loading times.

A very bland and unsatisfying 3D platformer with a bunch of characters and styles with no real thought or effort put into them to develop a coherent gameplay style that actually has some sense of depth to it.

Edited by SiLeNt PyRrH0n
  • Thumbs Up 3

Removing the glitches in 06 would alleviate much of the frustration tbh, especially homing attack fails. But you've still got the shit where Silver gets raped by bullets that are of the chipping down rings until nothing variety, the ball puzzle in Dusty Desert, the orbs in End of the World still being in dickish places, the padding with town missions, the tediously slow bosses, the ridiculous story, the parts where you have no idea where to go because there's no indication whatsoever, levels with a lack of variety because there aren't many gimmicks, the bland art style...

So the consensus is that if there were less bugs, better graphics, better story and better level design it might have been a decent game, but still probably not great?

...Sounds about right. What a trainwreck.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tricky thing about a hypothetical fixed version of 06 is figuring out where the glitches end and generally poor design begins. How much are the controls like that because of the game being unfinished versus just not really knowing how they should work?

Most of this game's problems are died in the wool. Poor design, poorly thought out progression, homing attack chains, and bottomless pits everywhere. Wait, hold on, it looks like these enemies are guarding this box. You need to defeat them all to continue. Cool, it's raining fire! (?) Sure this game has a few bits here and there where you can go one way or another, but past wave ocean and kingdom valley, there's really not much going on.

Really, fixing the glitches would take out the best part of this game: Using metal crates to fly into space. There are in fact two different ways to go about it: Stand on the box and repeatedly kick it to continuously ascend, or kick it once to pop it up and then marvel as it flies into space the moment it touches the ground.

Yeah well that's the thing, there's so much stuff wrong with the game that there's just no point in trying to 'fix' it, even hypothetically. If you were to actually do so it result in an entirely different, completely unrecognizable game altogether.

The mere suggestion that Sonic Team - or anyone for that matter - should try to 'fix' the game in absolutely any capacity instead of devoting these resources to something more fruitful and original is ridiculous.

Can't tell you how refreshing it is to see the entire community agree on something for once.

• Thumbs Up 9

To bad it's all towards hating something immensely.

If there's anything the members this forum can all come together on, it's hating things. :V

Edited by Kind-Hearted Jerk

To bad it's all towards hating something immensely.

Anyone can appreciate this bout of negative nancy uniting. Stop being such a negative nancy.

Jeez.

Unless it's Sonic 4 Episode 2. That guy deserves a break.

Edited by Dr. Crusher