Awoo.

Sonic 2006 Re-Release?

MachSpeed

I think deep down a lot of you guys secretly enjoyed parts of Sonic's episode. It's just the rest of the game sucking and the reviews that have clouded you from the truth that Sonic's levels had some great level design, and you guys actually enjoyed awesome areas like Kingdom Valley and Crisis City.

Ehhhhh, not really. Lots of us do legitimately dislike the game.

• Thumbs Up 5

I think deep down a lot of you guys secretly enjoyed parts of Sonic's episode. It's just the rest of the game sucking and the reviews that have clouded you from the truth that Sonic's levels had some great level design, and you guys actually enjoyed awesome areas like Kingdom Valley and Crisis City.

Not me for sure.

We know Sonic Adventure 2 is getting a rerelease, would you want a Sonic 2006 port for Xbox Live Arcade and PSN? They could take away everything except the Sonic levels and improve the gameplay. If they added online multiplayer I would really love it. I think Sonic's Episode in 2006 is underrated and I would love a Sonic Episode as a standalone game.

no_country_for_old_men_tommy_lee_jones.jpg

To be fair, I wouldn't mind if 06 as it is was re-released on Steam, but only to see whatever hacks interested fans would come up with for the game, namely those which are intended to improve the game from it's current state.

Otherwise let the game along with the rest of that dark period in the franchise's history it contributed to decompose in peace. It would be much more sensible for Sega to use their resources to create from scratch an all-new superior Sonic game, rather than trying to polish a six-year old unfinished, glitch-ridden turd very few people consider a decent game, let alone a good game.

You can digitally dowload it on XBLA. It's already been re-released.

I heard that they stopped selling it there, probably as a result of Sega delisting Sonic's less critically successful games two years ago.

• Thumbs Up 2

*Looks deep down.*Nope. Still hated the entire game including Sonics sections. And I despised Crisis city in that game. Thank god for generations CC!

Nope. I completed the game for fuck knows why and I myself don't intend to know why, but whatever it is, it's nothing about the game being good.

no_country_for_old_men_tommy_lee_jones.jpg

To be fair, I wouldn't mind if 06 as it is was re-released on Steam, but only to see whatever hacks interested fans would come up with for the game, namely those which are intended to improve the game from it's current state.

Otherwise let the game along with the rest of that dark period in the franchise's history it contributed to decompose in peace. It would be much more sensible for Sega to use their resources to create from scratch an all-new superior Sonic game, rather than trying to polish a six-year old unfinished, glitch-ridden turd very few people consider a decent game, let alone a good game.

I heard that they stopped selling it there, probably as a result of Sega delisting Sonic's less critically successful games two years ago.

See this guy got my point at least about the modding that would arise as a result of a PC release.

No. The game actually, legitimately sucks. It's a half assed piece of crap that got put out before it was done.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nope, it's all horribly broken shit, the different characters are just various grades of shit (and Sonic isn't even the least shit).
  • Thumbs Up 3

No. The game actually, legitimately sucks. It's a half assed piece of crap that got put out before it was done.

Half assed? I don't think you know much about game development. Try learning graphics programming and tell me that game was half assed. Also the fact that it was put out before it was done negates your point.

Sonic '06 was one of the biggest video game disappointments of my life. The hype was huge before release, but it ended up as one of the worst games I have ever played. Why was Sonic and everyone else walking through all the stages? Why, Sega? How could you?

Half assed? I don't think you know much about game development. Try learning graphics programming and tell me that game was half assed. Also the fact that it was put out before it was done negates your point.

I may not be a graphics programmer or whatever, but it doesn't really unwarrant the suggestion of the game being 'half-assed'.

Dont you tell me what I like. I know what I like, and 06 is somethin' I don't like.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't need to know graphics to know when a game wasn't finished. Sonic Team even ADMITTED that the game was a half assed rush job.

Edited by Waterwraith
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've gotta agree with everyone else here. Remaking '06 is like trying to make a pile of crap taste good. It's impossible.

I'm not suggesting a remake. I mean a stripped down version (Sonic only) with some tweaks. I actually like the levels as they were.

Also I admit my point about graphics programming was dumb, but still the fact that it was pushed out too early means there could have still been effort put in, Sega was just pressured.

Edited by MachSpeed

See this guy got my point at least about the modding that would arise as a result of a PC release.
People are already modding Generations, which is worlds less shit than '06; why would anyone waste time working around '06's immense flaws? There's no benefit to it.

Half assed? I don't think you know much about game development. Try learning graphics programming and tell me that game was half assed.
Compare it to any game that isn't a fucking blight to gaming and say that.

Also the fact that it was put out before it was done negates your point.
The fact that they shat it out before it was finished is just more proof of how halfassed it was.

I actually like the levels as they were.
Then you can continue playing them instead of asking them to resurrect that fucking abomination and inflict it on other people. Edited by Diogenes

That's why I've been saying to strip it down to Sonic only and fix the gameplay a bit. But since that's impossible for people to accept as a possibility I mentioned a patch might be better.

Even if it was stripped down to just Sonic and the gameplay was halfway decent, we still would have to put up with the awful inter-species romance story. Really, the closest your ever gonna get to a patch of 06 is Generations. Like I said before, let's just put this travesty behind us and move forward.

I'm not suggesting a remake. I mean a stripped down version (Sonic only) with some tweaks. I actually like the levels as they were.

So you want to cut content from the game making it even more shitty then release it?

Also I admit my point about graphics programming was dumb, but still the fact that it was pushed out too early means there could have still been effort put in, Sega was just pressured.

And we've covered you can do this already.

Even if it was stripped down to just Sonic and the gameplay was halfway decent, we still would have to put up with the awful inter-species romance story. Really, the closest your ever gonna get to a patch of 06 is Generations. Like I said before, let's just put this travesty behind us and move forward.

I said earlier to remove those parts of the story.

Yeah I agreed with you before Rainbow Ring but I would still like glitch fixes.

Edited by MachSpeed

Not gonna happen.

SEGA delisted this game in 2010. This is a game that so badly damaged the Sonic brand that SEGA started delisting bad and mediocre Sonic titles in an effort to save the brand.

Sonic 06 is a bad game. A bad game that SEGA knows is bad. After a string of okay to great Sonic games, the last thing SEGA is going to do is reopen the wounds this game left on the franchise.

• Thumbs Up 5

You know, resorting to essentially saying "Let's see you do better!" does not, an argument make.

You know, resorting to essentially saying "Let's see you do better!" does not, an argument make.

In my other post I admitted I was wrong in saying that.

ENETR OPINION: Abominal Taz

No buddy. We hate this game to a stand still. And after that stand still, it still sucks. It's not enjoyable, there are no awesome areas, the stories are stupid and rigged with plot holes ahoy, the only cloud here is the shit funk that this game left us and how we're trying hard to keep it from memory yet someone ALWAYS finds a way to bring it up defend it like it's "the best thing in the world" AGAIN!

And I hate the game really bad too. If we get a remake, SEGA will be dead to the world.

Edited by Abominal Taz