Awoo.

Sonic 2006 Re-Release?

MachSpeed

Lots of replies that means people like bashing the game.

Fixed. No, seriously, many people take any chance to bash Sonic 2006, be it

or topic about looking for scrapped content. Edited by Nik1895
  • Thumbs Up 1

Fixed. No, seriously, many people take any chance to bash Sonic 2006, be it

or topic about looking for removed content.

He was being sarcastic.

Yes, exactly.

rFjuB.png

The lack of mouth in his Sonic 1 sprite and the frown makes him look extreme. I love it.

Is it weird that I sort of do see a mouth in the Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 sprites?

Also - how about instead of a rerelease, a remake? Like, yknow, making a good game?! XD

<.<

>.>

*tumbleweed*

rFjuB.png

It looks like somebody dropped an anvil on Spinball Sonic's head! D:

Okay, as for a Sonic 2006 re-release.

No.

Not just no, but super-de-expletive-duper no. NO.

It's going to take more than some patches and character removals to fix this. Besides, removing the rest of the character's stories would actually make the entire plot even worse.

A remake? You can't... just... no. No. You can give it the best physics and handling, the best gameplay, the most polished graphics and a brilliant design, and the story itself would still be totally crap. What about re-doing the story? Then you know what?

It may as well be a different game.

The most I think that can be salvaged are some plot ideas and characters, and that's it. A ruined future world? That could still work. Usage of Silver? Perhaps. Level locales? Eh, maybe a few of them, such as Crisis City and Kingdom Valley. But really, that's about it. There is little to nothing salvageable about this game.

But if SEGA were​ to get a brain aneurysm and re-release this game, they need to re-title it to Sonic Adventure 3. :D

• Thumbs Up 2

......The fact that people still like this game makes me really depressed.

Then you really shouldn't even care now should you?...

I like the game for what it is, an unfinsihed disaster that can be fun to laugh at because you can't go 10 feet in game without a bug happening. but if it didn't end up the way it did, SEGA would still be turning out titles like 2006. so I'm glad its there just to remind Sonic Team not to go that way any longer which it has with the last 3 Sonic titles.

I'm all for a PC re-release, but anything else is probably not needed since they already exist digitally on the current marketplaces.

Try one of the worst games ever made.

Nah, I wouldn't go that far. While it is a horrible game, games like Big Rigs Over The Road Racing, Superman 64 and E.T make this game looks like a GOTY. Horrible game, yes, but not one of the worst ever.

..................why am I defending 06 again?

Honestly the line between '06 and those games is thinner than you think.

At least 06 is somewhat (Keyword: Somewhat) playable. In Big Rigs, you can easily glitch off the map by merely driving up a steep hill, with no uphill physics whatsover. At least in 06 you have nothing that game-breaking other then mabye the gems.

Just release Sonic 06 as a SteamWorks title for free or $5 and pretty much make it the Skyrim of Sonic where we fix it :V

• Thumbs Up 3

Just release Sonic 06 as a SteamWorks title for free or $5 and pretty much make it the Skyrim of Sonic where we fix it :V

One problem: who would actually want to waste their time fixing this broken game instead of, say, making Generations even better?

• Thumbs Up 1

At least 06 is somewhat (Keyword: Somewhat) playable. In Big Rigs, you can easily glitch off the map by merely driving up a steep hill, with no uphill physics whatsover. At least in 06 you have nothing that game-breaking other then mabye the gems.
Big Rigs is easily the worst out of them, but ET and Superman are as playable as '06. Hell ET might even be more playable; from what I've seen it's mostly competent, just really shittily designed and not fun.

One problem: who would actually want to waste their time fixing this broken game instead of, say, making Generations even better?

Melpontro's already made hacks on it and we've had Super form hacks for awhile now. Only one problem: They're Hacked 360 Exclusives.

I would think the problem is that it's '06, and anything you do it is just decorating a turd.

• Thumbs Up 1

Big Rigs never rang with me as a horrible game, its just a stupidly unfinished racing game :/

Edited by Soniman

......The fact that people still like this game makes me really depressed.

I had a pretty good time with the game.

Granted, it was for all the wrong reasons....

I would be happy for 06 to get a HD, Widescreen re-release along with A BRAND NEW PHYSICS ENGINE hint hint...

All the bugs must be removed. The loading times to be reduced. Even then I don't know if I would pay £10.00 for it.

Edited by MilesKnightwing

I'd expect a brand new physics engine for levels not designed for it wouldn't work out too well.

The thing is 06 needs so much work done just to make it bearable to play. It's current physics engine is just no good. The Taxman created a physics engine for Sonic CD 2011 and the game still plays virtually identical to the original.

Edited by MilesKnightwing

And they are, just because if 2006 came to PC doesn't mean Generations hacking would stop. arn't you people being alittle irrational when it comes to anything 2006?

Lots of people including Retro would like to see a PC release of this, I've seen Tech Members shown interest in seeing a PC release of this game just to test out their skills on this trainwreck. it'd be a fun challenge to see what they could do with it. seeing if they could get that unfinished super gem working would be starters...

This game would have to come pretty cheap though to show any interest.

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 1

No.

...no, really, that's it. That's all there is to it. I will never understand why so many folk insist on getting this game redone when - beautiful soundtrack aside - the game would still be tish even without all those glitches. The only character whose gameplay wasn't totally rubbish was Blaze, the storyline as a whole was crap with or without plotholes (you still have everyone except Shadow falling for Mephiles' tricks like chumps, and you still have a damsel more useless than Princess Peach, for two examples), certain characters get screwed over throughout the whole thing as a result, the "realism" clashes horribly with the more Mickey Mouse-esque Sonic posse and should never be brought back in that style ever again, the three villains are useless (Robotnik), mindless (Iblis) and addicted to complexity (Mephiles), the majority of the levels are uninspired, the majority of the bosses and enemies are uninspired, the challenges from the NPCs are incomprehensible, and it's overall just a gigantic ball of everything that a Sonic game should stand against. With the exception of the music, the only concepts I liked were Aquatic Base's appearance, Kingdom Valley's appearance, the concept of White Acropolis, Solaris' design, and Sonic Man. That's it.

Look, I understand that we might spend too much time dissing 2006. I understand that it's a broken record and that we should let go of that past stain for good. I more than anyone else here would love to do that... but when you get one or two threads a month or so about "Re-Release Sonic 2006" this and "Sonic 2006 wasn't THAT bad" that, it makes sense as to why we barely give it less of a chance than we already did to begin with. I suppose many of us would like nothing more than for the game to just go away. I should point out, I'm not actually bashing the thread itself, but rather explaining why they tehd to get trololo'd away almost instantly.

Whatever people may think of Unleashed/Colours/Generations, I would hate to have followed this path only to be redirected to something that everyone in the world made a conscious effort to forget ever happened. Well, Sonic did.

Nah, I wouldn't go that far. While it is a horrible game, games like Big Rigs Over The Road Racing, Superman 64 and E.T make this game looks like a GOTY. Horrible game, yes, but not one of the worst ever.

One piece of complete shit being bigger than another piece of complete shit doesn't stop the latter piece of complete shit from being a piece of complete shit.

It's like if you got shot by two guns, but one shot was slightly less painful than the other one. It wouldn't matter, because it would still fucking hurt.

And this is coming from someone who at least has So Bad It's Good fun with Superman 64.

Edited by Dr. Crusher
  • Thumbs Up 4

I wanna punch someone in the nuts anytime someone says games like ShTH or Sonic 06 weren't really bad games. I mean really, do we need to start buy people glasses here?

Not that I'm trying to target specifics, but there was one occasion in which I actually saw someone comment, without irony, something along the likes of "I hate the newer games! Why couldn't they go back to the good days of Shadow the Hedgehog?"

What.

Okay, opinions are opinions, I would never normally say someone is wrong by default, but... seriously?

Edited by Dr. Crusher
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not that I'm trying to target specifics, but there was one occasion in which I actually saw someone comment, without irony, something along the likes of "I hate the newer games! Why couldn't they go back to the good days of Shadow the Hedgehog?"

What.

Okay, opinions are opinions, I would never normally say someone is wrong by default, but... seriously?

I remember that Youtube comment.

Not everyone grew up in the 80s/90s era, to some kids now Gamecube is an old console and the likes of Heroes, the Adventure ports, and Shadow are their classics. sad but true.

We can't fault them for something they grew up with and liked.