Awoo.

Metroid Topic

Old dead account

Eh, as much as I dislike using the keyboard for platformers, I went through Super Metroid multiple times just fine with it.

Well then I guess you're special, I hated playing that game with a keyboard.

impressed with the speed you tackle this game with! i could never face Metroid this way, even if i tried!

Part 2 is being processed right now, anyone request a bare bones for Fusion or any somewhat sane challenges on the other games?

Part 2 is being processed right now, anyone request a bare bones for Fusion or any somewhat sane challenges on the other games?

How about a bare bones MP2 or 3? :D If that's even possible

How about a bare bones MP2 or 3? biggrin.png If that's even possible

How about a bare bones MP2 on Hard? Personally I can barely beat the Boost Guardian with a full collection of items up to that point on normal difficulty.

• Thumbs Up 1

Heres part 2! My laptop broke and I had to borrow one to finish re-recording what was on my VHS tape and there's no sound.

Note: Power Bombs did not affect the Omega Pirate's armor in the GC NTSC versions but was in the PAL version, long story short, many changes used in the PAL version are in the Trilogy

How about a bare bones MP2 on Hard? Personally I can barely beat the Boost Guardian with a full collection of items up to that point on normal difficulty.

Actually, I think that just because of the boost guardian, it's impossible to do MP2 without at least one extra energy tank, thus not barebones. My best run against him I lost 135ish energy units off the atmosphere alone. And that's with pickups from the little Ings that come in

Edited by Prince Solaris

Probably all agree with me, but Other M focused on it's parental-child theme so much it was unhealthy to the player and the characters.

Probably all agree with me, but Other M focused on it's parental-child theme so much it was unhealthy to the player and the characters.

Name a female character in Other M who doesn't have motherhood issues. Your silence is the correct answer.

Aaaaaanyway, in keeping with theme of laying off Other M for just a little while (future bashing is both guaranteed and promising), I wanna ask if anyone could imagine some brand new Power Suit upgrades for future games. I think the only genuinely new and non-game-specific-situational (like the Dark/Light Suits - or the PED Suit and Phazon powers) upgrades since Super Metroid have been the boost ball, the multi-missile and the energy lasso.

Although the Prime Trilogy did a fantastic job adapting Samus's skills and powers to 3D, I feel they missed out on an opportunity by focusing so much on recycled suit upgrades. If Other M had any new upgrades I can't remember them.

The only upgrade Other M had was some beam that I forget...but all it did was basically made the charge beam spread further. Personally I thought the Prime games (sans Prime 2 perhaps) did an amazing job of adding new abilities, certainly more than Fusion or Zero Mission.

I can't really think of anything they can add...I feel as though they've pretty much tapped out any possible abilities...but what do I know? I never would have thought of a visor to let you control your ship, or using the grapple beam for more than grappling.

I think the only genuinely new and non-game-specific-situational (like the Dark/Light Suits - or the PED Suit and Phazon powers) upgrades since Super Metroid have been the boost ball, the multi-missile and the energy lasso.
Do the Diffusion Missiles not count? I kind of liked them.

Maybe something that'd serve as a more reliable attack in morph ball form. Bombs take time to explode, and the boost ball requires a charge.

A beam that reflects off surfaces? It'd probably work best in a 2D game, with more predictable surfaces and less dimensions to worry about.

I can't really think of anything they can add..

A Portal Beam :U

Using your portal beam, you'll shoot flat surfaces to help Samus navigate through Brinstar Test Chambers while being pursued by Ridlos.

• Thumbs Up 3

A Portal Beam :UUsing your portal beam, you'll shoot flat surfaces to help Samus navigate through Brinstar Test Chambers while being pursued by Ridlos.

"IT'S A LIVING. OR AT LEAST IT WOULD BE IF YOU WOULD STOP TRYING TO SWIM IN THE DEADLY PHAZON EXTRACT. HONESTLY, NOW."

Edited by Soma
  • Thumbs Up 2

Someone made an SNES Kraid's lair remix

The Zero Mission rendition will always be one of my favorite Metroid songs. Next to

(both of them) and Ridley's Theme.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 3

I really wish Kraid was finished for Metroid Prime. He seems like he would have made an interesting boss to translate to 3D. The sad thing is also, that Kraid almost would have appeared in Prime 3, or at least something similar to him... at least until he was removed.

I'm not sure why he was removed, but maybe it's because Samus' ship took off his head?

Metroid_Prime_3_Ben_Sprout_Storyboard.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Who, Nightmare? I thought he was a cool boss... well in Fusion at least. Something about his model in Other M just looked so bland and plain. The sheer detail put into him on the GBA was great.

regarding cameo bossfights in OthM

They had Phantoon as a returning boss from Super. Seems like he was more important to the franchise than Kraid, bwhahaha.

He does make more sense, being encountered on an abandoned ship and all.

Who, Nightmare? I thought he was a cool boss... well in Fusion at least. Something about his model in Other M just looked so bland and plain. The sheer detail put into him on the GBA was great.

400px-Nightmare_Other_M.png

D'aw, ain't that a cute lil'monster? He can't harm a fl-

400px-Nightmare_screams_Other_M.png

OH FUCK.

That was pretty much my reaction to Nightmare on Other M.

His bossfight in Fusion was kind of fun, albeit I HATED when he hit me while I was hanging from the wall.