Awoo.

Metroid Topic

Old dead account

Quadraxis was indeed unique. You'd think he's the final boss or something considering how often he has a new phase. But he was slightly annoying since health would rain like its Christmas day or something like that.

Also speaking of Metroid Prime 2, I might had asked this before but I'll be willing to pick it up again if someone would tell me where to go better than the walkthrough I've read through. All I remember is trying to get an upgrade in the Ing Fortress or something and I remember beating up Dark Samus for the 2nd time. I'll start it up so I can get more details.

I can't believe I'm still stuck on this game. ;_______;

Did you get the echo visor?

Quadraxis was indeed unique. You'd think he's the final boss or something considering how often he has a new phase. But he was slightly annoying since health would rain like its Christmas day or something like that.

Also speaking of Metroid Prime 2, I might had asked this before but I'll be willing to pick it up again if someone would tell me where to go better than the walkthrough I've read through. All I remember is trying to get an upgrade in the Ing Fortress or something and I remember beating up Dark Samus for the 2nd time. I'll start it up so I can get more details.

I can't believe I'm still stuck on this game. ;_______;

No matter hwo many times I've played through Metroid Prime 2, I always get lost in the fortress area. Usually more than once.

I'm gonna go ahead and say I too like how the beams stack in Prime 3, Fusion, Zero Mission, and (sort of) Super Metroid.

I hate having to constantly switch beams in Prime 1.

Once you've got the Echo Visor you need to go back down to the bottom where the first Save Point is, and blow up the Power Bomb door nearby if you haven't already. Don't go through the gyro room, make sure you go the other way. This allows you to go into Dark Aether with some echo puzzles, and you fight the Caretaker Class Drone, which leads you to the top where you'll be on your way to get the Screw Attack.

Helios is the leader of a group of Swarmbots, if I recall correctly. It was the biggest disappointment for me in the entire game. He had such a sweet concept and design (those attacks where he makes a ring of Swarmbots around himself and like gyros the shit out of it looks so badass), but he was so easy to beat. Mogenar IMO is the hardest boss in the game, and only because you have less energy tanks to abuse Hyper Mode with. XD

Quaddy is sweet, but I think my favorite boss would have to be either this guy (or should I say girl?):
boss_metroidprime1.jpg

or this guy:

EmperorIng_final.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Why didn't Dark Samus become Metroid Prime Omega or some shit like that at the end of Corruption? That would have been a sweet nod to the original Metroid Prime other than that one husk you can scan on Phaaze.

Nah, I prefered the surprise that the final boss of the Prime Trilogy was a giant brain robot. Nice throwback to the original game. Dark Samus turning monstrous would be a bit too similar to the final fight with the SA-X in Metroid Fusion.

• Thumbs Up 1

What pissed me off about Prime 3's ending is how Phaaze basically exists with no greater purpose than to just to end the story arc.  Phaaze was as satisfying an explanation for Phazon as midi-cholorians were for The Force.  The whole trilogy builds up Phazon as this powerful substance of unknown origin capable of destroying life, giving superpowers, creating distortions in reality and even bringing back the dead as ghosts.  I wanted to know what Phazon really is, what its origin is.  So at the last minute, we discover the source is a whole planet made entirely out of the stuff, so we go and destroy it and yay! universe saved.  Phazon could have been anything- the byproduct of a Chozo experiment gone wrong, the body of a single amorphous universe-spanning lifeform, residue from an alternate universe, etc.  Those were just my theories, but ANYTHING would have been more interesting than just "shit some random-ass planet spewed everywhere.".

Nah, I prefered the surprise that the final boss of the Prime Trilogy was a giant brain robot. Nice throwback to the original game. Dark Samus turning monstrous would be a bit too similar to the final fight with the SA-X in Metroid Fusion.

Conversely, I kind of felt that the whole AU thing was kind of a cheap throwback to the old games because we "had to have something like Mother Brain somewhere", just like MB in Other M (though only in consciousness in the latter instance).

I would have preferred another form of Metroid Prime because that's what it was originally, and it's never given any weight in the sequels that it was once the titular beast of, you know, the entire trilogy.

Though the room in the Valhalla with the AU message is possibly the safest room of the lot, yet it's still fucking creepy because "Darkness Coming...." as the voice slows down and switches off.

Edited by Semi-colon e

What pissed me off about Prime 3's ending is how Phaaze basically exists with no greater purpose than to just to end the story arc.  Phaaze was as satisfying an explanation for Phazon as midi-cholorians were for The Force.  The whole trilogy builds up Phazon as this powerful substance of unknown origin capable of destroying life, giving superpowers, creating distortions in reality and even bringing back the dead as ghosts.  I wanted to know what Phazon really is, what its origin is.  So at the last minute, we discover the source is a whole planet made entirely out of the stuff, so we go and destroy it and yay! universe saved.  Phazon could have been anything- the byproduct of a Chozo experiment gone wrong, the body of a single amorphous universe-spanning lifeform, residue from an alternate universe, etc.  Those were just my theories, but ANYTHING would have been more interesting than just "shit some random-ass planet spewed everywhere.".

Really? I thought it made perfect sense. The revelation that Phazon itself is a life form and that it uses leviathans as its form of reproduction by xenophorming planets into copies of itself was cool to me. Macrocellular life forms are a nifty science fiction concept. And personally I wouldn't have liked if Phazon too was just another Chozo experiment gone wrong - they've already got Metroids and Mother Brain on their conscience, being generally benevolent precursors.

I also think it was foreshadowed as early as the first Metroid Prime. The Chozo lore texts did specifically indicate the possibility of some unknown entity in faraway space spewing out Phazon meteorites to seed other planets with the stuff.

Really? I thought it made perfect sense. The revelation that Phazon itself is a life form and that it uses leviathans as its form of reproduction by xenophorming planets into copies of itself was cool to me. Macrocellular life forms are a nifty science fiction concept. And personally I wouldn't have liked if Phazon too was just another Chozo experiment gone wrong - they've already got Metroids and Mother Brain on their conscience, being generally benevolent precursors.

I also think it was foreshadowed as early as the first Metroid Prime. The Chozo lore texts did specifically indicate the possibility of some unknown entity in faraway space spewing out Phazon meteorites to seed other planets with the stuff.

Fair point, but it still feels really anticlimactic to me.  Maybe it's not so much the background that dissatisfies me as the fact that this big "root cause" the series has built up for three games is done with in a half hour.  Tallon IV and Aether take about 10-20 hours to explore and purify, but the actual CAUSE behind it?  Forty-five minutes tops.  I'm not saying the whole game should have been on Phaaze, but the whole thing felt very last minute; if you had learned about Phaaze's existence at the beginning of Prime 3 and slowly discovered things about it like what Phazon is and why it has the properties it does, then I would feel much more satisfied going there.  As it stands, it only really meets the buildup created by Prime 3 itself through the Leviathans, but after all I went through for Prime 1 and 2, it just seems like a bleh finale.

I'll admit I would've liked a little more info about Phazon itself. Like, is it intelligent? Was Dark Samus an unexpected mutation that changed the direction of the entire Phazon life form, or was she (it) following a predetermined course all along?

Why are there Metroids on Phaaze?

So then should there be a Prime 4 to look more into that stuff?

I think there's Metroids on Phaaze because Dark Samus is Metroid Prime and it could spawn Metroid as seen in the final battle. Who's to say that DS can't do the same?

Edited by Derpy the Snowmare

I'd rather Retro work on something else, but at the same time I don't really know if I'd trust any other developer to make a worthy successor to Metroid Prime.  What I think would be cool would be a spinoff prequel about the other bounty hunters in Prime 3 and their experiences, possibly tying in more details on Phazon.  They were pretty awesome characters, but they could have been developed a lot better.

I'd rather learn just what ship that was following Samus at the end of Prime 3, I hate cliffhangers like that.

Yeah, this. It looks similar to the Delano 7 (Sylux's ship from Hunters), but it's not the same. It'd be sweet if it was Sylux, though (I love his design).

GFS Valhalla in general was a sweet area. Very creepy, indeed. Too bad it was ruined by insanely long loading times, compared to the other areas.

Valhalla was creepy, almost like BSL. I like that, we need more of those creepy lost MIA ships that are lost in a remote part of space, gives me chills every time I go there even if the level itself is boring.

One thing that's bugging me A LOT.

How the hell does THIS:

Metroid_12.jpg

Birdo's deformed bastard brother

Look like THIS?!:

Metroid_Boss_Ridley.gif

Ridley

Don't take anything from the original Metroid's materials seriously, it's a notable case of Early Instalment Weirdness. 

• 2 weeks later...
I may do a Normal Mode speedrun of Prime 2 soon, aiming to get a time of 4 and a half hours or less.

Stop taunting me about a game I cannot beat. sad.png

I swear I will beat this game eventually.

What difficulty setting are you playing on? I found Echoes impossible to complete on the hardest difficulty mode, I simply couldn't do it - this from the guy who easily polished off its predecessor and successor on their hardest difficulty settings. Well, no, Prime 3 was a pretty big-ass nightmare on its hardest mode, truth be told - its final world and bosses, so awfully linked up with no save spots or checkpoints to break things up, took hours for me to beat. The final run of that final bit, during which I did finish it, took in excess of 90 minutes. 90s minutes of frustrating treks into the last world, followed by sheer mad bosses.

I've beaten every Metroid game except for Hunters. It's not that it's too hard or anything I mean I've beaten Prime 2 on expert on the GC version too, I just cannot bring myself to finish it, too many handcramps and little interest. I've even beaten Metroid Prime Pinball before.

Most people get stuck on wither the boost guardian, Sanctuary Fortress, the key hunts, or Emperor Ing on Prime 2

Edited by Derpy the Snowmare