Awoo.

Metroid Topic

Old dead account

Aren't Arachnus and the Queen Metroid boss battles?

I said "apart from the Metroids" and the Queen Metroid is a Metroid.

I don't remember Arachnus, though. What enemy was that?

It's an enemy that needs to be killed to obtain the Spring Ball. It curls into a ball and can only be damaged by bombing it.

It's an enemy that needs to be killed to obtain the Spring Ball. It curls into a ball and can only be damaged by bombing it.

Weird. I don't remember that at all.

Oh yeah Arachnus. Took forever to figure out how to kill the damn thing. Who'd have thought morphball bombs when all previous bossed required missiles an there is no clear indicator as to whether you're damaging it or not

So that's Arachnus. And you know what's funny? The reason I don't remember this boss is because I never fought it. I got through the whole game without the spring ball. I didn't even think it was supposed to be in the game, since I managed to get everywhere I wanted with bomb jumps until I got the Spider Ball.

Odd that they only made 1 single boss that wasn't a Metroid.

Metroid II, other than the NES Metroid, is definitely the weakest of the series for me. Nostalgia aside, it really is fairly unmemorable and pretty damn tedious. But hey, at least it had the Tunnel music and a pretty creepy atmosphere. The Metroid evolutions were pretty neat as well.

Yes, I know of SR-388 (is that still the title?), but it's not official and despite the lackluster nature of the original I know a remake could make it every bit as good as its forebear and successors.

It's actually called am2r (another metroid 2 remake)

And yeah, an official game would be nice.

The main problem I have with the first 2 games is the lack of a map.

Plus, there's always a non-zero chance that Nintendo will call a cease-and-decist on the fan remake when it's only weeks away from release.

That sort of thing has happened before.

If they call a cease and decist they damn well better have an official remake on the way, but I doubt it.

I miss the Metroid Mania years that started since 2002. We pretty much had constant Metroid action every 2 or so years and sometimes it was more than one game, yet they were still amazing quality I mean just look at how its been for the series

1987: Metroid

1988: -

1989: -

1990: -

1991: Metroid II Return of Samus

1992: -

1993: -

1994: Super Metroid

1995: -

1996: -

1997: -

1998: -

1999: Super Smash Bros (If you wanna count it)

2000: -

2001: Melee

2002: Metroid Fusion, Metroid Prime

2003: -

2004: Metroid Prime 2, Metroid Zero Mission and the DS tech demo

2005: Metroid Prime Pinball

2006: Metroid Prime Hunters

2007: Metroid Prime 3

2008: Brawl

2009: Metroid Prime Trilogy

2010: Metroid Other M

2011: -

2012: -

2013: - (?)

I'm thinking we won't see another game until at least 2014. Although, I'm worried that Nintendo will put this series on another 8 year break because of other M's rather poor fan reception and sales...

Even though I probably won't be playing am2r, it'd be very dissapointing for Nintendo to pull a Crimson Echoes and can it when it's near completion.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

Since Sega supported the remake of Sonic CD, and Capcom supported the Mega Man vs Street Fighter fan project, I hope there's building som precedence for big companies to applaud fanworks instead of shooting them down.

Since Sega supported the remake of Sonic CD, and Capcom supported the Mega Man vs Street Fighter fan project, I hope there's building som precedence for big companies to applaud fanworks instead of shooting them down.

Let's also not forget Valve's approval of the Black Mesa project. But yes, you're right, fan projects of noteworthy high quality have a history of not being shot down by the companies in possession of the game rights. However, Nintendo isn't one of them, yet. Let's hope that they soon will be.

If they call a cease and decist they damn well better have an official remake on the way, but I doubt it.

I miss the Metroid Mania years that started since 2002. We pretty much had constant Metroid action every 2 or so years and sometimes it was more than one game, yet they were still amazing quality I mean just look at how its been for the series

1987: Metroid

1988: -

1989: -

1990: -

1991: Metroid II Return of Samus

1992: -

1993: -

1994: Super Metroid

1995: -

1996: -

1997: -

1998: -

1999: Super Smash Bros (If you wanna count it)

2000: -

2001: Melee

2002: Metroid Fusion, Metroid Prime

2003: -

2004: Metroid Prime 2, Metroid Zero Mission and the DS tech demo

2005: Metroid Prime Pinball

2006: Metroid Prime Hunters

2007: Metroid Prime 3

2008: Brawl

2009: Metroid Prime Trilogy

2010: Metroid Other M

2011: -

2012: -

2013: - (?)

I'm thinking we won't see another game until at least 2014. Although, I'm worried that Nintendo will put this series on another 8 year break because of other M's rather poor fan reception and sales...

I swear, I REALLY hope Retro Studios' new game is Metroid Prime 4

I know that this is pure fantasy, but I would love to see Nintendo come away from THQ's slow descent into the Hades of videogaming with Vigil, the studio behind Darksiders. They could polish off that trilogy, then move on to maybe working on a 3D third-person Metroid game, or Zelda, or a whole new IP in a similar vein. But most especially Metroid. I have a feeling that, with maybe a bit of guidance, they could do it justice just as well as Retro, realizing Retro's original third person vision for Prime.

I was just messing around in Fusion and found that expansions are the only contributors to your %, 1 mandatory missile thus you can end with 99 energy, 15 (12 in JP version's exclusive Hard Mode) and 10 Power Bombs.

Is it just me or is Prime 1 the easiest of the trilogy?
Is it just me or is Prime 1 the easiest of the trilogy?
Nah, 3 was way easier IMO.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Ah, having done a bare bones run in Trilogy's Easy for Prime 1, I say that. I really liked Fusion as a kid, but looking back, the Omega Metroid seemed kinda sudden.

I really liked Fusion as a kid, but looking back, the Omega Metroid seemed kinda sudden.

It pretty much seemed like an attempt to recapture the greatness of Super Metroid's ending.  Needless to say, it did not.

It pretty much seemed like an attempt to recapture the greatness of Super Metroid's ending.  Needless to say, it did not.

Yeah I always felt that part was just a cheap throwback to Super Metroid too.

Since I beat Prime 3 on Hyper today, got some tips for Phazze: You can vent Phazon energy into the Phaze-Ing to heal yourself and Hopper Metroids die from 2 hyper missiles if aimed straight at them. Also, uncharged beam is stronger than a piece of a charged shot during the final bosses so be trigger happy!