Awoo.

Metroid Topic

Old dead account

I'm really gonna regret this later...

It's not the full body suit that is the problem, it's how it's being used. 

No matter what you do with a female character in Samus' age range, aside from dressing her up in a turtleneck sweater all the time, some perv is gonna oogle over it. But her being attractive isn't the problem here. 

So what is the problem exactly?

Also, Fusion is good for its linearity honestly,  I never had too much of a problem with it.

Honestly, I think the whole ordeal is only as bad as you make it out to be, yeah there are a good deal of examples as to how samus is being sexualized these days but its really all on the person viewing it that either takes it as offensive or not (and if you just pay attention to that sort of thing).

Hmm, the screenshots do make Samus look sexy and suggestive in her poses but I'm pretty sure Brawl did the same thing. Pause the game at anytime and yeah. Seriously, when you're actually playing the game you'll hardly notice a thing.

And Fusion isn't a good game to start with. If you're new to MEtroid, that game will hand your own ass to you on a silver platter.

I had no problems playing Fusion! May have died a couple of times (especially during boss battles!) but it wasn't that hard. I thought Super Metroid was much more difficult actually. =O

This outfit did a decent job of being efficent in what it needs to do, and its sleeveless and shoeless

http://i.imgur.com/KefnpWMl.jpg

KefnpWMl.jpg

Then again, who is dumb enough to argue with a 6'3" 200 Lb bounty hunter who could take you out faster than you could blink

Didn't know about this one actually, maybe just cover the feet up with some shoes or just make it her suit and I could see it working well as an alternate costume.

The problem is she's being saddled with these useless and extraneous features that would only be given to her because she is a woman. She only has that stupid high heel design because she is a woman, and she needs those boots because there's no reason why a woman can't have a buff without some sort of machine behind it when she could do great acrobatics fine in Zero Mission. Hell, I'm even gonna give credit to other M for displaying Samus' great skill in escaping the ship without her power armor, even with those stupid heels. As someone stated before, it's Samus who makes the machines effective, not the other way around.

The fanservice is bad enough. But it's been a complaint for many years.

252119-ending_fusion_e4.jpgmfu-36.png

Ugh, Look at how much better Samus used to be. Look at how far she's fallen.

Disgraceful.

• Thumbs Up 3

The problem is she's being saddled with these useless and extraneous features that would only be given to her because she is a woman. She only has that stupid high heel design because she is a woman, and she needs those boots because there's no reason why a woman can't have a buff without some sort of machine behind it when she could do great acrobatics fine in Zero Mission. Hell, I'm even gonna give credit to other M for displaying Samus' great skill in escaping the ship without her power armor, even with those stupid heels. As someone stated before, it's Samus who makes the suit, not the other way around.

The fanservice is bad enough.

But whats wrong with wearing heals as a woman though and not only that heals that aren't even curved or anything in anyway to imply trying to be sexy, its just an add on that she uses to give her more maneuverability and pretty cool looking ones at that. 

Plus I have to ask whats so bad about the heels in other M? Its a part of her feet that are barely even noticeable.

Disgraceful.

Honestly I do consider that better than rocket heels.

No one's asking for Samus to become a nun, y'know.

• Thumbs Up 5

The problem is she's being saddled with these useless and extraneous features that would only be given to her because she is a woman. She only has that stupid high heel design because she is a woman, and she needs those boots because there's no reason why a woman can't have a buff without some sort of machine behind it when she could do great acrobatics fine in Zero Mission. Hell, I'm even gonna give credit to other M for displaying Samus' great skill in escaping the ship without her power armor, even with those stupid heels. As someone stated before, it's Samus who makes the machines effective, not the other way around.

The fanservice is bad enough. But it's been a complaint for many years.

So basically, you're trying to say its bad simply because they look like heels and that you just simply don't like it.

.....Ya know, I'm trying really hard not to sound like a dick......but I'm less inclined to agree there's an actual problem, and more people blowing shit out of proportion because apparently a woman having any type of femininity is automatically sexist? 

Wearing high heels into battle is not a reasonable expression of femininity, especially when it's not consistent with what's been established for the character.

• Thumbs Up 5

So basically, you're trying to say its bad simply because they look like heels and that you just simply don't like it.

.....Ya know, I'm trying really hard not to sound like a dick......but I'm less inclined to agree there's an actual problem, and more people blowing shit out of proportion because apparently a woman having any type of femininity is automatically sexist? 

Are heels appropriate for fighting? No they're stupid design and they are actual health risks to women. And it's not like they're something you would stick on males too, it'd be stupid and ineffective, but because Samus is a woman, a stupid design is acceptable.

Disgraceful.

.... Sorry to sound like a jerk, but you seem to still be on the subject that Samus' sexiness is a problem to us. I don't like the fanservice, but the fanservice isn't the issue.

You consider a half naked woman in poses saying "look at how sexy I am" less sexist than a fully dressed woman in a pose that says "I'm going to kick your ass"?

I'm not going to defend the shoes, because I think they look fucking stupid and impractical, but I think it's really shitty to write the design off as sexist because they're high-heels. Samus has come a long way in terms of design.

• Thumbs Up 2

Are heels appropriate for fighting? No they're stupid design and they are actual health risks to women. And it's not like they're something you would stick on males too, it'd be stupid and ineffective, but because Samus is a woman, a stupid design is acceptable.

Why are you addressing health issues about women in a fictional fighting game? When has that ever mattered?

You consider a half naked woman in poses saying "look at how sexy I am" less sexist than a fully dressed woman in a pose that says "I'm going to kick your ass"?

I'm not going to defend the shoes, because I think they look fucking stupid and impractical, but I think it's really shitty to write the design off as sexist because they're high-heels. Samus has come a long way in terms of design.

The fan service isn't the issue man. I don't want to keep repeating this.

Edit: Sorry about the temper loss. Inexcusable.

I wasn't aware that the whole debate revolves around you. I guess all those comments I keep seeing about her boobs and ass outside this site as well as on were just the wind.

My mistake!

But they're jet propelled heels made to increase her kick strength. Not to mention its not like other characters haven't had something that looked unreasonable for fights and stuff like that (heck im pretty sure peach is still wearing heels under her dress).

Peach is your stereotypical girly girl and has always been portrayed as such. She is outlandishly cartoony and is not taken seriously as a character (except in the RPGs) Samus has not been portrayed as such. She has always at least presented herself as sensible when fighting and is semi realistic in her portrayal. 

Honestly, it's like comparing Mario to not toon Link. Why is Mario not wearing chain link armor like Link is? Because he's an outlandish cartoon plumber who is not taken seriously on the same ground as that Link.

Now if you brought up Zelda, then that is a point I have a harder time dealing with. Really, all I can say is Zelda is portrayed as a mage, and they are dainty characters who wear robes to combat with the intention of letting their magic to the work for them. And even then her portrayal has usually been that magical woman archetype and fits her.

I wasn't aware that the whole debate revolves around you. I guess all those comments I keep seeing about her boobs and ass outside this site as well as on were just the wind.

My mistake!

I'm sorry for the temper loss. Still you are currently participating in a conversation that only is actively involving me and Diogenes against you at the moment, it's natural I think you're at least talking to one of us. Not everyone uses quotes. No excuse for losing my temper like that though. Sorry.

Peach is your stereotypical girly 

Dude if we're going to have some fairness in this argument you have to at least acknowledge that with something more than "she's a stereotype".

PEach isn't a fighter and never has been. Even in Super Princess Peach.

Samus is a fighter, and not just a run of the mill one either. This is a woman who jumps up a single wall while flipping, jumps from ridiculous heights, and runs at super sonic speeds with the Speed Booster. Wearing high heels for the shit she pulls off would never work. Being a fictional character doesn't change that.

It's impractical.

• Thumbs Up 1

PEach isn't a fighter and never has been. Even in Super Princess Peach.

Samus is a fighter, and not just a run of the mill one either. This is a woman who jumps up a single wall while flipping, jumps from ridiculous heights, and runs at super sonic speeds with the Speed Booster. Wearing high heels for the shit she pulls off would never work. Being a fictional character doesn't change that.

It's impractical.

It still doesn't rule out the fact that peach is also wearing heels in a fighting game where she fights like everyone else too like samus or anyone else. 

Heels are impractical, absolutely. But uh, from what I see, it just shows that she's skilled enough to kick ass while wearing high heels. That's not really sexist I guess, just a trait to make her look more asskicking.

i mean raiden has heels and no one complained or did they

• Thumbs Up 1

Why such a focus on how much skin is shown? It's not like having some exposed skin is somehow significantly more lewd than a skintight suit. The zero suit really isn't hiding anything that's not visible when she's in her casual wear.

And, I mean, is it fanservice? Yes, no doubt. And that's not a great thing. But at least they're not trying to pass it off as what she wears into battle.

• Thumbs Up 2

The difference between Raiden and Samus is that people actually like Samus.

Solkia me and you are going to have a fight and I swear that one of will have blood be spilled and it won't be me laugh.png (and lose an arm and an eye).

• Thumbs Up 1

The difference between Raiden and Samus is that people actually like Samus.

ever since the baww heels argument worldwide showed up thats kind of up to debate 

ehem