Awoo.

Metroid Topic

Old dead account

I might get murdered for this, but I honestly think that this:

1411527-sammy2_super.jpg

Would make a better design for Smash Bros. I just think it fits Samus better in almost every way.

Make her hair long like nearly every other incarnation of her and yeah I'd go for this.

Also, I just had a thought. Why can't the jet boots look like this? blue up these boots and meld them slightly to Samus' Zero Suit, add some tech to the bottom for the jets and you get something that at least looks sensible for Samus' character.

Sakamoto's mindset when working on other M was not making things cool. He wanted and I quote, 

His whole thought process was based around Samus as a woman instead of just a character. And Smash's ZSS is just an attempt to justify the existence of those bloody things while giving her a buff.

Wait, he really fucking said that?

God, someone fire this fucking clown.

I might get murdered for this, but I honestly think that this:

1411527-sammy2_super.jpg

Would make a better design for Smash Bros. I just think it fits Samus better in almost every way.

Other M sucks, but I have to admit I really dig this design. I like the hair better, too.

I'm OK with the high heels. I can't say I'd care if they were gone, though. People keep arguing they're impractical, but if you ask me the argument weakens when you realize that she's a fictional character who obviously doesn't haven any problems wearing them.

That said, I'd love a GF costume for her in Smash 4. I like it.

Wait, he really fucking said that?

God, someone fire this fucking clown.

I'd rather they not. Sakamoto makes great games.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm OK with the high heels. I can't say I'd care if they were gone, though. People keep arguing they're impractical, but if you ask me the argument weakens when you realize that she's a fictional character who obviously doesn't haven any problems wearing them.

That said, I'd love a GF costume for her in Smash 4. I like it.

She only has worn them once in a game that strayed the furthest from any character depiction of her before. For all we know the next games may never have her wearing heels again.

On another note; I don't want him to be fired. I just never want him to touch Metroid again. I'm looking forward to Tomodachi Life for certain.

Fine. Just never cast him as a writer for Metroid again.

Also, I just had a thought. Why can't the jet boots look like this? blue up these boots and meld them slightly to Samus' Zero Suit, add some tech to the bottom for the jets and you get something that at least looks sensible for Samus' character.

tumblr_n4ho4cYXVu1sgbu3ro1_400.png

I would love robot legs ZSS

Fine. Just never cast him as a writer for Metroid again.

tumblr_n4ho4cYXVu1sgbu3ro1_400.png

I would love robot legs ZSS

I really can't tell if you're joking or seriously though that's what I meant. So I'm just not going to rebut that. unsure.png

100% serious. If we're giving her jet boots, they need to be actual boots rather than strap-on heels.

And I'm biased for Mega Man X legs so I'd accept nothing less than that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Or something like in Megaman X

exactly what Solkia said

Megaman3MHX.jpg

Solid and has jet propulsion. Just add some pink-purple detailing or something and it'll fit just fine.

Also, on a Metroid related question, I'd really like to play the Prime games, but the Prime Trilogy is a pretty high entry fee for me. Since they're cheap, should I go for each game individually, meaning the GameCube versions? Are the GC versions considered to be worse than the Wii remakes? I definitely want to play them, but I don't want to have a bad experience with it.

And yeah, I'm really not in-the-know about first-person games. I don't know if this is an obvious question or not. I'm just really curious to try the 3D Metroid games (that aren't Other M, which I didn't like). Also, was Hunters any good?

Also, on a Metroid related question, I'd really like to play the Prime games, but the Prime Trilogy is a pretty high entry fee for me. Since they're cheap, should I go for each game individually, meaning the GameCube versions? Are the GC versions considered to be worse than the Wii remakes? I definitely want to play them, but I don't want to have a bad experience with it.

And yeah, I'm really not in-the-know about first-person games. I don't know if this is an obvious question or not. I'm just really curious to try the 3D Metroid games (that aren't Other M, which I didn't like). Also, was Hunters any good?

The Gamecube versions aren't bad, persay, it's just that the Wii remakes have Prime 3's controls, which feel so good that it makes the Gamecube controls feel awkward in comparison.  At least, in my opinion.  The actual content is the same though, so you're not losing anything by playing the Gamecube originals, though I would still recommend the Wii versions.

Hunters was pretty meh.  It was focused on being a multiplayer shooter, which ended up making it suck in terms of the core Metroid mechanics.  Lots of battles, weak exploration aspects.

• Thumbs Up 1

Except Other M also sorta failed in the gameplay department because of him. It was his "bright idea" to limit the controls to just the wiimote and not the nunchuck as well like Team Ninja sensibly wanted, and that's not also considering the botched execution of the whole 'authorization' thing and the game's overall linearity.

The GC versions aren't worse, but they have a much higher bar for entry in terms of controls.  They're not bad or unresponsive or anything, just really unconventional.  Prime was my first FPS so it didn't really matter to me. If you don't play many first person shooters, it shouldn't be much to adjust to.

And you wouldn't be missing much by skipping Hunters.

Except Other M also sorta failed in the gameplay department because of him. It was his "bright idea" to limit the controls to just the wiimote and not the nunchuck as well like Team Ninja sensibly wanted, and that's not also considering the botched execution of the whole 'authorization' thing and the game's overall linearity.

And he also made Rhythm Heaven, WarioWare and Metroid Zero Mission, so I'd say it about evens out.

And he also made Rhythm Heaven, WarioWare and Metroid Zero Mission, so I'd say it about evens out.

I don't trust him with Metroid anymore for sure, but everything else is fine. He really has a mind for unique game experiences when they are new ideas, but he botched Metroid with his vision and I don't want that same mindset applied to the next Metroid game. If he said he was going to take the next Metroid in a different direction than what he had in mind with Other M, completely abandoning the, "portraying a woman's world" angle, then he can do it again. But we may never know that because he doesn't have any intentions to work on Metroid again.

He did that because he wanted it to be a 2D game, but Team Ninja wanted it to be 3D, from what I recall. The Wii Remote only was a remnant of that.

As for the authorization stuff, it's not really different than recollecting the items in other game, it just has a slightly stupider reason than usual.

I thought Other M was pretty fun, though. I far prefer the Prime games, but there's something nice about a faster, more agile Samus. If we ever get a new Prime-esque game, I hope they give us a run button and let Samus hang onto ledges. Also, a decent map for once.

And Indigo, I'd skip Hunters. I'd have to say it's the worst Metroid game out there.

The GC versions aren't worse, but they have a much higher bar for entry in terms of controls.  They're not bad or unresponsive or anything, just really unconventional.  Prime was my first FPS so it didn't really matter to me. If you don't play many first person shooters, it shouldn't be much to adjust to.

And you wouldn't be missing much by skipping Hunters.

For Metroid he also did the original, Super and Fusion.

Honestly he messed up once and has a generally strong résumé. I don't think he deserves to be damned for Other M, no matter how exaggerated the hate for it is.

• Thumbs Up 3

He did that because he wanted it to be a 2D game, but Team Ninja wanted it to be 3D, from what I recall. The Wii Remote only was a remnant of that.

As for the authorization stuff, it's not really different than recollecting the items in other, it just has a slightly stupider reason than usual.

I thought Other M was pretty fun, though. I far prefer the Prime games, but there's something nice about a faster, more agile Samus. If we ever get a new Prime-like, I hope they give us a run button and let Samus hang onto ledges. Also, a decent map for once.

It really doesn't make it less of a stupid control scheme.

It's a stupid reason that just breaks story immersion because it makes little to no logical sense, especially when it potentially kills Samus at one point. While the losing her items is arbitrary story reasons, it's not so asinine that it takes you out of the story.

I think it was fun too, it had potential even with it's flawed design. And I feel with a stronger control scheme and less of a linear focus it would be better. 

I was just comparing photos of Other M Samus' powersuit and Zero Suit and the stupid thing is, even the designers new heels were a bad move. When in her Zero suit she has these ridiculous wedge heels, but when she transforms into her Powersuit...they dissapear! seriously, the Powersuit has NO heels, nor does it have room for heels in the space available for Samus' feet. The heels are unnecessary and stupid, there are other ways to "feminise" Samus, a character that didnt really need it anyway, if they wanted to make her more womanly they could have done it in any one of the flashbacks and made it one where she isnt on duty or performing a mission. thats her personality that we know about. When she is on a mission she is straight to the point, serious and stoic. her casual personality? we have no idea, they could have done something there without totally ruining her character.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later...

Speaking of Other M, I know the complaints regarding the story have been done to death, but this is the most damning complaint, rather series of complaints, I have ever seen. 

On a different subject regarding Other M, I have been curious for a long time about one cutscene. After defeating the brug mass ( I believe its called.), Adam tells Samus not to fire unless he says so. He says this while on the same floor as everyone else. Then Samus monologues further.

After the monologue, Adam is in the upper control room. My question is, just what happened during that monologue? Did Adam tell Samus and the others, "You all stay here while I go alone in the upper control room so I can look really cool while briefing." ?

It's illogical and nonsensical, even for this game.

Edited by DarkDefeater

• 10 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly!

What a wait this has been. I actually beat it already. I got destroyed by the Omega (but not as badly as the group it mauled before fighting me).

Anyone that liked Zero Mission's wonderfully fluid gameplay will adore this. Play it now now now now!

As for the final boss...I had 2 reactions.

"oh..............."

followed by 

"OH NO NO NO NO!"