Awoo.

Metroid Topic

Old dead account

I played the first time through Prime 3 without knowing that Hypermode makes you invincible... it's fucking hard

Hyped if true.

If this is true, this could be the game that will wash away the stink of Other M for good.

Edited by Soniman

Metroid Prime 4 makes sense. The Prime trilogy was very well-received and Other M was a bit of a disaster, so it figures that Nintendo would want to rebuild confidence by putting the series back in perceived "safe hands," especially since they'd already put a sequel hook in Prime 3, I think. Wait, on 3DS as well? Please be 2(.5)D. Plus, you know, please actually exist.

Please be 2(.5)D. Plus, you know, please actually exist.

Uhm if a Metroid Prime 4 does come to Wii U and 3DS, why on Earth would it be 2(.5)D?

I personally think to make a Prime 4 would be stupid, I hear people going on about other series that produce tonnes of sequels, and making a Prime 4 would be no different than 343 making a Halo 4, both trilogies with great endings that don't need sequels, now that doesn't mean I'm not open to a new Prime game, but why can't it be a spin-off, much like Hunters, but not like Hunters. By that I mean be like hunters with the subtitle suggesting it's a spin-off (e.g. Metroid Prime: Retribtuion, Metroid Prime: Prejudice, Metroid Prime Ultimate Saga) but gameplay wise (since the 3DS is vastly superior to the DS) make it like the Gamecube games, since I'm more than positive the 3DS could manage Gamecube Quality games.

Obviously then it doesn't ask for a trilogy but can bring the fans back with a superior redeeming game.

If Metroid Prime Hunters showed us anything, it's that Prime's first-person gameplay doesn't translate well to a handheld console. Still a good game, but seriously my hands hurt trying to play it and I could never manage the same level of precision I could with a controller in hand.

A 2.5D game with a Super Metroid/Zero Mission gameplay structure would make a lot of sense, and be very, VERY welcome, provided they don't make the Fusion mistake of eliminating backtracking until the very end. Yes, I realise Fusion needed to have scenery change in the past areas while you weren't there to show the continuing escalation of the disaster, but you can do that with full backtracking provided you put your trigger point after you've crossed an obstacle that you can't get back past until you've gotten your next power-up. You don't need to actually lock off entire sub-maps until it's mandatory to return there. Using one-way passages that become two-way passages when you've gotten more upgrades to temporarily deny backtracking to limited areas is fine and dandy. Zero Mission did that a lot.

But making it 2D would eliminate the whole point of it being a Prime game! And I felt it translated well, though I never ever used the Touch Screen aim option, just the buttons.

Besides we've had a tonnes of FPS out on the DS, so I think if a 3DS Prime was made (like the rumour suggests) then Retro could look and study other FPS DS games in an attempt to perfect the comfort and controls of MP:H

But then again, why can't we have the best of both worlds? A new 2(.5)D Metroid game along with a new 3D Metroid game.

Also a small note: Metroid Prime Hunters is a lot better to play on the 3DS due to the analog stick :D

But making it 2D would eliminate the whole point of it being a Prime game! And I felt it translated well, though I never ever used the Touch Screen aim option, just the buttons.

Besides we've had a tonnes of FPS out on the DS, so I think if a 3DS Prime was made (like the rumour suggests) then Retro could look and study other FPS DS games in an attempt to perfect the comfort and controls of MP:H

But then again, why can't we have the best of both worlds? A new 2(.5)D Metroid game along with a new 3D Metroid game.

Also a small note: Metroid Prime Hunters is a lot better to play on the 3DS due to the analog stick biggrin.png

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood you.

Yeah, I would be fine letting Retro Studios make a Prime 4 (or something similar with a different name since Prime/Dark Samus is dead...er dead-er than Ridley), and then having whatever Nintendo studio made Zero Mission do a 2.5D style Metroid. Zero Mission is the closest thing we've ever had to a sequel to Super Metroid, and I definitely think it's a direction worth pursuing.

The gameplay and non-linearity of Zero Mission with the atmosphere and fun boss fights of Fusion (or even something with more strategy, the 2D titles and Other M generally lack particularly puzzle-esque or strategic bosses that the Prime games have) would be pretty awesome in my eyes. Oh and new upgrades as well, they really need to mix it up and not rely on Metroid 2 and Super's upgrades all the time.

Maybe it's a 2.5D game in the same vein of the originals? I mean another Prime game seems unnecessary, so how about a succesor I mean I like a 3D game too, but I kinda want to see what a 2D one looks like. If this turns out to be true, then I am definitely getting a Wii U.

Try using hypermode as little as possible. The game is actually pretty fucking hard that way.

I know it's a self imposed challenge mainly, but if you have a broken weapon, why not use it? Shouldn't the game be challenging without the need of limiting yourself?

Edited by Ragna the Bloodedge

I actually hardly ever used the Hyper mode. It made the game boring.

Why purposely make yourself bored?

Also, on the Prime 4 thing, wasn't Samus being followed by someone in the 100% ending of Prime 3?

God I hope they're seriously making Prime 4. The Prime series is, bar-none, one of the best video game trilogies out there. I'd gladly get rid of that trilogy status if it meant getting another amazing game.

EDIT: Also, yeah, they totally baited the hook for a sequel at the end of Prime 3. I wouldn't mind a game with Prime's gameplay and story mechanics to NOT be called Prime, considering Prime is the story of Phazon and Dark Samus.

Edited by Kind-Hearted Jerk

Also, if they do make one, it better support Wii controls. Prime 1 and 2 are damn near unplayble for me based on how the controls are set up.

EDIT: Also, yeah, they totally baited the hook for a sequel at the end of Prime 3. I wouldn't mind a game with Prime's gameplay and story mechanics to NOT be called Prime, considering Prime is the story of Phazon and Dark Samus.

Though keep in mind, Metroid Prime: Hunters has neither Metroids nor Dark Samus/Metroid Prime, the Prime title was kept there as it is a 3D game in vein of the Trilogy.

Though, if my memory serves me right, this was between Metroid Prime 1 and 2, so while Samus was fighting a bunch of near-carbon copies, Dark Samus was meddling away somewhere else.

BUT I still really hope this rumour is true, for it to be out on both 3DS and Wii U is great as I have a 3DS and have literally below 0% interest in getting a Wii U. Heck, I've never even played Other M as I haven't bothered with the actual Wii in my house.

I also wish the 3DS Virtual Console got SNES games so I could actually play Super Metroid!

Also, on the Prime 4 thing, wasn't Samus being followed by someone in the 100% ending of Prime 3?

If Team Ninja made it, it'd probably be about a serial rapist chasing her around and her bawling about it the entire damn time.

Edited by Solid Winston
  • Thumbs Up 3

I think you guys are referring to Sakamoto. Remember, he's the one who did just about everything wrong with Other M.

I'm not going to get my hopes up, as every other month there is some rumor about what Retro is working on...Star Fox...Metroid...Star Fox X Metroid...Having said that, I would LOVE for them to get Metroid back. 2D, 3D, FPS, TPS, I don't care...they know what they are doing, and though I don't want them to have complete control, maybe give them more of a say than they had back in the Prime Trilogy days when Sakamoto told them "Yeah so she's a Bounty Hunter...but she doesn't Bounty Hunt, that's mean." If it is a First-Person Prime styled game, then hopefully it takes place after Fusion so we get a different arm cannon to stare at for 15 fucking hours...Prime Trilogy is amazing, Prime 1 being my favorite game of any series ever, so I hope its true...