Awoo.

The War Z, "At SSMB, having a nice cold pint, waiting for all this to blow over"

Badnik Mechanic

The War Z fail train continues it's course into oblivion.

I... I just...

Right, you all more or less know everything thats happened so far right? Well... the cherry on the cake has been found.

The War Z's trademark was suspended on November 15th 2012

Meaning the game has to be renamed and was actually sold on Steam despite being in this state.

Furthermore, the patent suggests that the game has only been in production for 6 months!

Not only does this mean Mr Big Rigs is likely to need a very good lawyer, it also raises serious questions at Valve. How on earth can a game which was not going through Greenlight get onto the service for download with the misleading description, in the state that it was in and when it didn't have a trademark? This is crazy.

Well SSMB... any suggestions for The War Z's new name?

Sources: Patent/Trademark office.

The War Z Scam website.

Horseshit Z?

Jesus fucking Christ, are people seriously defending this game?

• Thumbs Up 3

Horseshit Z?

Jesus fucking Christ, are people seriously defending this game?

Unfortunately, all what one needs to access the internet is a registration form as apposed to an IQ test.

Been reading a few more details. Part of the reason seems to be that the name is too similar to World War Z (the book which is being made/released as a movie in a few months). Given the content of both the game and that movie which are not alike, it makes sense.

But the fact they recieved this notice back in November and havn't done anything about it. It just blows my mind at how much of a catastrophy this game has been.

Alternative name suggestion: PlagoriZe

Well SSMB... any suggestions for The War Z's new name?

The War Shit

Has any other game achieved this grade of controversy? I mean sweet god this game is a mess, both in gameplay and in development-terms.

Speaking of patents, I can't find the patent for Big Rigs

...Did they not patent it?

EDIT: Or trademark, whatever, I used the same search engine that was used to find this.

Edited by Underaged Hot Anime Girl

Speaking of patents, I can't find the patent for Big Rigs

...Did they not patent it?

Who would want to have a patent for that anyway.tongue.png

About the new developments, I'm not surprised. This game is an out of control train and It's already to late for the developers to do anything about it. Just let it die ant start working on something of any value, I mean it's not difficult to make a better game than this.

But yeah I'm seeing someone getting fired in the near future.

The good thing about this is that probably steam will improve their services, in order to bring us products of decent quality, and not shit like this.

Oh and a name: The fail Z

Edited by redhellc

For the record, trademarks =/= patents. They are very, very different beasts. This has nothing to do with patents.

The War Shit

Has any other game achieved this grade of controversy? I mean sweet god this game is a mess, both in gameplay and in development-terms.

Due to the internet being what it is, had this been the 90's or even early 2000's, this probably wouldn't ever have grown to the size what it was. Though they probably wouldn't have been able to release the game but what I'm trying to get at would be....

In terms of stuff that this is equal to. I can't think of anything. Maybe the Modern Warfare 2 airport stage, only that wasn't a gamer reaction as much as it was the wider media. Maybe it's similar to the PSN hacking, but whilst it was a shocking thing, that wasn't the result of the company behind it as much as it was a criminal group.

THQ is a possible thing if when it goes under depending how messy the collapse is.

As for stuff pre-modern internet.

Had we the same level of mass communication back then that we do today... the following may have triggered a similar responce.

The police raid at Sega back in the 90's over price fixing the Dreamcast and a few other dodgy dealings.

Final Fantasy 7 being a PSX exclusive (don't forget this series had been a firm Nintendo series for the best part of 10 years +.

But otherwise, I struggle to thing of anything thats hit this level of 'mess' that this game/company is in.

Edit: Had more people cared/this been publicised more... Call of Jurez racism claims might have had a similar responce.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

The most shocking thing about the latest revelation is that people are still actually playing this game.

However, it would appear that the WarZ... Sorry... PlayWarZ (which is their new trademark as they had their old one taken away) is still continuing to do devious things.

It turns out that if you appeal a ban, it will be rejected, you will get the 'we have evidence you are a cheater' just one problem... They're doing it to people/accounts who don't actually have The War Z.

It turns out that one user had his account banned, when he made an appeal ticket he used the wrong email. Curiously, they still banned him. So someone else made an appeal ticket using a fake account name and a fake email... They were also told that they were banned and there was no chance for appeal as they had evidence to say they had hacked/cheated the system!

tu6vI.jpg

Here is the thread which has been locked by one of the moderators claiming that no such tickets/emails were sent. However several other users have also tried this out and discovered that their 'fake' emails/accounts were also banned for hacking... EVEN THOUGH THEY DON'T OWN THE GAME!

So if you get banned on The War Z, the appeals process is a sham, they don't even look into if you actually own the game let alone if you ban is justified!

The original thread is here if you fancy a read, though it's now locked. However a few sites are now picking this story up. Mainly because they claim that 'we have evidence' yet they can't as the accounts don't exist!

P.S. Someone asked me what the deal was with the topic title.... Answer: 

• Thumbs Up 2

And the hits keep coming. Been watching this myself for awhile now and the BS just keeps piling up. So it's no wonder people that have gotten bad customer support have been treated so badly, they literally don't give a shit. We have your money, we don't have to try anymore. Let the door hit you on the way out.

• 2 months later...

The one that started the gaming disasters/failures trend is back!

The War Z has been hacked. Their forums and the game Database has been hacked and lots of stuff has been taken. They say that no payment data has been taken though you never know with this game.

Especially since the group who hacked them is claiming they got a lot more than what the people in charge of The War Z are claiming, the admit no payment details were taken, however they say they can access any account they wish despite claims that passwords were encrypted.

Now... this isn't funny, nor is it something one should mock them for since it's really out of order... however... There is one tiny thing.

Many people criticised Sony for not telling people why the PSN was offline for a few days...

The War Z however took the forums offline and sent out an email... THREE DAYS AFTER THE ATTACK HAPPENED!? Yup, it seems that this attack happened three days ago and they knew about it but kept their forums and game fully open and didn't tell anyone about it. for three days stupid people were playing/supporting this game without being told what had happened.

This isn't like "It's down, nobody but us can access it right now"

This is "The system is fully open to attack right now and... . ... .well... birdies!"

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-02-the-war-z-forced-offline-after-forum-and-game-database-hacked

Meanwhile... 3 days ago. The producer of the game tells Eurogamer "Fans would be outraged if they couldn't lose microtransactioned items"