Awoo.

Roleplay/Art Tag Request - Needs it's own sub forum?

Lady Soniko

Due to the member Wario's recent attempt at a forum roleplay it has sparked an influx in at least 4-5 other separate sub-roleplays in the showcase hub, i know there will be many more coming along so i'd just like to ask the Mods if they could create Sub Forums in the Showcase hub for roleplay's to become collective and be easy to track for the participating members? I'd also like to state that maybe there should be a one just for Art/Crafts as well as a good majority of artist's work isn't getting recognized when it goes past page one, it's also pretty upsetting for those who want attention when members are browsing the Showcase forum just to interact with the RP's, I've seen this be the case in several night's status updates, so it is getting to some members on a slight personal level.

wasn't sure if this warranted it's own thread, but I brought it to attention as i think it's the best thing to do...

TL;DR edition

• Create Sub Forum in Showcase for Roleplays
  • Create Sub Forum in Showcse for Art & Writing
  • Showcase should be used for Media (videos, MOD's, Music)

that means they each pretty much get a sub forum for exposure.

There used to be a forum for roleplays at one point, there were so many. Then they got amalgamated into SSN and kinda died quickly after that. I'm not sure that they'll make a subforum for it based on that.

The threads are little to nothing but mere fads at this point that get so easily lost in their track that actually building around this is not warranted. The boards tried this once and it died down. Quickly.

I see nothing this time around that's any different, apart from the recent big one being nothing but a mere novelty, and mostly the same circle of people touting other ones because of their easy sell.

• Thumbs Up 8

Funfax: I was the one who suggested RP.

I was going to post this exact topic. Roleplays NEED their own boards or they'll clutter up the miscellaneous section. Bring back nostalgia. Make people feel old. It'll be great.

They may be fads from now, but trust me, I bet you they'll be the most popular attraction of the stadium.

I think the main point is that these Role Play topics are flooding sections where legitimate threads are being thrown off the page. Roleplays will continually be bumped while "Minimum Rings Challenge!" will be thrown to the bottom of the page/second page with people forgetting they ever existed. I can easily see new threads being thrown to the bottom too in a matter of hours. This is unfair to people who actually put a ton of work into things and get kicked because people want to role play.

Yeah, I do think RPs are a fad (I've already seen drama in the status feeds!) so it is only a matter of time before this stops being a problem.

• Thumbs Up 4

I think an RP subforum would be a good idea. Would keep the site more organized. And it's just a subforum, it's not like someone has to make an entire new webpage or something.

If I may suggest a compromise? Just make a section for writing in general and move all the roleplays there. On its own I doubt there's enough going on for roleplaying to warrant its own section, but I'm sure we've got a big enough writing crowd to bunch it and RPing together whilst keeping the misc subforum open to fangames and fan-concepts and audio and the like.

Not that I have a problem with the way the art boards are handled right now, mind.

• Thumbs Up 1