Awoo.

Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de

Soniman

So someone on Retro apparently just linked to the manga which is apparently in full. Don't quote me on that bit, I haven't read through the whole thing.

http://oab.sakura.ne.../0/page1a.htm#1

If there's one thing i love about manga it's how hilariously Narm-tastic it can be at times. Like this gem, here.

031.jpg

aaahahahaha

EDIT: Uh, looking further into this there's actually a smidge of NSFW content here. Definitely not for young'uns.

Edited by Place
  • Thumbs Up 1

This actually looks really cool, I've always wanted to see an animated series of the sort based on the 90's console war. This'll definitely be on my last of animes to be on the look out for this year. :)

EDIT: Uh, looking further into this there's actually a smidge of NSFW content here. Definitely not for young'uns.

Hurr, Opa-Opa getting grabbed by the Oppa-Oppai :V

• Thumbs Up 3

I wonder who the pervy staff-dude with the monkey is supposed to represent. Doesn't seem to ring a bell, the only Sega franchise with prominent monkeys I can think of is Monkey Ball.

EDIT: http://segachu.sakur...y/46/page2a.htm

Auwgh shet, izza Dawnkey Kawng...!

So it seems there's more to the cast than just that one character list.

I also looked into it more and Google Translate suggested some alternate romanizations for some of the names which arguably seem to make more sense; such as "Gear" for Gia, "Opal" for Opul, "Nell" for Neru, "Marx" for Marcse, "Guriji" for Greege, etc...

Also, Tejirofu is most likely Tetris after all -- he's got an L-block earring, he uses a stick (I block anyone?), and from what I could find on his character info he's written in as a mercenary, explaining why he's on Sega's side; there were (eventually) Tetris games on Sega systems too, after all.

Edited by H Hog
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is by far the most interesting news I've read in awhile. Given how much depth, and trouble the team that came up with this (might be in) or not. Its fun, crazy, and it just might work. I like how they humanized so many in unique ways, some you can find spot on, and others are hard to tell. I am curious to see what sort of directions that they may take this project.

It's Link the triforce necklace gave that away, but that ain't Majoras mask he's holdin'.

I thought Navi being in his picture was also a dead giveaway.

I'm getting a very strict Hetalia vibe from all of this.

Edited by XD375

• 1 month later...

So, I just started watching this and apparently

Tails dies in like the first 4 seconds.

What the hell does this have to do with the console war again?

So, I just started watching this and apparently

Tails dies in like the first 4 seconds.

What the hell does this have to do with the console war again?

He'll be back, he's basically immortal after all.

By the way, this anime is fucking stupid, but at least I can say it's somewhat entertaining.

Well...

It starts out with Sonic's counterpart Gear beating the shit out of random people for no apparent reason. He jumps around makes shit explode and scream like a dragonball z character while his girlfriend (Who am I assuming is Amy) screaming and shit. then after gear kicks an eagle in he dick I think. then there is a random ass jumpcut where Gear and Amy clone are greiving over Tails body (btw their bros for some reason) because he is dying for some reason which I hope is explained. then the generic anime intro starts.

And thats the first minute and 20 seconds.

Also Gear put a damn shirt on, what the hell are you, a Twilight Character?.

Actually it's his sister and I'm pretty sure she's not Amy's parallel.

I'm not even done the first 5 minutes so...

Edited by Enderwoman

An anime OC, maybe.

Only other non-made up possibilities I can think of are that she's either a different Sega franchise personification or she's a nod to Tania/Anita (unlikely given that the Manga was obscure even in Japan).

Edited by Wally Gator

Apparantly Sonic's friend is based off some chick from Phantasy Star 2.

That's not weird at all.

Also this plot is moving too fast and the characters are dull. I don't give two fucks about any of these guys.

Edited by Luigi the Brawler

Oh, Gear just backhanded about 100 guys without even touching half of them.

what

I like to think it was his bo.

I watched the first episode about an hour ago. It's fucking hilarious.

Tejirof (the Tetris reference character) is the greatest.

So... Judging from some of the reactions from this topic, I take it that this is overall pretty meh? Shame, I was actually somewhat interested in the anime, really.

Edited by Lyra of the Undead

I'm waiting for characters who represent Playstation to show up and kick Gear in the face.

Edited by Enderwoman

So... Judging from some of the reactions from this topic, I take it that this is overall pretty meh?

It's the most unintentionally hilarious thing I've seen in a while.

" I don't like you"

"Why not"

" I don't know. DIE."

In the version I'm watching, it says

"I don't like you"

"What?"

"I don't want to fight in the special forces with you"

Even though he could be a very fucking useful ally considering he beat like 100 people in less than 10 seconds.