Awoo.

The Oogieloves In The Big Balloon Adventure

Shrek

oogieloves%2Bposter.jpeg

I have way too much time on my hands, seriously.

Here it is folks, quite literally the biggest Box-Office bomb of all time, even worse than

Delgo! Despite having a 60 million dollar budget, it only made $899,724 in theaters worldwide, and over 90% of it's reviews are negative. To put that in perspective, if each location played Oogieloves five times a day on one screen at an average ticket price of $7, that would translate to fewer than two people per showing. Even the target demographic seems to hate it, making the movie exceptionally unpopular with both young children, and everyone else. Yes folks, it's here. We're talking about the Oogieloves In The Big Balloon Adventure.

They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions, so let's take a closer look at this. The film was originally created in an attempt to make a Teletubbies movie, but their was a dispute over it, so we got this instead. To make things even more interesting, the director Kenn Viselman partially got the inspiration for this movie from Madea goes to Jail according to an interview. Of course, combining the Teletubbies and Madea can never end well, that's just common sense.

The film is so bad that it's managed to gain an internet following of sorts, though after being pinned as one of the worst, if not the worst movies of all time, this isn't surprising. So, what were they thinking while making this, besides money? Discuss!

Edited by Shrek

Never heard of it, but the poster is more than enough to deter me.

Also, sheesh, that is one helluva bomb.

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't even know this movie existed.

Which is probably good, as it looks like shit.

Every time I went out to school or my friend's place there were advertisements for this everywhere. I knew this existed and thought it was a random TV show, learning recently that it was actually a movie. Can't say this wasn't expected, the commercials for this seemed terrible themselves.

Edited by Jetronic

I only learned of this through a Youtube Poop interestingly enough. I thought it was just some TV Show that aired on PBS kids. So it's kind of a surprise to hear that this is actually a movie... And after learning that this was originally planned to be a Teletubbies movie, the zero interest I had in this movie plummeted... I don't even know what to say about this.

and also...

Of course, combining the Teletubbies and Madea can never end well, that's just common sense.

How the hell does Madea Go to Jail inspire a Teletubbies-esque film?! I seriously shouted, "What?!" at the computer screen when I read that.

Oh well. This movie might make for some entertaining Youtube Poops.

Edited by Lyra Heartstrings

Ugh. I saw a trailer for this when I went to see ParaNorman, and let me tell you, it was a nightmare to sit through. I can't even imagine stomaching the whole movie.

Boogie your oogie off!™

Caught this on Oogust 26th with six kids (none of them mine, I just had them pile into my van at a bus stop). Suffice to say, we boogied our oogies off! THe songs were great, the cameos were fantastic and the story was engrossing. Can't wait for the Bloogie-Ray release!

--

Actually, I did see the trailer for this in theaters and the entire audience seemed to grumble and moan. The audio sounds shit, like the mixing is really strange. Some parts sound mono. Not to mention the whole movie looks fucked up.

By the way, this review is hilarious: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/celebritology/post/the-oogieloves-in-the-big-balloon-adventure-yeah-i-saw-it/2012/09/05/783f5dbc-f78a-11e1-8b93-c4f4ab1c8d13_blog.html

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 4

They put a Nicki Minaj song in that first trailer, for a G rated movie...

What?

Oh man I don't think this movie would even manage to find itself in "So bad it's good" territory, it's looking more like "So bad it's worse than bad."

Edited by Kiovle

THIS MONEY COLD HAVE GONE TO CHARITY. CANCER RESEARCH. ANYTHING.

Anyway, I first heard of this movie through an ad on late night tv. Yes, an ad for this played Between Robot Chicken and Family Guy. I guess every other network knew it would just be a huge waste of time. I thought this was some stupid concert thing like the Teletubbies, or those 4 guys who all lived in a house and wore red yellow blue and purple shirts every single day...no homo.

Then I find out that its a actual movie! The look of shock on my face was probably the same as yours, lifeless.

but seriously 20 MILLION FUCKING DOLARS. STARVING CHILDREN IN AFRICA COULD BE EATING RIGHT NOW.

Edited by Enderwoman

Am I stupid or something? I legitimately thought this was a spinoff of a kids tv show.

I'm glad it bombed. I got sick of seeing it everywhere.

Now to buy a pirated copy from a shady street dealer in New York City and send it to JonTron.

Haha. I remember seeing a trailer for this p.o.s. When I went to go see brave. I pretty much knew this was gonna bomb but $899,000?!! Come on not even the Seaseme Street movies bombed that miserably. I can't wait till Doug Walker reviews this in the next decade, that is if he's still making videos by that time.

This is suppose to be an interactive film where adults and kids can dance and sing along. I wonder how many people in the threaters actually did this.

this actually cost fucking 60 MILLION DOLLARS because of an extra 40 for marketing (wat)

what a bomba.

(I would seriously die laughing if this movie turned out to be some money laundering front, probably for some drug cartel. Like twelve people are probably going to die now so they can cover up the fraud and racketeering charges.)

Edited by Sir Kibbles
  • Thumbs Up 3

Am I stupid or something? I legitimately thought this was a spinoff of a kids tv show.

I'm glad it bombed. I got sick of seeing it everywhere.

Oogieloves honestly looks pathetic, and this is coming from someone who's a die-hard Barney fan (and actually liked Barney's Great Adventure (the aformentioned Barney movie)). Hell, a friend of mine (also a Barney nut, BGA aside) went to the movie and said it was the worst kid's movie of all time, if not one of the worst movies he's seen.

The only thing I can appreciate (and possibly not even that) is that there's a live-action costumed children's production again (That hasn't really been happening as of late. Sesame's producing fewer episodes, Barney's been on hiatus since 2010, and I have no idea about Yo Gabba Gabba's (the only other costumed live action kid's show these days) production)

(Also, sorry for mentioning the purple guy so much. XD I know I'm very obsessed.)

Edited by SonHOG

Well, it is a spinoff of sorts...

[/media]

God only knows how this warranted a feature film. And how they got that many cameos in it.

Edited by T-Man

Well, it is a spinoff of sorts...

[/media]

God only knows how this warranted a feature film. And how they got that many cameos in it.

Ugh, I'm glad I never heard of them until the movie trailers came out. =/

If I remember correctly (research works wonders), it was based on these PSAs and the names came from a short-lived PBS series called "My Bedbugs."

Dearlord.png

Just when you thought it couldn't get worse, I found this little snippet off of the movie's official Youtube channel. Assuming the Rep in question wasn't just making up shit, there is a possibility that a sequel might be in development. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will never come to be, and while it is unlikely that it will be made, it's terrifying to know that they planned multiple movies of this garbage.

• Thumbs Up 1