Awoo.

Sonic/Sega related dreams that you feel will never come to fruition?

GenesisCodeX

We all have our own unique hopes for the Sonic franchise and Sega in general. Some of them are plausible but some of them are so zany that we are even afraid to mention them. This is the place to do so. My crazy dream is that Sega somehow restores themselves financially and makes a new Sega console. I don't care if it's Dreamcast 2 or Genesis 2, just a new console. And with it they package (for free) a new 3D Altered Beast game, and a brand new HD 2D Sonic game, either called something like Sonic & Knuckles 2 or just Sonic the Hedgehog. 1:1 physics with Sonic 3 & Knuckles and 12-13 zones.

Ojup4.jpg

In fact I'd like to see all the major hits of Sega's Genesis and Dreamcast libraries remade into brand new experiences. I want to see stuff like Ecco the Dolphin and Toejam & Earl back on the shelves. I want Sonic to fight against Nintendo again. I miss the rivalry so much. I want Sega to be the 'edgy' company again, the one that isn't afraid to be innovative when the other companies are playing it safe. Maybe a new VMU with augmented reality? There's so many things Sega could do. A man can dream, don't you think?

P8N5z.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic 1, 2(WK), 3&K, all in the style of Generations' classic stages, remixed music (oh yes) and all.

EDIT: Why the heck not, let's throw Sonic 4 in there too.

Edited by Pixel Brain
  • Thumbs Up 7

A Knuckles game. A real, genuine Knuckles game. Not that nonsense on the 32X that was originally a Sonic game in beta form. I don't think that counts and neither should anyone else.

The reason why I love Knuckles so much and think he's so interesting is because of his ties to the Master Emerald and I would love a game that served as a means to answer questions about his race's past, the Chaos Emeralds, and the Master Emerald itself. They're such important parts of the series' mythos and yet we don't really know much of anything concrete about them.

Sure, Sonic Adventure shed some light on things as well as Sonic Chronicles to an extent, but I feel like there's so much more than can be done. Granted, I seem to be the only Sonic fan on the planet that genuinely likes Chronicles in any way, shape or form. *shrugs*

There's also that awesome stuff in the Sonic 3 Japanese manual related to the Emeralds that Sega seems to not give a fuck about anymore. I really wish that they'd bring story things like that back from the Genesis / Mega Drive games.

It's not exactly unexplored territory, but that didn't stop Shadow from getting his own game designed to answer questions about his past. You could argue that his story was more or less resolved by the end of Sonic Adventure 2, but alas a game was made.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 5

Genesis Sonic gameplay in 3D.

... :(

I mean they can't even get it right in 2D, and they've yet to make any attempt at doing it in 3D (at least not since SA or thereabouts).

Edited by Diogenes
  • Thumbs Up 7

For people - everyone - to fucking forget about Sonic 2006.

Sonic and Blaze getting married.

SonicxSilver > SonicxBlaze

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm, maybe Tails going out and getting more things done. Although, it may be too early to judge that.

An official true classic Sonic game / (spiritual) sequel to the classic games. Regardless if it's in 2D or 3D. On that note, another excellent remake of a classic Sonic game, regardless if it's done by Sega/Sonic Team themselves, Dimps, or Taxman.

A decent number of Sonic characters who aren't Sonic properly made playable in a Sonic game again.

Anyone from the original Sonic Team returning to Sega/Sonic Team to work on a Sonic game.

A Sonic fighting game.

A Sonic game (perferrably a platformer) with great local and online co-op/competitive multiplayer.

Another non-Sonic game developed by Sonic Team.

Any classic-era character (particluarly Fang) re-introduced to the Sonic series.

A Sonic game developed by Nintendo.

A true Mario and Sonic platformer.

A great original Sonic platformer from Dimps that isn't a watered-down handheld version of a superior console game or a poor attempt at a sequel.

Sonic Team actually creating a good/great/awesome/outstanding/amazing Sonic game with all of their love/heart/affection poured into it, instead of building a game that plays it safe to appease critics and select Sonic fans.

And a official Sonic Adventure 3.

311035_272194439493389_381126177_a.jpg

Edited by Miku Hatsune

Shadow the Hedgehog 2.

NO. PLEASE. GOD. NO. NO. NOT AGAIN. OH CHRIST. AUGH. NO.

*cough*

I'd like Tails Adventure 2 please.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Team actually creating a good/great/awesome/outstanding/amazing Sonic game with all of their love/heart/affection poured into it, instead of building a game that plays it safe to appease critics and select Sonic fans.

So... Unleashed?

A full 3D Sonic game with no alternate playstyles, no angsty stories, controls good, and is not named Sonic Adventure 3.

Edited by Prince Solaris
  • Thumbs Up 3

Sonic already has a wife. Her name is chili dogs.

• Thumbs Up 1

A game that's actually memorable and good......this topic makes me sad

See Sonic Colours, Sonic Generations, and arguably Sonic Unleashed.

What are you going to remember about Generations

A game with barely any story and all reused levels

• Thumbs Up 2