Awoo.

Sonic/Sega related dreams that you feel will never come to fruition?

GenesisCodeX

So... Unleashed?

Unleashed had Werehog gameplay, medals, linear level design influenced by the boost, and hub worlds-which a large number of people disliked, so no.

Edited by Miku Hatsune

A Shadow the Hedgehog 2 spin off that feels like Conker's Bad Fur Day with Sonic characters...

Don't lie, playing as Big the Cat using duel wield Uzies, smoking a cigar while spouting Duke Nukem quotes would be hilarious and you all know it... tongue.png

ConkerWar_BFD.png

Now don't get me wrong, I'm only half serious due to how stupidly funny the final product would turn out. On paper, this is an absolutely terrible idea because there's so many ways Sega could very easily screw it up given their track record. At the same time, I'm also sure money would be better spent towards an actual Sonic game to push the franchise further, but I digress. Despite all this, if Sega (or anyone really...) could actually replicate the magic of the original game on current day consoles, this could turn out to be a fantastically creative Third Person Platformerish-like Shooter in a field of gaming that desperately needs it.

I'm sorry you all had to see this...

Edited by Goldenlink64

[sEGA related]SEGA teaming up with SONY to make the SonyDreamstation

Put all the Sonic Games on there all revamped better physics and unique controllers.

{Sonic Related} A new Sonic game that has 4 new characters, Sandbox style and awesome physics so you wont drop the f bomb in front of your family while playing the game.

Unleashed had Werehog gameplay, medals, linear level design influenced by the boost, and hub worlds-which a large number of people disliked, so no.

Your point? They did pour their heart, soul and affection into the game, and did their own thing instead of building a game that plays it safe to appease critics and select Sonic fans.

You might not like the result, but you got what you asked for.

• Thumbs Up 4

A New Chaotix Game (3D Slow plataforming and missions) Digital o Knuckles' Chaotix release in HD

A Mario/Sonic crossover title where the characters actually interact with one another outside the opening CG.

• Thumbs Up 8

I have a few thoughts that come to mind:

-That a recent/new/future Sonic game would score high on Metacritic. It looks like the ports and games made way back when in the Adventure and Genesis days have those high scores and Sega/Sonic Team is unable to get back to that point it seems. I would like to see all the love and effort that Sonic Team puts in the games fairly recognized and appreciated.

-That Sonic's friends would have a genuine purpose in the games. I'm sick and tired of them standing around doing nothing but running their mouths when they have so much potential to do more...and actually have the characters interact with one another. That's such a waste having them pretty much doing nothing.

-That people (especially critics) would let Sonic '06 stay in the past. It's been 6 years already since that disaster and I wish everyone would move on seeing Sonic games have gotten a lot better as of late since then. Seeing people constantly dwelling on the negative aspects of the Sonic series and bring it up all the time just boggles my mind. There's plenty good to focus on...Let's move on, shall we?

This is all wishful thinking/dreams indeed. I'm sad now. sad.png

Edited by Sonikku_Kiah
  • Thumbs Up 5

Most dreams won't come into fruition because what people want is not only subjective, but that expectations and anticipation are essentially limitless, while reality is completely grounded in what existed. It's why you tend to be happiest just before you're getting something you've been anticipating for ages, and why the hype thing where you get disappointed happens.

Not that flaws aren't flaws, but it certainly doesn't help. It's why a hypothetical Sonic Adventure 3 is so precarious as people who really really want it put so much stock and investment into it like it would "save the franchise" (I wish people would stop obsessing about "saving the franchise" btw) because their expectations and hopes are limitless, but it could very easily disappoint.

Edited by Semi-colon e

A Mario/Sonic crossover title where the characters actually interact with one another outside the opening CG.

SEGA: A Kid Chameleon reboot (I'm probably one of the 5 people in these forums who knows that game)

Sonic: SAWNIK ADVENSHUW TWEE-- No. This will most likely happen, but I'd like to see a new character model for Sonic and the gang. No, I don't mean giving him back his black eyes or a pot-belly, just a new original look for the hedgehog. ANYTHING. I don't care if he gets red eyes or abs. (and no, I don't hate the current look)

Also, how's 'bout a new character that's not USELESS.

And Eggman should be voiced by Robin Willia--*bricked*

SEGA always seemed to make great breakthroughs with technologies which became the norm. For example the SEGA/Mega CD was the first to introduce the CD format for game consoles, which is the norm these days, but of course the Mega CD didn't sell. Likewise the Dreamcast was the first (I believe) to introduce the online gaming format, but the Dreamcast got left behind by systems such as the PS2. So I would love to see a new SEGA console which brings a new piece of tech which knocks everyone off their feet. I want SEGA to rise again.

As for games, I want S3&K (which is a wonderful wonderful game) in HD 16:9 narrative. I also want a Sonic 5 (no dimps) Sonic Team 2d game with a box product budget. 20 levels, special stages, bonus stages and time trial. Would like to see my other favourite Mega Drive games make a return in new adventures, like Decap attack, Dynamite Headdy and Ecco the Diolphin.

Edited by NightwingFox

What are you going to remember about Generations

A game with barely any story and all reused levels

At the very least it plays good, that's saying a lot considering the past.

A new Sonic cartoon that has great animation, no spotlight stealers *CoughChrisandSallyCough*, great characterization and interesting plots for episodes.

I would have loved Sonic X if every episode was essentially like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivn4UYjhOUs

You know, the one where the Chaotix spend the whole time dicking around and doing stuff like drawing on Knuckles' face when he's asleep. Lighthearted, humorous, and shows the characters in a different light than "gotta save the world" hero mode 24/7.

Instead we get a copy paste of the Sonic Adventure stories with lame human characters stuffed in, and then super serious evil alien robot things that kill planets and won't rest until the entire universe is dead.

Your point? They did pour their heart, soul and affection into the game, and did their own thing instead of building a game that plays it safe to appease critics and select Sonic fans.

You might not like the result, but you got what you asked for.

I didn't say that I didn't like the result. I should clarify that the resulting game would please both critics and fans alike.

A game, a battle, a SOMETHING, where Sonic and Knuckles have to deal with the combined threat of Metal Sonic and Metal Knuckles.

Or just anything involving Metal Knuckles in general

A game, a battle, a SOMETHING, where Sonic and Knuckles have to deal with the combined threat of Metal Sonic and Metal Knuckles.

Or just anything involving Metal Knuckles in general

Metal Knuckles blowing up? Aqua can I ask, but what's your fascination with Metal [Goddman] Knuckles anyway? You seem to like him a lot, and can't really understand why.

Warren and Graff being allowed to have full rein when it comes to writing Sonic game plots and characterization and/or teaming-up with whoever write the Storybook games.

Those are the Colors/Generations guys right? I'm game.

Metal Knuckles blowing up? Aqua can I ask, but what's your fascination with Metal [Goddamn] Knuckles anyway? You seem to like him a lot, and can't really understand why.

I'll chalk it up to his whole motif, and the potential it has. He is an evil robot version of a character who is primarily a boxer with super strength. The whole Metal aspect for this series means that he has all the ability of the organic version, but taken up to eleven, evidenced by the fact that his "boxing gloves" are razor sharp daggers. Had they used him more, he could have been a fantastic recurring boss, or even playable character.

Edited by Aqua Buster

I'll chalk it up to his whole motif, and the potential it has. He is an evil robot version of a character who is primarily a boxer with super strength. The whole Metal aspect for this series means that he has all the ability of the organic version, but taken up to eleven, evidenced by the fact that his "boxing gloves" are razor sharp daggers. Had they used him more, he could have been a fantastic recurring boss, or even playable character.

But you can say the same thing about Metal Sonic, I mean if it's just the design then cool, I like it too but even if it that was the case, he'd basically be no different from Metal Sonic.

But you can say the same thing about Metal Sonic, I mean if it's just the design then cool, I like it too but even if it that was the case, he'd basically be no different from Metal Sonic.

The difference would be in that Sonic and Knuckles are totally different characters. The robots would ideally focus on different aspects. Metal Sonic is quickster while Metal Knuckles is the powerhouse. Then Metal Sonic decided he wanted to start Mega-Manning all over the place, and it all just went to hell. Metal Sonic would be a far more lethal opponent if he stopped trying to do what everyone did, and just focused on his strengths.

The difference would be in that Sonic and Knuckles are totally different characters. The robots would ideally focus on different aspects. Metal Sonic is quickster while Metal Knuckles is the powerhouse. Then Metal Sonic decided he wanted to start Mega-Manning all over the place, and it all just went to hell. Metal Sonic would be a far more lethal opponent if he stopped trying to do what everyone did, and just focused on his strengths.

Yes, but if I recall Eggman created Metal Sonic as a counter to only Sonic, his most hated enemy. I mean unless he has some beef with Knuckles, I highly doubt he create him, and if so wouldn't it make sense to have basically a Metal themed triple threat, as opposed to just Sonic & Knuckles?

Edited by Ragna the Bloodedge