Awoo.

Sonic/Sega related dreams that you feel will never come to fruition?

GenesisCodeX

Oh yeah, and writing a fanfiction, I try to settle down to type and then I'm like "Brain, why U no work?!"

Too true. I have a decent story in my head involving Sonic preventing Eggman from using a mind control device (basically Colors' plot, except it acts as sort of the first story in the series, rather than continuing from a previous one), which steadily expands over the course of a few stories into a conspiracy where Eggman is going to use a bigger version attached to the bottom of his flying base of Eggmanland to control the entire world, and he has insiders within the international police force to cover his tracks and such, so Sonic needs to work with Tails, Amy, and maybe a police officer version of Vector (who after the crisis is averted, quits the force to start a detective agency) to expose Eggman for the loony he is.

Problem is, I can't get past the first sentence without having brain fart.

Edited by Frankenstein Joe

Too true. I have a decent story in my head involving Sonic preventing Eggman from using a mind control device (basically Colors' plot, except it acts as sort of the first story in the series, rather than continuing from a previous one), which steadily expands over the course of a few stories into a conspiracy where Eggman is going to use a bigger version attached to the bottom of his flying base of Eggmanland to control the entire world, and he has insiders within the international police force to cover his tracks and such, so Sonic needs to work with Tails, Amy, and maybe a police officer version of Vector (who after the crisis is averted, quits the force to start a detective agency) to expose Eggman for the loony he is.

Problem is, I can't get past the first sentence without having brain fart.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

• 2 weeks later...

I've always thought something along the lines of a certain thing Arkham Asylum did would work very well. To elaborate, if The Penguin or one of his thugs for example kills Batman or Robin, a short clip would play of the Penguin looking down at you and insulting you. If a Badnik or boss/rival killed Sonic, and a clip of Eggman/Knuckles/Amy/etc. saying something hilarious and humiliating to you played, I would go out of my way to die =P I feel like it would make dying more meaningful, and add a bit of likability and PURPOSE to the characters...

But I doubt they would utilise the characters in such a cool and likeable way...

Edited by Joker the Magnificent

I've always thought something along the lines of a certain thing Arkham Asylum did would work very well. To elaborate, if The Penguin or one of his thugs for example kills Batman or Robin, a short clip would play of the Penguin looking down at you and insulting you. If a Badnik or boss/rival killed Sonic, and a clip of Eggman/Knuckles/Amy/etc. saying something hilarious and humiliating to you played, I would go out of my way to die =P I feel like it would make dying more meaningful, and add a bit of likability and PURPOSE to the characters...

But I doubt they would utilise the characters in such a cool and likeable way...

It's really cool watching those death scenes in Arkham City and Asylum. It would look good in a Sonic game.

You wouldn't need to go out of your way to die, it happens automatically in Unleashed, Heroes and 06...

Edited by NightwingFox
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think the perfect new Sonic game would be 2D with handrawn sprites that would directly follow after S3AK. A bit like the way S3 follows right after S2. It would be a great way to play on the nostalgia without living in memory lane. So, for example, maybe a level where you run through the ruins of the crashed Death Egg or revisiting Hidden Palace to get Knuckles to join the adventure or something.

Sonic + Tails and Knuckles would be playable with their super forms and would have their own paths in a complex level design. It wouldn't be forced on the player though and the main story would be Sonic. I think the game could improve on Sonic 3 by having each character's plot more explicitly obvious. Knuckles clearly came after Sonic's storyline but it was confusingly done (and even SEGA didn't understand it when they designed the Sonic 4 website).

Of course, that will never happen because of Sonic 4 :P

It would be great if Sonic 4 would be erased from existence so this game could be made. If it would conflict with the Adventure series then, who cares?

Silver the Hedgehog being retired. I made a blog post about why he needs to go away for good: http://mirupresentss...t.blogspot.com/. Seriously SEGA, it's him, not Big.

....This is very stupid.Why are you convinced Silver is taking screentime away from your waifu? Silver is a more popular character than Rouge.That's why he get's more attention in spinoffs. The younger fans like him more.

Also, the reason there are mainly male Sonic figures is because the main target for Sonic toys is young boys and young boys aren't going to want Rouge.

....This is very stupid.Why are you convinced Silver is taking screentime away from your waifu? Silver is a more popular character than Rouge.That's why he get's more attention in spinoffs. The younger fans like him more.

Really? Most of the comments I see flying around regarding him usually tend to be about his pothead, being a Trunks ripoff, or how he deserves to die through some really confusing and convoluted logical fallacy that correlates the fall of Sonic the Hedgehog from grace to his appearance.

P.S. I do not endorse miru, I'm just saying that I have not seen this mysterious surge of popularity for Silver among younger audiences., or maybe I was looking in the wrong places.

Edited by Frankenstein Joe

A Paper Mario-ect RPG with Sonic and Co. It dosnt have to be paper charaters but the gameplay could be like Super Paper Mario but mixed with Sonic 2 or be a real RPG (basicly, a good Sonic Cronicles).

• 6 months later...

Bump.

A proper (spiritual) successor to the Genesis Sonic games.

A good pure 2D Sonic platformer.

Another good Dimps game that isn't lazy like every 2D game they've made since Sonic 4.

A new Jet Set Radio game .

And a game from Sonic Team that actually takes risks instead of playing it safe (at least for the time being, but still).

Edited by Gabe

Another, related to my much older NiGHTS 3 post, is Jet Set Radio 3.

It's really sad that we'll probably never see NiGHTS, Beat, Ulala, and Amigo outside a Sega All-Stars game ever again...

A 4 player Sonic Game. NOT a party game, a game like New Super Mario Bros Wii or Kirby's Return to Dreamland. Playable characters would be Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Blaze, Silver, Amy, Cream and Rouge. Sonic Quadruple-Crisis.

and it's Wii U exclusive Sonic Quintule Crisis.

Rouge getting fully redeemed.

What do you mean?

Edited by XtremerSadiq

I'd like to see a game in the vein of SA1, but with everyone having the kind of gameplay. Completing each character's story would allow you to play the final story as them. That way, people wouldn't complain that the Sonic's are taking up his screentime, since they wouldn't be required unless you want 100% completion. Not only that, but allowing all the characters to fight the final boss would be really cool, and might even redeem them in the reviewers' eyes.

A Sonic game combining Adventure and Modern gameplay.

On the Sega side, Streets of Rage 4.

A 4 player Sonic Game. NOT a party game, a game like New Super Mario Bros Wii or Kirby's Return to Dreamland. Playable characters would be Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Blaze, Silver, Amy, Cream and Rouge. Sonic Quadruple-Crisis.

and it's Wii U exclusive Sonic Quintule Crisis.

What do you mean?

Isn't Sonic Advance 3 4 players? It's just not Co-op, it's 2v2.

I want to see a game take advantage of Sonic 4 ep2/Sonic Advance 3's style of gameplay to make a 4 player sonic game but in the style of 2v2.

Edited by Dom
  • Thumbs Up 1

I want to see a game take advantage of Sonic 4 ep2/Sonic Advance 3's style of gameplay to make a 4 player sonic game but in the style of 2v2.

This is a surprisingly good idea.

As far as Sonic dreams go, I'd like to see Metal Knuckles return alongside Metal Sonic in one game.

As far as Sonic dreams go, I'd like to see Metal Knuckles return alongside Metal Sonic in one game.

Personaly I would love a return of the Mecha Sonic series, sorry but Metal sonic is not a brawler. They didnt even get a cameo in Sonic generations :(

Personaly I would love a return of the Mecha Sonic series, sorry but Metal sonic is not a brawler. They didnt even get a cameo in Sonic generations sad.png

It upsets me that the only thing worth mentioning in Sky Sanctuary (Mecha Sonic) didn't even show up in the background.  I personally thing Classic should've fought him and Modern should've had a chase scene with Super Mecha.

Shadow as a villain. Seriously, he fits so much better as a villain than a good guy. If nothing else make him an antivillain. He's not exactly evil, but Sonic has to stop him nonetheless.

I really dislike they made him basically Sonic as a government agent come 06. Where's his willingness to murder for the greater good? I mean yes I understand that's contrary to what Maria would want (she felt bad for the GUN soldiers who were shooting at her for god's sake), but come on. Where's his idea that people are horrible at governing themselves and need an iron fisted leader to set them right? Whereas Eggman's in it purely for the power and satisfaction to his own ego, in Shadow's twisted mind he could see all his atrocities as ultimately being meant for a better future.

Failing that, a spinoff franchise that shows Shadow's little GUN adventures. I know immediately this would flop marketing-wise but it's a neat concept I like if nothing else.

• Thumbs Up 1

Metal Knuckles looked pretty cool. That and he(and Metal Sonic) COULD beat the Super Destroyer of Souls Lord Evil Hyper Omega Ultimate Godmode Ultra Turbo Sonic if he took every shortcut and trick in the book.

Another Sonic R game aswell(or at the very least SA2's speed multiplayer mode with more than 2 players).

That's the point, I want a 4 Player Co-op game. 2D-sidescroller.

and what about a game called "Sonic: RIse of the Robots" where all his robot dopplegangers return and form a clan led by none other than the original Metal Sonic himself. Sonic would have to fight Silver Sonic (pretty easy boss, on the first zone), Metal Sonic fight one, Silver Sonic II, Mecha Sonic, Metal Sonic fight two, Metal Sonic 3.0, Metal Sonic Kai, Neo Metal Sonic and for the final boss, Metal Overlord Mk. II. with references to Pseudo-Sonic, Zonik, Cyber Sonic and Metallix Emperor. and yes, with apperances by Tails Doll and Mecha Knuckles.