Awoo.

Sonic/Sega related dreams that you feel will never come to fruition?

GenesisCodeX

Where is the CD ,ShTH, and Secret Rings stages huh?

DLC SEGA, it makes you money.

I'd buy it. I am pretty sure many people would buy it.

CD had stardust speedway in the rival battle.

My question is where is triple trouble, Knuckles Chaotix, and sonic the fighters

I'm pretty sure everyone's given up on DLC for Sonic Generations. It's been 2 years. SEGA had endless possibilites of what they could've done. Now all that's left to do is hope for moderns hackers to figure something out

I would like a sonic heroes 2 if possible, I feel as though if they gave the team mechanic another shot sonic team could make something really special with it, also it would have each team with different stages instead of them having the same ones like in the first since we have more memory space on systems these days and all. Also, another Sonic R that plays a little like mad dash racing or sonic unleashed would be nice.

An Eggman real-time-strategy game inspired by Pikmin and Dungeon Keeper.

A 2D spinoff series about Big, featuring Froggy in super form, with the feeling of Banjo-Kazooie.

On the Sega side, a space shooter series inspired by Starfox only underwater, starring Ecco the Dolphin.

And for already made games, two sequels to Chronicles, and more Storybook games.

• Thumbs Up 1

Working at Sonic Team.

):

-looks at Palas's previous posts-

My new dream is for Palas to work at Sonic Team.

• Thumbs Up 4

I think Blaze should have her own spinoff series. She's one of the more popular characters, but it's hard to use her in the games without shoehorning her (with NextGen being the most ridiculous example of this). A good way to circumvent this would be to have a series of games set in the Sol Dimension and detailing the adventures of Blaze and Marine.

I actually think of Blaze getting her own game/series a bit too. For one thing, it would actually make Marine useful in a plot (seeing how she can be a mechanic to Blaze without Tails or Eggman to do what she can do 1,000,000x better). Also, with Nega's Rivals backstory officially being his true one, there could be a new villain for Blaze that actually looks like more than 5 seconds was put into their design process.

Unfortunately, it'll never happen because:

1. There are more popular characters (e.g. Tails, Knuckles, Shadow) that would be more likely (and more deserving) to get their own series/game.
  2. The backlash of Shadow's game seems to have pretty much killed Sonic Team's interest in giving Sonic characters their own spinoffs.
  3. Even if it happened, Sonic Team would sooner bring back Nega/resurrect Whisker (who to me at least is a one-trick pony at best) than make a new recurring villain.
Edited by Spin Attaxx

1. A game with somewhat of a return to SA1-ish gameplay. Rolling, spindashing, somewhat slower pacing, more slopes, whatnot.

2. A Sonic game focused a bit more on the exploration aspect, or just using your abilities to move yourself around an environment rather than just an obstacle course.

3. A 3D version of the Sadv2 boost. This just seems like it'd be so cool and give so much more flexible gameplay than the boost we currently have does. Bonus points if it looks like the wind wooshy thing the beta Unleashed boost did.

4. Another game that focuses as much on game atmosphere as like Unleashed, or SA1.

5. Another good story with more consistent (or at least realistic) character portrayals. Like Adventure, but without bad writing.

6. Going for an art direction that's more out there than what we currently have. I've never liked the really bold, over saturated and forced "Heroes" approach that the series is going more in the direction of. I like the art style when its more vivid, abstracted and with loads of depth. Sonic CD, S3K, SA1, Unleashed, all of those games had that (even including the more obscure games like Sonic R, SegaSonic Arcade, and Chaotix). Had much more charm than this really plain thing with primary colors that they've been doing. Sorry, I just reaaally like color theory and I think its a very important subject to focus on when making something, and I just don't think the current approach to designing Sonic stuff is exactly the way to cut it. I'm not really talking about things like the environment (since those are usually fine) but the whole way the series shows off itself, like through Uekawa's really bland, jagged and overly saturated character poses, the really boring 3D model stock poses, the overusage of primary colors and it just has this really bleeehhh feeling that came around when Heroes was big. Not surprising since Iizuka seemed to love that so much. Okay I'll stop ranting in the smalltext you can keep reading.

6. Reinstating some of the older mythos of the series, like the history of the Chaos Emeralds, referencing places like South Island, revisiting Angel Island, I dunno. It'd be cool! Well, as long as it wasn't in a forced 'throwback' kind of way like Sega has really loved doing lately.

7. Naofumi Hataya or Masafumi Ogata coming back as regular composers for mainstream Sonic games. Please.

8. Another game starring both Sonic and Blaze, preferably 3D.

9. On that note, a game where we can finally forget that Blaze and Silver were ever associated :VVV

andddddd

10. More playable characters, all done in a way that actually works with a Sonic game.

Either I have too high of hopes or too low of expectations for Sega. LOL

Edited by Azookara
  • Thumbs Up 4

Sonic Adventure 3.

Also...

I just want to comment on whoever posted about the more "Satisfying Super Sonic Battle". I'd have to agree, but being more specific, a longer Super Sonic battle. The best one I've seen so far would have to be Final Hazard. It's probably my favorite Sonic Boss ever, but it's just so so short. 

@Azookara

You have two No.6's ...

Anyway, to tackle your first No.6.

I too like colour theory. It is important I feel for generating a "feel" to a stage. I think best example of good use of colour, was in Generations' remake of Crisis City. Goddamn, is that a gorgeous looking stage, which manages to convey a sense of distruction and dystopia, in an elegant way. You got Reds, Yellows, Oranges and purples. The Sky looks fabulous. Even the textures, in particular the lava texture.....

Best I've seen it done before that was Lava Reef in S3K. Act 1 was feiry and rocky, to create a sense of heat; reds, yellows, oranges and browns. You've descended into a hellish lava pit, deep underground. Act 2 immediately cools it off and looks more crystalline, to suggest you've entered an older part of the underground. More of a mystical feel; blues, purples, browns.

Both are aided by music.

I love it when a level's visuals and music combine to create an atmosphere. Perhaps provide a sense of history for that location too. 

EDIT:

Though I disagree that Sonic Team won't do something like this, or it is impossible for them to do so. They have a fantastic Art Director and a very talented team working on visuals, as well as a talented music team backing them up. I think they could pull something like this off, and I hope they do for the next game.

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 2

A Sonic game that makes critics and fans shut the fuck up.  Come on, you can't tell me this wouldn't be the best Sonic game ever made!

• Thumbs Up 5

Why do people want another Sega console so badly, again?  That's just less time Sega would have to focus on games and more they'd have to concentrate on keeping a rock afloat.

Me ever serving as an official writer for the game series. Then again, with the way they're handling the stories nowadays, I can't say that I'm too bothered by this.

• Thumbs Up 1

An Eggman real-time-strategy game inspired by Pikmin and Dungeon Keeper.

A 2D spinoff series about Big, featuring Froggy in super form, with the feeling of Banjo-Kazooie.

On the Sega side, a space shooter series inspired by Starfox only underwater, starring Ecco the Dolphin.

And for already made games, two sequels to Chronicles, and more Storybook games.

You have no idea how pissed off I was at the cliffhanger ending in Chronicles. I...don't really see the Big-Froggy thing working out, but I think there's a poll somewhere where you can vote for the theme of the next Storybook tale. As for SEGA in general....A RISTAR SEQUEL!!!!! A DYNAMITE HEADDY SEQUEL!!!! and an ACTUAL Sonic and Mario game where they work together to save Sonic's world and Mario's world from Bowser and Eggman.

@Azookara

You have two No.6's ...

Oh, whoops. tongue.png

Anyway, to tackle your first No.6.

I too like colour theory. It is important I feel for generating a "feel" to a stage. I think best example of good use of colour, was in Generations' remake of Crisis City. Goddamn, is that a gorgeous looking stage, which manages to convey a sense of distruction and dystopia, in an elegant way. You got Reds, Yellows, Oranges and purples. The Sky looks fabulous. Even the textures, in particular the lava texture.....

Best I've seen it done before that was Lava Reef in S3K. Act 1 was feiry and rocky, to create a sense of heat; reds, yellows, oranges and browns. You've descended into a hellish lava pit, deep underground. Act 2 immediately cools it off and looks more crystalline, to suggest you've entered an older part of the underground. More of a mystical feel; blues, purples, browns.

Both are aided by music.

I love it when a level's visuals and music combine to create an atmosphere. Perhaps provide a sense of history for that location too.

EDIT:

Though I disagree that Sonic Team won't do something like this, or it is impossible for them to do so. They have a fantastic Art Director and a very talented team working on visuals, as well as a talented music team backing them up. I think they could pull something like this off, and I hope they do for the next game.

Agreed, agreed, and agreed. I was talking mostly by advertisement and the way the series shows off itself in the public eye, though. The games have tons and loads of great art design and stuff (times 1000 when applying the Hedgehog Engine's coloring and shading magic), but.. I dunno.

It's just how nowadays the advertising for Sonic features really flat colors and an overly plasticy sheen with rigid poses in both the artwork Uekawa does and the CGI renders. Plus the oversaturated colors I mentioned before (specifically on the characters (LOOKING AT YOU, TAILS, WITH YOUR OVERLY YELLOW ASS >8I)).

Just looking at the series from a distance doesn't feel right when this style is whats being used to kinda blanket over it all. The series has always been brilliant with delivering an art style, until Heroes kind of made everything really tacky.. which is direction the advertising peeps decided to showcase the Sonic series with.

Not surprising, though. Iizuka apparently loves that look. Too bad it looks like crap. :'V

I actually really thought the Heroes style visually looked really great (not character model wise but eh) especially after the comparatively dull looking SA2. I still think SA1 has the edge in a good middle ground though.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well I wasn't meaning about the environments, like I said its really seldom that they get that too bad. I mostly meant the way it shows off itself. Like, Heroes was really big on using very bold primary colors, the plastic sheen and heavy gradients on everything. I always thought that looked really tacky but they've been doing that for Sonic art again as of recent.

I can say, even on how deep I want it to return, I know I won't see...

a revival of the Panzer Dragoon series.

I mean sure, Orta might have been the last one released, and of course, it got reviewed fairly well, but that was 10 years ago! Either the Saturn port (or port the PC version, could work too) or a new game with the same style of gameplay mechanics, and a fantastic story, that would be bass. ;_;

that or a new Alex Kidd game, but that will never happen. Goddamnit SEGA and SUMO. ;_;

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Riders in widescreen HD, and online multiplayer. Seriously, that would be pretty awesome.

It would be, except for the fact that it's Sonic Riders.

----

I would seriously love a Sonic SSX game, especially if it controlled like Ice Cap in SA1 with more polish. Sadly, this is never gonna happen, which just makes me sad.