Awoo.

Sonic/Sega related dreams that you feel will never come to fruition?

GenesisCodeX

Sonic Riders in widescreen HD, and online multiplayer. Seriously, that would be pretty awesome.

I would have rather have this over Sonic Free Riders.

Game was shit.

I always had this dream of redoing all of the first three games in 3D, modern environments. Or heck, even 2.5D. Now that Classic Sonic's been introduced (even if as a one-timer), I really want to see the idea take off. Would love to see a Generations-style recreation of the entire classic roster of stages; would do far better than Sonic 4 most certainly. Would also cash in on nostalgia while we're working on newer games.

Sonic Adventure 3.

Seconded. I was with those cheering "SA3!" ad infinitum at Sonic Boom 2012 and proud.

A Sonic game that makes critics and fans shut the fuck up.  Come on, you can't tell me this wouldn't be the best Sonic game ever made!

Niiiiice!

Not Sonic Adventure 3, but a full on Sonic Adventure 1 remake, with completely redone cutscenes in HD (ala that cutscene remade with SFM) with the new voice cast, and more polished gameplay.

• Thumbs Up 3

My list:

• an updated, HD remake of Sonic Adventure 1 & 2. Like, Sonic Unleashed/Colors/Generation type models, graphics, and engine.
  • a 2.5D remake/update to the Master Drive/Game Gear versions of Sonic 1, Sonic 2, and Sonic Triple Trouble. People tend to forget the difficulty level of them, especially the no-ring requisite of the third Act/Boss stage.
  • a goddamn sequel/conclusion to Shenmue with proper online support.
  • a sequel to Skies of Arcadia, Space Channel 5, and other SEGA properties that escape my mind right now.
  • Sonic Adventure 3/Sonic Rush 3/a sequel to the Storybook line featuring Roman/Greek mythology and/or classic Grimm's Fairy Tales
  • to land a penciling/writing gig for one or both of the currently running Archie Sonic comics. (that's not too hard to do, just need to get my lazy ass in gear and draw some goddamn art)
  • A new Sonic title after Generations. They'll get it done eventually. Hopefully soon.
  • Sonic off-shoot titles that feature one of the secondary characters in the main role (i.e. Tails, Amy, Knuckles, etc.)
  • Thumbs Up 1

I guess I'll add the idea of a Mobius RTS to the list. I've always wanted to learn more about Sonic's world's history and politics, but that wouldn't sell very well so I'll never quite see it.

Never mind the difficulty of reconciling the gameplay with the standard RTS formula; you'd essentially only have GUN and Eggman as the factions and that would alienate most fans. Alas, earwax.

Well I wasn't meaning about the environments, like I said its really seldom that they get that too bad. I mostly meant the way it shows off itself. Like, Heroes was really big on using very bold primary colors, the plastic sheen and heavy gradients on everything. I always thought that looked really tacky but they've been doing that for Sonic art again as of recent.

Is that in press images and other advertising things, or actually in game?

Looking at textures in-game, I don't really see the Heroes-esque gloss everywhere, unless its a metallic or wet surface. Everything looks matte or textured. Curious to see an example of what you mean.

Anything that says "Screw you people who constantly moan at anything remotely interesting we try to do! We're sick of constantly pandering to you and your super narrow-minded demographic that holds us back from being anything more than mediocre. we're doing what we want, and we WILL do it right and prove you wrong!" is what I want right now. Sonic feels way too restricted right now.

Edited by 743-E.D. Missile
  • Thumbs Up 1

A 2D Sonic game made the same way the new Megaman games were made, using 16-bit sprites (or in this case, 16 bit sprites)

Or, better yet (or worse, depending on your views) the same style used in Megaman 8, 32-bit sprites biggrin.png

Edited by Dandp

Possibly a SA/SA2 port to handhelds or maybe even iOS. I mean we have JSR on iOS, I imagine SA would fit? And most certainly on a 3DS and Vita!

A rerelease of Segasonic Arcade! Only every played an incredibly glitchy emulator, I'd love to play a real version!

That the next Sonic game will stop with this 'playing it safe' bullshit. I want more than just Sonic playable, I want a better story, you know the drill.

• Thumbs Up 3