Awoo.

Sonic X discussion

VO.SUPER

13775998_1362432867119137_73165501171179

We picked the release date for the Sonic X seasons 1 and 2 collection. It will be released September 27th. This has episodes 1-52 of the English dubbed series. Season 3 will be released in another collection at a later date.

Discotek Facebook

Really digging the menu and the cover art. Really stylish and nice.

Edit: September 27th is also the same day Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice release for the 3DS. Interesting choice of a release date.
Edit 2: Thanks @goku262002 for the heads up! ^^

• Thumbs Up 8

Oh, you're quoting that. probably should fix that so it doesn't look like you are talking @Mysterion.

So, they say that a JP release will be considered if enough sales are acquired through the dub release, but how much of a set up for success or failure are we in for? is it going to be released in all countries? how much time do we have before the window is closed on consideration of a JP/subs release? how much sales need to be acquired before the consideration is met? I'll still support the dub release but I'd just like to know if we actually do have a legitimate shot of getting a subs release.

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Tails, flying? False advertising at its finest.

At the very least I'm not forced to see him in that fucking godawful Tornado X for once 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 7/18/2016 at 6:47 PM, goku262002 said:

[removed]

1 hour ago, Sean said:

But on the baseball episode he flew.  That means it's okay.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, SonicEkkusu said:

And when he fought against Rouge in the Sonic Battle arc.

Oh lol, that arc came and went so quickly that I kind of just forgot about it.  So two episodes out of 78 isn't bad, I guess. XP

The Sonic Battle arc was pretty much filler, which is kinda sad, they could've done a lot with it, but they didn't. To be honest, most of the stuff between the Adventure arcs and the Metarex saga seem like filler. 

7 hours ago, Sean said:

"Well he did it twice in the entire show, so no it's not! >:U"

Not be fair, there's no Chris on the cover, and Sonic's the main character on the box art. There's your false advertising.

• Thumbs Up 5

Also remember that Shadow was only in about 6 of those episodes or so. Still, Shadow would draw in a bigger crowd than Chris.

With this DVD set coming, I wish this would convince Sega to let Archie reprint the comics.

Wow, that cover art is so nice it made me forget about my hatred of Sonic X for one half-second.

Seriously though, it makes it look like a really nice item great for any collector. The kind of thing I would be tempted to pick up just because it's a cool-looking item with Sonic characters on it...though I probably won't considering, ya know, I don't like Sonic X and have plenty of other things I'd rather buy x)

But I just noticed something weird. Look at Tails' pointer finger.

sev49Vm.jpg

ahahahahahhahhaaaaaaa

• Thumbs Up 7

On July 18, 2016 at 3:17 PM, Mysterion said:

Really digging the menu and the cover art. Really stylish and nice.

Edit: September 27th is also the same day Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice release for the 3DS. Interesting choice of a release date.
Edit 2: Thanks @goku262002 for the heads up! ^^

I am so excited they final announced a release date but I'm a little disappointed. Didn't they announce that they were releasing the complete series?? I just assumed they were going to make a complete series set. Also have they announced a price??

40 minutes ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

sev49Vm.jpg

ahahahahahhahhaaaaaaa

I never even noticed that till now, that looks hilarious!

I'm not getting it though. I don't really like Sonic X, especially the dubbed version. Though, that cover art is pretty amazing.

5 hours ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

Wow, that cover art is so nice it made me forget about my hatred of Sonic X for one half-second.

Seriously though, it makes it look like a really nice item great for any collector. The kind of thing I would be tempted to pick up just because it's a cool-looking item with Sonic characters on it...though I probably won't considering, ya know, I don't like Sonic X and have plenty of other things I'd rather buy x)

sev49Vm.jpg

ahahahahahhahhaaaaaaa

Sonic X is filled with so many animation errors that it's only fair that the DVD boxart represents this, atleast it's somewhat representative to what you would see in the show.

• Thumbs Up 2

As much as Sonic X is meh, I would still love for this to release in the UK, even if not in stores, but stuff like Amazon.

It's always been interesting to me, seeing how much hate things I love get when I hop on the internet, especially in this community. I feel like I'm the only adult who continues to adore this show lol. Rewatching on Hulu right now, just got back to Sonic's homeworld. I wish they had kept the older Chris for this arc though, he's much better than the younger one.

5 hours ago, SonicEkkusu said:

I think Discotek Media usually makes their DVDs region-free. I tried asking Brady Hartel (@Ashuraou) on Twitter about this last night, but I haven't gotten a response yet. He'll generally answer people's questions, though.

Let him know of the finger error on the boxart too. thats his artwork on the cover after all, best he gets notified right away.

On July 19, 2016 at 1:16 AM, Sean said:

On July 19, 2016 at 2:26 AM, Tara said:

But on the baseball episode he flew.  That means it's okay.

On July 19, 2016 at 2:32 AM, SonicEkkusu said:

And when he fought against Rouge in the Sonic Battle arc.

On July 19, 2016 at 2:34 AM, Tara said:

Oh lol, that arc came and went so quickly that I kind of just forgot about it.  So two episodes out of 78 isn't bad, I guess. XP

Not a complete list but off the top of my head...

Tails used his flying ability in the baseball ep

the ep where Sonic is in the middle of the ocean and gets a water ski help from Sam Speed when Tails flies over to toss a Ring

at least three times in the Sonic Adventure arc: just after crashing on EggCarrier, to reach the missile, when Chaos stole the last Emerald

1 time during the Adventure 2 arc near the end when heroes and villains team up to reach the core of ARK and the cannon

in the Battle arc against Rouge

in the ep where he and Cosmo decend a deep hole with Knuckles and then later in same ep to fight against Meterex

in an ep where he and Cosmo use it to put decorations in a high place to prepare for a party (I think it was a Chaotix ep)

I can't remember any more right now, I hope this is not a complete list but I agree his ability was not used enough - especially in times it made more sense to use it than not 

edit: Also the ep where Shadow tries to kill Cosmo they fly up a shaft

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/20/2016 at 9:05 PM, BradAric said:

It's always been interesting to me, seeing how much hate things I love get when I hop on the internet, especially in this community. I feel like I'm the only adult who continues to adore this show lol. Rewatching on Hulu right now, just got back to Sonic's homeworld. I wish they had kept the older Chris for this arc though, he's much better than the younger one.

I quite like the Japanese version, but I'm not a fan of the English dub.

Coming from someone who normally watches the English dub when it comes to anime if it's available.

On 7/20/2016 at 3:05 PM, BradAric said:

For me Chris ruined the show for me. My lord he was annoying and unneeded. Also I wish they had stuck with the original season 3 idea instead of the metarix.