Awoo.

Sonic X discussion

VO.SUPER

On 4.09.2016 at 8:58 PM, MetalSkulkBane said:

Dude... this isn't the smartest question. Most people watched Sonic X in one dubbing, three top (english, japanese, person national language). No one will be able to answer your question.

I just was curious. Everybody always can just Google search the other versions. I shared my opinion with you, you can do the same, or just tell me that you don't know. Or just don't write anything. But hey, do what ya want. I'm not your dad.

• 2 weeks later...

December 6th... That's a pretty sweet release since it's so soon. Now hopefully RightStuf will have it up for pre-order soon so I can place my order real quick.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh cool, a Sonic X thread.

I really liked Sonic X, it's kinda where my roots as a fan began. I would play Sonic Heroes and watch reruns of Sonic X on TV every Saturday morning.

I know people trash it pretty hard because Chris and for some reason the dubbing. The only thing I noticed is there's more swearing in the Japanese version, never watched much of it to begin with; and I always felt kind of neutral about Chris. He never really bothered me near much as what people say. Yeah he's a little annoying and sometimes a camera hog, but whatever, long as I see Sonic, lol. That's just my look on it though, that's kind of how I am with everything Sonic.

Sonic X is also where I really fell for Jason's Sonic voice. I still like Ryan Drummond the best though, I think, but Jason's Sonic voice will always have that place in my heart.

Not just Jason, but I like all of the 4Kids voice cast. Which I also noticed gets trashed by some in the community too. But hey, to each their own.

I'm hoping to pick up the series on DVD sometime in the future, I just heard recently that there's going to be a set or something with all the episodes. Here's hoping for Blu-Ray! When I was a kid, I collected the volumes, it's such a mess. Of course there's a specific order for all the episodes, but the volumes don't have an order placed on them. So I had to kinda-sorta memorize them to know which DVD to play first. So yeah, I'm pretty excited for the series set.

• Thumbs Up 1

RightStuf has finally posted their listing for the season 3 box set with the box art!

875707136020_anime-sonic-X-season-3-dvd-

Sonic X Season 3 contains all 26 episodes of the second series.

Six months after returning from the parallel world, Sonic faces off against a mysterious metal warrior, eager to steal the Chaos Emeralds from him. Even in his golden Super form, Sonic proves no match, and has to use Chaos Control to send the Chaos Emeralds away. And that's only the start of his troubles!

More machines show up, making off with the "planet egg" from Sonic's world, the source of all its life energies. Without the planet egg, Sonic's home will perish, and there's no way he'll let that happen! Taking to space aboard Tails' newest invention, the gang heads out to fight this steely foe. But their new friend from another world, Cosmo, is worried. Even if Sonic is the last hope to defeat the Metarex, can he really do it?

Release Date: December 6th, 2016

Pre-order from RightStuf: http://www.rightstufanime.com/Sonic-X-Season-3-DVD

Pre-order from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Sonic-X-Complete-Season-3/dp/B01M7NKWUP/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1476907580&sr=8-1&keywords=Sonic+X+season+3

(Personally, I love season 1/2 cover Discotek came up with much more than season 3 cover, but it's cool that season 3 is cheaper because it has less episodes!)

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/15/2016 at 8:00 PM, SonikkuEkkusu said:

Bad news, guys... Collection 1 is just gonna be for those in Region 1...

http://discotekmedia.com/sonic_x_s1_s2.htm

Maybe you'll be able to hack your DVD players, or Blu-Ray players to make it Region-Free?

For fuck sake. Come the hell on SEGA. You had shit releases of the show in the UK, and have a major movie and TV publisher who's publishing Boom for you. Sonic is one of the most popular series in the UK, and you're legitimately trying to tell me that "no, it's a bad idea to release this in the UK, despite the fact Boom has been very very successful in the country".

Just now, SonikkuEkkusu said:

I don't even think that SEGA are the ones making this Region 1. It's Discotek and TMS. Probably TMS for the most part.

Yes, but obviously SEGA would've had to license the show for distribution in a given country, so I don't get why they couldn't license it out to Universal (Who's currently doing the Boom DVDs) and just re-release both collections in the UK. I mean you'd think one of the countries in which Sonic is most popular might have the potential for giving back a profit, especially when Boom has done well enough to get number 1 channel ratings at times, and is one of the few places with all of Season 1 released on DVD. 

Sonic may be successful in the UK generally, but Sonic X specifically was not. That's probably why releases in the UK are very sparse, as annoying as it is (then again I don't think SatAM or Underground were successful either, but being a DiC property they might be much cheaper to licence). 

25 minutes ago, CuzEyeCan said:

Sonic X is the worst thing to come out of Sonic to this date.

That's not how you spell 06 or Boom.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Soni.exe said:

Boom.

That's a really weird way of spelling "Underground". You might wanna see a doctor

• Thumbs Up 3

Spoiler

I am a doctor, A MAD SALTY AF DOCTOR!

As for those Sonic X DVDs, might get them in the future because while I'm not a huge fan of the show anymore. It was one of my first introductions to the series but you better believe I'm getting those Boom DVDs first when they're available in NA!

• 2 weeks later...

So... Tiny update. 

tumblr_messaging_oftu04xtQf1t0jmsi_1280.

We're now looking at this being the official cover for box set 1 that will be released next week. This was revealed on their official Facebook page today. It's strange that a cover change has happened so late, especially when the original cover that was revealed was very stylish and was like a nod to the style of Japanese Sonic game covers. The only good thing about this is that the background being used is consistent with the box set 2 background. That's about it. Really wish they stuck with the original cover, but eh...

• Thumbs Up 3

I thought the original cover was a bit unfitting for Sonic X. It may be in line with the classic Sonic boxart, but that doesn't really align with Sonic X's image. 

• Thumbs Up 1

You do have a point there. It didn't really align with Sonic X image, though I completely just ignored that because of how great it looked. 

Anyways, Discotek did get back to me and told me that the original cover ended up being denied, so that's why we have the newer cover. Ah, oh well.

The old covers would've worked better, drawn more classic appeal. oh well, generic as it looks guess its alright.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2016 at 6:45 AM, VEDJ-F said:

The classic look is actually why it got rejected. 

Yeah I know, which sucks because it would've got a greater appeal leading to better sales which we need in order for a consideration of a JP/subs release.

But everything from this boxset is just working against itself. from the change in packaging to the limited region release and the fact that this is restricted to just the English dub makes it really unappealing for anyone outside of fans of Sonic X in America. sales for this set are gonna be Niche at best, which makes a uncut JP/subs release very much impossible.

On 10/29/2016 at 3:59 PM, Mysterion said:

So... Tiny update. 

tumblr_messaging_oftu04xtQf1t0jmsi_1280.

We're now looking at this being the official cover for box set 1 that will be released next week. This was revealed on their official Facebook page today. It's strange that a cover change has happened so late, especially when the original cover that was revealed was very stylish and was like a nod to the style of Japanese Sonic game covers. The only good thing about this is that the background being used is consistent with the box set 2 background. That's about it. Really wish they stuck with the original cover, but eh...

There's actually one other thing it has over the previous cover: Tails' pointer finger is actually the right color! :P

On 10/30/2016 at 10:35 PM, BxB-Meister said:

Cv9ZKi0W8AAPt3r.jpg:orig

Eugh, call me picky but that Sonic art just looks off...thanks for reminding me of another thing that's wrong with Sonic X.

I just noticed the "rolling around at the speed of sound", though. That's a cute touch! :)