Awoo.

Sonic X discussion

VO.SUPER

I dunno. I feel like the animation became a lot worse in Season 3.

For as bad as Season 3's animation could get, it didn't have stinkers like episodes 18, 27, 36 and 47. They were the epitome of terribad animation in Sonic X.

For as bad as Season 3's animation could get, it didn't have stinkers like episodes 18, 27, 36 and 47. They were the epitome of terribad animation in Sonic X.

Don't forget episode 24, I thought the animation fell really flat in that episode.

https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/1931452188/035.jpg

Edited by Red Wisp

This show is confusing to me, it really depends on the episode if I like it or not. I'd say that the episodes with the best animation were probably my favorite ones.

I have to wonder if that ring ability Sonic had (where Sonic can use the spin dash) was somehow inspired by SaTAM, because I know that was never a thing in the games.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have to wonder if that ring ability Sonic had (where Sonic can use the spin dash) was somehow inspired by SaTAM, because I know that was never a thing in the games.

Edited by sonfan1984

The power levels in this series are bullshit; Sonic constantly fluctuates in power, there's the aforementioned situation in the above post, and then Sonic is able to swing robots twice his size as easy as Knuckles, or somehow push a giant mech off of him, then he goes down like a pussy against Shadow. Knuckles seems to be weaker too considering he's never able to take down an opponent without some outside help, meanwhile Sonic & Shadow are one shotting almost everything before them. And speaking of Shadow, this is by far his most overpowered incarnation as he never cleanly loses a fight, and wins with little to no effort on his part, he runs over Sonic & Knuckles in Episode 73, takes on an entire Metarex fleet and wins, it's just bullshit.

• Thumbs Up 6

Its been awhile since I've watched the show, but I could swear Sonic didn't always need a ring to spin dash.

Didn't Tails make those rings?

It's because Sonic X also started the whole 'inhibitor rings' angle with Shadow which cause him to become insanely OP (something that would be used in Sonic 06).

Its been awhile since I've watched the show, but I could swear Sonic didn't always need a ring to spin dash.

Didn't Tails make those rings?

It's because Sonic X also started the whole 'inhibitor rings' angle with Shadow which cause him to become insanely OP (something that would be used in Sonic 06).

As pointless as the "inhibitor rings" are, I'd swallow that much more if there was a significant drawback to using it, I mean maybe if he keeps them off too long he risks killing himself or some shit like that. This is what makes Shadow so OP to begin with, he has all of this power but no significant drawbacks whatsoever, in addition to all of the abilities he has from Sonic. I mean everyone has something that balances them out, except him, it's ass.

I think in episode 23 when Sonic and Knuckles were fighting Eggman's robot (Weazel/Weazo) at one point Sonic spindashed once without using the ring then Knuckles attacked the robot then Sonic used his spin attack again (without the ring) then it was destroyed. He used the ring for most episodes but there were times when he could spin dash without them.

Sonic does spin a lot without a ring in this series, which makes it even weirder on why he even needs one to begin with.

I do recall in episode 73 that Shadow was weakened to the point of near-collapse when his rings slip off when Knuckles throws him smack into a wall. Of course, Shadow was still overpowered as hell in that episode, managing to defeat everyone without a sweat accept for Amy and Cream.

He also annihilates Pale Bay Leaf's fleet in episode 68 after Molly dies without any drawbacks. He does so much damage to Bay Leaf that he succeeds in decapitating him.

Was there any doubt at the start of the series that this took place after SA1 and 2? It always seemed strange to me that they then decide to do the game plots anyway.

SA1 and SA2 had were the first Sonic games with actual humans in it, and the way Sonic X was set up they really couldn't have SA1 and 2 already happen due to Sonic's Planet being all animals and one human.

Was there any doubt at the start of the series that this took place after SA1 and 2? It always seemed strange to me that they then decide to do the game plots anyway.

I'm not quite sure what you mean. The series begins with Sonic and his friends arriving in Station Square for the first time.

Part of the reason I like Shadow is because he's so overpowered. But I know that there are significant drawbacks to that.

I've seen Japanese episodes of Sonic X, and I think that 4kids really fucked it up. The Japanese Sonic X episodes are almost always four minutes longer than English episodes. It's shocking how much 4kids removed. Lines, scenes, important plot points, cool music...I guess 4kids thinks that it's just too "mature" for us.

And you know what? Japanese kids were just fine with Sonic X. I hate 4kids.

Part of the reason I like Shadow is because he's so overpowered. But I know that there are significant drawbacks to that.

I've seen Japanese episodes of Sonic X, and I think that 4kids really fucked it up. The Japanese Sonic X episodes are almost always four minutes longer than English episodes. It's shocking how much 4kids removed. Lines, scenes, important plot points, cool music...I guess 4kids thinks that it's just too "mature" for us.

And you know what? Japanese kids were just fine with Sonic X. I hate 4kids.

Japanese kids barely watched Sonic X actually. Most of them were watching the Magical Girl series it was competing with, enough for them never to see the end of season 3, until it hit Ondemand.

I'm not quite sure what you mean. The series begins with Sonic and his friends arriving in Station Square for the first time.

Tails's plane already transformed, seemed like that would have already happened.

Use to like it as a kid, but I really dislike it now, and I have my reasons.

1. Spolight-Stealing Squad that is the ungrateful bastard that is Chris, his friends/family, and essentially any human that wasn't a member of the Robotnik family. Not to mention when the going got rough, the actual fight scenes just seemed very sub-par.

2. Flanderization/character derailment of the characters, with Amy's flanderization being the most noticable. Sonic did jack shit for the most part aside from napping (because being a tider, lazy fuck totally fits the bill of Sonic's personality, right?) from placing some kid he barely knew on a higher friendship pedestal over his lifelong best friend and sleep around, Tails became a walking toolbox who falls in love for a plant in S3 (honestly, can you really say this sentence without laughing or remarking on how moroonic that sounds, lack of elaboration intentional?), Knuckles became a gullible idiot Butt Monkey, Shadow became pretty much turned into an unbeatable Hedgehog Jesus in terms of abilities, and Amy became.....a total alpha bitch in sheep's clothing. That's not even mentioning Eggman and the Super Dark Sonic scene...ugh.

3. I overall found numerous plots of the episodes I watched to be just lacking at best and incredibly boring at worst. Then again, a main reason for this was reason 1 above.

4. The frequent fuckups and inconsistencies in animation (so many, we have an entire on them-courtsey of Verte!).

5. The 4Kids dub. That's all that needs to be said, really; although I've heard the original JP dub isn't all that great either.

Edited by Miku Hatsune
  • Thumbs Up 1

I hated the 3D in this show. Why they decided Sonic needed to turn into a technicolor ball of magical wonder any time he used the spin attack was beyond me, and the episode(s) where they use the 3D ball to give him cartoony wheel legs are vomit-worthy. I think he uses a non-3D spin dash once in the Sonic vs. Knuckles episode (to cut a tree in half), and it looked so great.

On top of that, though, this show was retarded.

I can't stand Sonic X. I hate what they did to the characters. They turned Tails into a fixer-sue. They made Knuckles a retard, they made Amy into a psycho, and they made Robotnik into a joke.

And in later Sonic games, the characters started to act the same way that they acted in Sonic X.

I can't stand Sonic X. I hate what they did to the characters. They turned Tails into a fixer-sue. They made Knuckles a retard, they made Amy into a psycho, and they made Robotnik into a joke.

And in later Sonic games, the characters started to act the same way that they acted in Sonic X.

I honestly think Eggman has only benefited from that characterization, but I agree with you about the others. Especially Amy.

She used to be a nice girl who simply had an unwanted crush, but now she's a violent tsundere who's completely defined by her love for Sonic.

I like it too but I haven't seen it in a while so maybe my memory is tricking me into thinking it was good.

I loved it for being the closest adaptation to the games.

they made Amy into a psycho

I don't mind cartoon characters go insane like Amy.

Long time no see, and I had seen worse animated shows.

Edited by Applejack1973