Awoo.

Sonic X discussion

VO.SUPER

I was always under the impression that the writers did the whole dual worlds thing to sort of bridge the gap between the Japanese game canon and the old English localization where Sonic and friends come from Mobius.

hi i am new to the site, and thought joining this discussion because the topic interests me. Well I'll be quick, I remember when I heard the rumor of Sonic X in 2003 and now in 2004 I went crazy when I saw the first commercial that was released in October, was released here in Argentina in 2004, however when Sonic X was released one began to disappoint me, to get started art was lousy, the characters were disproportionate, could not believe that this was an anime, the music was awful but that was because of 4Kids, dubbing was boring and without intention, this dubbing into Spanish was based on the English dub and the worst was the plot of each episode.

to desir truth, not reached his heels as Kirby or Pokemon series, it was the fault of the writers who could not turn the argument around Sonic, Tails or the others, so we created to Chris to have a fixed point on plot and so little to develop a character for an episode. That's why the other characters and Sonic have little limelight throughout the series.

I am sorry if error is the fault of google translator fucking and finally I was wondering if there was a post about Sonic Generations PC version because I have some problems with the game.

hi i am new to the site, and thought joining this discussion because the topic interests me. Well I'll be quick, I remember when I heard the rumor of Sonic X in 2003 and now in 2004 I went crazy when I saw the first commercial that was released in October, was released here in Argentina in 2004, however when Sonic X was released one began to disappoint me, to get started art was lousy, the characters were disproportionate, could not believe that this was an anime, the music was awful but that was because of 4Kids, dubbing was boring and without intention, this dubbing into Spanish was based on the English dub and the worst was the plot of each episode.

to desir truth, not reached his heels as Kirby or Pokemon series, it was the fault of the writers who could not turn the argument around Sonic, Tails or the others, so we created to Chris to have a fixed point on plot and so little to develop a character for an episode. That's why the other characters and Sonic have little limelight throughout the series.

Your not the only one, I too was ready for the new show. When I first saw it, sonic was in a manson (didn't see the first episode). I was thinking what the hell is this shit and turned it off after watching 10 min of it.

I know no-one actually likes the idea of it, but for what it's worth - I sort of LIKED that Sonic didn't get 99% of the screentime. Sonic's always running around exploring and having fun and being a daredevil and the show sort of explored how that is from his friends' perspective. That's not a storyline you could really do in a game because... well you play as the guy, lol.

It's the fact said screentime is taken by Chris and not shared out more fairly really, and sometimes it seemed like Sonic was pushed into being overly solitary and quiet in order to focus on Chris.

Edited by Mysterics

Eh, I always thought the whole Tails/Cosmo subplot was Narmy as hell; the JP version didn't really help in this regard.

• Thumbs Up 3

Animal/Plant love. nnnnnooooooooot as creepy as Animal/Human love. So thumbs up Tailsmo!

For some reason adding random human characters into the mix is like a Japanese staple. They do it all the time with Transformers (And so do we ugh...) Human characters can work in situations like this. You just have to make them extraordinary. Like Sari Sumdac or something. I love Sari. And I pretty much hate every human side kick ever in the Transformers Franchise. Well to be honest its mostly the kids. A few of the adults from the comic book are okay. But they have a reason to interact with massive robot aliens. The kids never do.

Edited by Dejablue

I always thought it was one of those "true wuv" animu romances. I think the reason the Tails/Cosmo romance was bad was......well for one there was no real reason as to why they fell for each other(before Episode 66, I can't recall them spending an enormous amount of time together), and Tails is a fucking kid, I've never seen kids in such a serious relationship. I mean they could have kept it light like maybe Tails having a small crush on her, but that's about it.

In Sonic X, we don't know how old anybody is.

Actually we do. The eyecatchers before and after every ad break in the original version except for episode 52 had information on the main characters including their ages. And Sonic even states his age in episode 20 when asked.

Edited by Vertekins

To reiterate what I said before, it's been ages since I watched the show, so my memory could just be making it seem better than it actually was, but I seem to remember being fond of Chris and the other human characters.

Chris gets a lot of flack for all the screentime he receives, but I think he was intended to be the primary protagonist of the show all along. Which, obviously, doesn't sit well with many people. But I didn't mind it immensely. I did, however, dislike when the writers would shove Chris into the spotlight at the expense of the other characters. Especially in the Sonic Adventure 2 arc where he was given Amy's role in convincing Shadow to save the world. Like I said in a previous post, the show already removed most of Amy's redeeming qualities, so changing that scene was a really poor decision.

Eight years old "kid" who builds rockets, planes and even pilot them.

But is still supposed to be emotionally immature.

It was a random fighting tournament. It was pretty funny to me. Especially since Cream beat Emerl wtf.

Omg I want to do a Sonic X RP. But that could go wrong about 1000 ways.

Edited by Dejablue

That's...really the point, pretty much. Half the plot of Sonic Battle was delving into the link between the key past events from SA1 and SA2, as well as showing each character responding to a new face who shows up and tags along as they go about their own daily lives and unknowingly (until the end) influence Emerl and slowly make him more conscious. The Battle arc in Sonic X just had the fighting part, and a little bit of the Cream story in a loose way.

Edited by Wally Gator

Yeah, I don't know why they even bothered to include Emerl if they were going to do away with everything else pertaining to Battle's story.

They wasted a perfectly good plot. :(

• 5 months later...

Sonic X 10th Anmiversary comes in a month. (April 6 for Japan)

No new show on the way, not even rumours. What the fuck, Sega?

• Thumbs Up 1

Meh, I'd rather celebrate the 10 year anniversary of the date the show ended.