Awoo.

Ryan Drummond Almost Returned

TheDanimator

I'm about to edit this into my original post on Page 3, but I'll put it here too:

SEGA had meetings about Ryan's union status. They spent enough money to cover at least sixteen games of Ryan Drummond acting just on airfare, hotels, and food for the executives from Japan to take part in these meetings.

• Thumbs Up 2

They spent enough money to cover at least sixteen games of Ryan Drummond acting just on airfare, hotels, and food for the executives from Japan to take part in these meetings.

Um, yes, uh, you sir. Yeah, you. Can you please stop posting about this? You're making me excessively bitter. x3

• Thumbs Up 3

Sorry Nepenthe. >:

I think I'm going to stop at this point. I'm sure I've covered all the large details I'm allowed to at this point anyway.

...I don't think David Humphrey is union though! Save Shadow!

Edited by XD375

No, keep going, this is a really good, if raw and unpleasant, look at the inner workings of the industry.

That was a response to Nepenthe, not the post directly above. :[

Edited by Wally Gator
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bah, I'm just joshing. =P

Anyway, speaking of David Humphrey, has Sega ever talked to him since, or better yet, did he audition again too? I figure he and Ryan are somewhat close, considering Ryan recommended him for Shadow, so I'm just curious if that connection held out or if you even know anything about it.

• Thumbs Up 4

You know, I'm perfectly happy with Roger, and Jason wasn't too bad, but Ryan's always been my favorite, and to hear what SEGA did to him makes me sick to my stomach. Seriously lost some respect for SEGA for pulling that on Ryan. The only thing that would make this worse is if they did the same to Humphrey. This whole thing makes me miss both Ryan and David even more.

• Thumbs Up 2

No, keep going, this is a really good, if raw and unpleasant, look at the inner workings of the industry.

I agree. Sorry, Nephy, but as much as this news is like a rusty sword to the gut, we may as well hear the full story. All of it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, if the man want to be Sonic again, why didn't SEGA re-hire him to record again in the re-release of Sonic Adventure 2? That would probaly fix most of the weird lip sync and lifeless VA.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, if the man want to be Sonic again, why didn't SEGA re-hire him to record again in the re-release of Sonic Adventure 2? That would probaly fix most of the weird lip sync and lifeless VA.

I was going to bring this up earlier but I wasn't sure which thread to do it in.

I'd love a redub of SA2 with Ryan Drummond and David Humphrey reprising their old roles. Maybe it would have been possible.

Maybe.

In other news, my daily reps ran out and now I can't like any of this page's posts. ;_; I'll keep a bookmark!

>Dat feel when Ryan would've had a role in Wreck-it Ralph.

What? Just saying, though Roger sounds great in that scene still.

• Thumbs Up 3

I feel so bad for these actors afterwards. Like that interview with jason awhile back made me feel so bad for the guy. He seemed to like doing sonic as well. Now this thing with Ryan. seriously I want to give these guys a huge hug!

• Thumbs Up 1

If they'd redub redubbed SA2, that would mean no Deem Bristow and I don't want that. :-/

Perhaps try to re-hire the VA who are still alive (RIP Deem) to do they roles again. If not all of them want it, keep the old voices.

I just saying that, because I'm feeling really bad about Ryan, after reading that article :/

Wow. I do feel bad for Ryan about this. I'm perfectly fine with Roger, but still...

I hope something works out in the future. I know a lot of people liked him.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, reading XD's post, I almost began to enrage..

Honestly, I'm perfectly fine with Roger, and I always found a way to appreciate all of Sonic's VA's, but even then, Ryan was pretty good.

I mean, he had a nice way of giving Sonic attitude, without making it sound like stopping Eggman was a becoming a boor to him.

Overall, I'm pretty much confused right now..

not to mention with Roger people that aren't Sonic fans mostly say "He's voicing Sonic?!cool! LOVED HIM AS EZIO AND CHRIS!!biggrin.png"

Edited by Pepsiman

I explained that on Page 3, Jango. SEGA of America loves him which lead to his sneaky inclusion in that trailer.

Hum... sorry for reposting that xD But what's up with SEGA anyway? Do they like him or not?

The Japanese workers at the auditions loved his acting too.

It's just someone at SEGA of Japan or Sammy doesn't want to hire him if he's still in his union.