Awoo.

Ryan Drummond Almost Returned

TheDanimator

>Makes statement everyone's tired of that was begging to be corrected.

>"Why so serious you guys?"

I wasn't implying that Ryan sucked because he was given shitty lines. I was making a freaking joke. I even said 'but seriously' after the joke to make it even more obvious. Why do some of you people take everything literally?

Edited by DJScriptify

To be fair, what they did to Ryan really was nothing short of dickish on their part.

It was a dick move, but we got Roger in the end. We are lucky we didn't get a worse voice actor.

Where insulting them due to their generally dickish behavior regarding Ryan Drummond, them creating Sonic isn't even relevant to our gripes with them in this instance.

So you're telling Sega to fuck off? Have you heard Sega's part of the story on why they want Ryan out of his union? We are just assuming Sega did all of this to ruin Ryan? After they want him back so much?!

Two hectic asian guys created Sonic, and they aren't even part of the team anymore. Your point is rendered null in any instance xD

Okay, I'll change it. This is how you repay Sega after keeping Sonic the Hedgehog alive.

Why do some of you people take everything literally?

Because we've heard it all before a million times. We know Heroes has bad writing and we don't need to be reminded every time Ryan Drummond is brought up.

Edited by XD375
  • Thumbs Up 2

I wasn't implying that Ryan sucked because he was given shitty lines. I was making a freaking joke. I even said 'but seriously' after the joke to make it even more obvious. Why do some of you people take everything literally?

Well, I apologize, but you did lay it on a bit thick with the meme-ish pic. I honestly thought you were trying to get a rise out of people in the thread.

Because we've heard it all before a million times. We know Heroes has bad writing and we don't need to be reminded every time Ryan Drummond is brought up.

Can't people just shrug off the joke? I've never seen people joke about Heroes' writing except for 1 or 2 times on a Sonic forum. Anyway, I never hated Ryan but I prefer Roger. It may have just been poor direction but I like Roger's more mature take. (Which is probably just good direction along with his talent).

Well, I apologize, but you did lay it on a bit thick with the meme-ish pic. I honestly thought you were trying to get a rise out of people in the thread.

Nah I'm sorry too, I admit the troll face pic could get that reaction haha.

Edited by DJScriptify

I think Jason Griffith is the most attractive Sonic voice actor.

Jaleel White is.

Jaleel+White+Paper+Magazine+2011+Nightlife+j3U3y3ZkERRl.jpg

Oh yessss.

Edited by sonfan1984

Okay, I'll change it. This is how you repay Sega after keeping Sonic the Hedgehog alive.

They keep the series alive because it benefits them. There's really no reason to be thankful for that (Especially after considering what they've done with the series in the past :-P)

Hogfather raised some good counter points. It seems it got lost in the crowd though.

Agreed, though there was also the part in the interview about Ryan getting most of his income from said Union. I mean, the man's got two kids now, 'gotta keep the cash-flow coming in.

Edited by Inferno

I think Jason Griffith is the most attractive Sonic voice actor.

That's not even a contest.

Jason_Griffith.jpg

No homo but he is hunkalicious.

Edited by Kiovle
  • Thumbs Up 2

Was Jason immune to this whole union hurdle because he worked for 4Kids, or did he have the same non-union situation as Roger?

Omo Chao beats everything.

1393925-laura_bailey_large.jpg

Omochao is good, but then there's also Elise:

"You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day" ;w;

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 6

Was Jason immune to this whole union hurdle because he worked for 4Kids, or did he have the same non-union situation as Roger?

I believe that all of the 4Kids voice actors are non-union.

Edited by chaoscontrol14

Pfft. I don't know if you're serious or not.

I could ask you the same thing; you called the dude with a brow that makes him look perpetually angry the most attractive of the lot. =/

Are you asking whether or not he got the part in the games because of 4Kids? I thought that mainly came down to Sega wanting the casting between the show and the games to be consistent across all regions.

Yeah, 4Kids is non-union.

Hogfather's post is very well-researched, but the fact still remains that SEGA straight-up told Ryan he was gonna be Sonic again. It would be a bit different if Ryan already knew about these limitations beforehand, but he didn't. SEGA took him along for a ride and then expected him to just abandon his entire income.

• Thumbs Up 1

Omo Chao beats everything.

1393925-laura_bailey_large.jpg

Omochao is good, but then there's also Elise:

79502.jpg

Are you asking whether or not he got the part in the games because of 4Kids? I thought that mainly came down to Sega wanting the casting between the show and the games to be consistent across all regions.

What do you mean by all regions?

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 6