Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: The Thread

Chili Dawg

Wrath of Cortex is the only Crash game I own and I pretty much agree with the general census.

It's not a bad game by any means. In fact it's a pretty decent 3D/2D Platformer when all's said and done, but the fact of the matter is that it brought nothing to to the franchise other than slightly better graphics. Some of the levels were annoying (fucking Mech stages) and of course, those load times were ungodly.

I also played Crash 3 considerably at a friend's house when I was younger and that was a very fun game, I especially liked the levels where you're riding the tiger.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've grown up with Crash Bandicoot, he's the main reason I love platforming, who knows what I would be like without him. Now, if I were to say favorite Crash Bandicoot games, I'd have to say Crash Twinsanity or Crash Bandicoot 2. Crash Bandicoot 2 for the nostaglia and fun gameplay, and Crash Twinsanity for the epic music, hilarious script, and awesome platforming (Just wish Twinsanity was a bit longer). Now with the whole Titans/Mind over Mutant deal, I didn't hate the games or anything, but I really didn't like the gameplay as much, and I had a strong dislike for the redesigns of some of my favorite characters. The only good thing about those games are Dr. Neo Cortex though, well...lets face it, every game after Twinsanity was only awesome because of Cortex, he was just hilarious. I don't know how, but Lex Lang made him my absolute favorite Crash Bandicoot character after I played Twinsanity.

Now we'll start with the whole Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale ordeal. Ever since Playstation All-Stars has been announced, I've been hoping to see a reveal of Crash Bandicoot. Mostly because he started nearly everything, he was the guy that made the Playstation one of the hottest systems of it's time. I hope with all my heart the Bandicoot makes his big return in this fighter, but I highly doubt he'll be included, I won't stop hoping though....

Now, here's the last part of this post. Crash Bandicoot has gave me many great memories, starting all the way with Crash 2. His games have always made me happy, no matter if they feature tattoos or monsters, his games always have a certain charm to them that make me proud to be a Crash Bandicoot fan, and I hope one day he makes a return.

• Thumbs Up 2

Crash Bandicoot 1, 2, 3 & Crash Team Racing on PS1 were awesome games. Easily a match for the Spyro trilogy. The Crash Bandicoot games on the PS2 were complete shit. Small mention for Twinsanity.

Well, I only played the original one, Team Racing, Wrath of Cortex, Titans and the Spyro crossover for the GBA.

Most of those games where fun, but I didn't grow up with them so there isn't that special feel about them for me.

Like I said those games where fun and somewhat challenging (especially the first one and Wrath of Cortex) and had a good time playing them with my friends.

Now that there is Playstation All-Stars coming out in some months I started hearing about Crash everywhere and decided to play the games again, I'm going through Team Racing now.

Now that I said all this, I think that Crash should return again even if it is for a Team Racing sequel like the one planned in 2010 and I think that Playstation All-Stars is a good place to reintroduce him by now.

Just no Crash in Skylanders. No, just fuck that.

Edited by Tmsp

I hadn't played a Crash Bandicoot game since the PS1 games until I played Crash of the Titans on PSP and then its follow-up, again on PSP. I loved the PS1 games and I quite enjoyed Crash of the Titans and Crash: Mind Over Mutant. I wouldn't want the series to continue with the mutants, though; I want to play as Crash.

The Crash series is one of my personal favorites and with the exception of Crash Boom Bang on the ds, I've enjoyed all the games for the most part, even the Post ND ones. Sure they aren't perfect but the newer games aren't as bad as some would make them sound.

Crash Bandicoot is probably my favorite platform game series (second only to Sonic).

I absolutely love the original 3 games, CTR, and to some extent, Wrath of Cortex (some levels are REALLY annoying).
Didn't really like Twinsanity or Crash of the Titans, but Mind Over Mutant was pretty fun to play in co-op with my brother.

My favorite is probably Crash 2 or 3, but Crash 3 is the only one I've beaten 100%

It really is a shame Crash hasn't seen an action since 2008.

Edited by Person

I loved Crash 2 and 3, played them religiously when I was younger. Recently 100%'d Crash 2, as a matter of fact. I really love the original concept art/character designs, they have such an interesting and awesome style, especially the Komodo Bros. and Tiny Tiger (who kinda looks like Samuel L. Jackson now).

I haven't played Crash since Twinsanity and Tag Team Racing (PS2/PSP). I also played the Spyro crossover on GBA, I didn't bother finishing Tag Team Racing though and I never actually got to play the the PS1 games or Wrath Of Cortex and Mind Over Mutant. Although I think there was one time I played a bit of Crash 3 at my cousin's house.

Edited by Red Wisp

i love the first 3 games, Warped being my ultimate favourite, but CTR and Bash were also amazing spin offs, i prefer CTR to all kart racers (with the exception of MK DD) but i recently bought and played Twinsanity and well.. hated it, i hated the whole free roaming and no-direct-goals, it felt like a dragged out adventure, i mean i fucking loved the humour and Crash & Cortex interaction, but everything else didn't feel crash like at all.

Nitro Kart was also a decent follow up to CTR, adding modern Crash elements and designs and bringing the racer into anti-grav racing... however Tag-Team racing felt like a forced Crash game, they tried to make a free-roam theme park platformer, with gates leading to incredibly short and boring races with poor design and low challenge, the only thing decent was the cool transforming and morphing with other racers, but it was a very dull title overall.

i didn't mind Crash of the Titans, but was sour about it scrapping the original Crash concept... i hope we see more of the Bandicoot in the future.

The keyword with Crash (like for Spyro) is "nostalgia": this series is not only a pillar in the Playstation history, but in videogames history as well. Like Megaman, Mario or Sonic, Crash had an important place in a lot of kids' heart (like me), and seeing the series reduced in the actual state is sad.

By now, most people wanted Crash in PS All-Stars Battle Royal for bitching, but who started the request were the true Crash fans that want for this mascot the right tribute as an icon.

My story with Crash is really simple: first 3 games, CTR, Bash, Nitro Kart and Twinsanity, and i loved all this titles. Let's just say also that CTR was powerful enough for making my father (a person who hates videogames) playing it happily.

On the "reboot" series i just say that i don't like the new character design, even if not compared to the previous one. Still, i hope for a future title that can bring justice to Crash.

Edited by Teoskaven
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh goody.

I've been playing Crash Bandicoot 2 lately and after not playing it for a decade I really love it for what its worth. Its pretty fun and additive. Its a shame I never got to play it as much as I did now.

I've also played Twinsanity, which while I love it I wish there was more stuff to it as Cortex mentioned there was gonna be another dimension but they ran out of time. :/ I really love the Academy of Evil levels though.

Finally I've played 2 of the 3 kart racing games and they're fun for the most part. CTR does rely a lot on top speed a lot though, so Dingodile and Tiny are some of the best racers in the game. So yeah.

Essentially, Crash is my childhood and the reason I'm interested in gaming. The first game I've ever played was Crash Bash, which got me interested into the series at quite a young age. While I was young I could've been given any crash game and loved it, though now I've learned and can tell a good game from bad. I adore the original Trilogy, CTR and Twinsanity. In my opinion The GBA games were good and Wrath of Cortex was....okay. My favorites would have to be 2,3 and Twinsanity. I do find Twinsanity to be the most glitchy, but I have such nostalgia for it and I love its atmosphere the most. I can care less for the Radical games. Overall I love Crash, and want him to come back!

Edited by KoalaPoop

Crash >>>>> Sonic.

Ok, not currently.

Let's see. Crash Bandicoot was the first 3D game I ever played in my life. I was 9 years old when my dad bought me an used PS1 from a man on his office. I had no games, but I remember a kid of my neighborhood saying that he also had the PS1, and Crash Bandicoot game, and that he would never borrow it (what a prick). So I went to the local store and asked for Crash Bandicoot. The seller showed me the original Crash and I said: -that's the one! Back home I put the CD on... Holy shit. I've never seen 3D games in my life. I automatically fell in love with the game. The visuals, the music, the character. Everything was just amazing. The game was hard as fuck tho, but I've keep playing it non-stoping, writing down the passwords. So many game-overs in Sunset Vista. After some big and fun time, I've finished Crash 1, not 100%, but finished it. So I heard that the game has a sequel! I decided then to bought the Crash Trilogy. Sadly, the Crash 2 didn't work (pirated, sue me). So I've jumped to Crash 3. Loved the game from the start to the very ending. Later on, I could play Crash 2 (borrow from a friend). Loved the game even more than Crash 3.

But then... I bought Crash Team Racing. YES. I believe the ammount of time I've spent playing this game is enough to finish Final Fantasy XII two times. I fucking love it. Did you ever played it in 4-players in a 14' TV? AMAZING. Heck, today I saw how shit is, but back in time "WOW SHIT, FOUR PLAYERS", the TV size was no problem. I still think CTR is the BEST racing game I've ever played, it's too damn solid and fun. Yes, I've played ALL Mario Karts (well, except 7).

I also bought Crash Bash later on, enjoyed it A LOT, especially doing the Adventure mode in 2 players.

Later on, when I bought a PS2, my first Crash game was Twinsanity. I fucking LOVE this game, music, script, the humor, everything. Yeah, I know it's a bug fest, but man, the free-roam was well welcomed to me, 'till Twinsanity the Crash games were limited to warp rooms and I was a little tired of it.

I also bought Wrath of Cortex, meh.

Crash Tag Team Racing, like it a lot.

Crash of the Titans, enjoyed.

Crash Mind Over Mutant, meh.

So that's it. Crash Bandicoot was, just like Sonic, one of my childhood icons. My head itches when I think that the PS3 has no Crash games! So, like many of you, I'm here, standing and waiting 'till Activision make a move and release a new Crash game. I'm not very confident, because WE know, that only ND could bring Crash back how he should, but sadly it ain't gonna happen.

Edited by Jango

Looking at those scrapped character designs, I really like that resort alligator. The others are kinda boring imo.

I always knew Oxide wasn't mean to be playable. And to be completely honest, I've never wanted to play as him tongue.png Tho, I keepng questioning myself why they didn't included Komodo Moe, Nitrus Brio or even Spyro (I once came across a cheat code to unlock him as a racer, pure hoax!)

Edited by Jango

Yeah, I never really thought too much about Komodo Moe, I figured they probably just decided one Komodo was enough, but I always did wonder where the fuck Brio was. The manual even lists the red and green bottle power ups as "N. Brio's Bottles" or something to that effect. I'd bet money that he was at least considered at some point.

I remember trying to beat the Oxide time-trial times on each of the eighteen levels in Crash Team Racing. They were fucking hard. You literally had to power-slide constantly for the full three laps and take every short cut (which Oxide also did), in order to beat his times. An amazing challenge. Just as hard as the platinum time relic challenges, if not more so.

I have a theory on the whole character roster thing lying elsewhere. Won't bother copy/pasting it unless people want it, but basically I think the cut character was Koala Kong.