Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: The Thread

Chili Dawg

I agree that he looks like a Skylander, my brother has a shitload of those and the art style is very similar.

I don't really like this redesign, even the design from Mutants looked better. His face looks way too cartoony and retarded even for Crash standarts and the arms/hands are deformed as shit like Popeye.

Overall he looks like some anthropomorphic abomination that you would see in a cereal box.

Edit: This is how I see it.

9R8oQ.png

5 glorious minutes in Paint.

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 9

Crash is getting a new redesign already? Didn't he just get one 5 or 6 years ago?

Okay, this design doesn't look bad. After taking a closer look it reminds me of his older design.

Edited by sonfan1984

Is it me or does Crash's arms in that picture look a bit longer (and thicker) than usual. It makes him look more like a gorilla.

Edited by Robin John Blake

First my Star Wars episode 7 reaction status update right before the news of one coming from Disney broke a few days later, and now this:

Inferno

Reaction: the cancelled 2010 Crash Bandicoot game is revived and resumes production. ipb.png Yesterday, 09:31 PM

Probably not the same game, if one's even being made at all, but, should I like, make a reaction status about world peace or the cure for the cold or something? :x

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 2

I actually don't mind the redesign as long as Crash will be back in action again.

1h8pj.png

He doesn't look too bad, but his arms remind me of Vector's:

vector01.jpg

My only problem is how big his hands are, but other then that I like it. His face reminds me of the original design and looks much better then the tattoo-covered modern looking Crash

Also looks better then the 2010 design

crash2010.jpg

First my Star Wars episode 7 reaction status update right before the news of one coming from Disney broke a few days later, and now this:

Probably not the same game, if one's even being made at all, but, should I like, make a reaction status about world peace or the cure for the cold or something? :x

"Reaction: Nintendoga gets $1million dollars from winning the lottery"

*cough* just saying

• Thumbs Up 3

His eyes look a bit weird. Make it seem like he's supposed to be cute. The proportions also seem a bit odd. And he was popeye arms..

I prefer the recent tatooed design. I was never really a big fan of the original one, to be honest. Always looked a bit too stupid to me.

I agree that he looks like a Skylander, my brother has a shitload of those and the art style is very similar.

I don't really like this redesign, even the design from Mutants looked better. His face looks way too cartoony and retarded even for Crash standarts and the arms/hands are deformed as shit like Popeye.

Overall he looks like some anthropomorphic abomination that you would see in a cereal box.

For me, this redesign makes him look alot less retarded, more like the classic crash.

Edited by Guest

I think that design of Crash looks great. I've never really disliked any design they gave him, though I think that falls much more in line with the original Crash I remember. Werehog arms aside, of course. 

I really like it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Lose the Popeye arms and we'll be golden.

BUT WHO HONESTLY GIVES A FUCK WE MAY BE SEEING CRASH AGAIN AAAAAAAWWWWWWWW YYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAHHH WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hot damn! But what does Vicarious Visions has to do with anything, Crash's owned by Activision and VV last game was the original Nitro Kart, so?... what happened? Does Activision will publish the game and VV will make it?! Awesome!!! But how will VV handle a platforming game if that's the case? I would be less concerned if it was Traveller's Tales there, but who cares, Crash may return! And by the way, I'm the only one who noticed the guy left to Crash's poster is wearing an Anamanaguchi t-shirt? Soundtrack by Anamana confirmed! XD

Oh, and this new design is... more or less, I liked it better than the Titans at least :D

Edited by Jango

Hot damn! But what does Vicarious Visions has to do with anything, Crash's owned by Activision and VV last game was the original Nitro Kart, so?... what happened? Does Activision will publish the game and VV will make it?! Awesome!!! But how will VV handle a platforming game if that's the case? I would be less concerned if it was Traveller's Tales there, but who cares, Crash may return! And by the way, I'm the only one who noticed the guy left to Crash's poster is wearing an Anamanaguchi t-shirt? Soundtrack by Anamana confirmed! XD

Oh, and this new design is... more or less, I liked it better than the Titans at least biggrin.png

Vicarious Visions have made god tier ports, but their actual games usually are shit.

Vicarious Visions have made god tier ports, but their actual games usually are shit.

I just Google'd and the Skylander's shitty games are made by VV... Activision just have the rights to publish games, hum... Well, I hope THIS IS NOT SKYLANDER'S SHIT.

Edited by Jango

Of course it's going to be Skylanders related, have you not seen how ridiculously popular those games have become? GAME and Toys R Us stores in the UK have entire isles dedicated to them and related merchandise now.

As annoying as it is throwing Crash into the game is just going to print more money for Activisiom.

Of course it's going to be Skylanders related, have you not seen how ridiculously popular those games have become? GAME and Toys R Us stores in the UK have entire isles dedicated to them and related merchandise now.

As annoying as it is throwing Crash into the game is just going to print more money for Activisiom.

Does the target audience even know who Crash is? And I don't think that Crash fans would waste money on something like that. They should stick with shitty original characters. Spyro isn't important to the series anymore, just one random character.

I really hope this isn't some hoax, and something legit. I needz mah Crash mang.

It's not hoax, the photo is legit, right from the insides of VV's crazy office.

It's not hoax, the photo is legit, right from the insides of VV's crazy office.

I mean a new game itself, you know how many times fans get hype over something minor?

I mean a new game itself, you know how many times fans get hype over something minor?

Don't even remind me man sad.png

By the way, it's really written "Bandicoot" under "Crash"? I can only read Ban__cost, or something like that...

Edited by Jango

Don't even remind me man sad.png

By the way, it's really written "Bandicoot" under "Crash"? I can only read Ban__cost, or something like that...

Its just the shadow coming from the letters.

Look, I fixed Crash for you guys:

FKlCH.png

But why would Vicarious Visions hang up a poster of Crash just because of his appearance in Skylanders? Vicarious Visions isnt even involved in designing the Skylanders. To my knowledge, Only Toys for Bob Create and design the actual Skylanders figures while Vicarious Visions just makes lesser versions of the games. Why would someone spend time drawing that poster just to promote someone else's work? Also notice that Crash has 5 fingers instead of 4 like all of the other Skylanders in the series. Truje, it's a minor detail but its still worth noting. Lastly it was said in 2011 VV was working on a projected entitled "Project Phoenix".With the Crash series dormant for 5 yrs and now this poster showing a redesigned Crash possibly suggesting a reboot, project Phoenix sounds like it could be a new crash game. Edited by sjmaster92
  • Thumbs Up 1

A 5 years Crash Bandicoot game? It better worth if that's true (which I doubt it anyway tongue.png).

I wonder if it would be a reboot or just a new adventure from where, maybe Twinsanity left out? Also, it would hurt anyone to call Mutato Muzika to compose the music? tongue.png Or even maybe Spiral Mouth!!

vicariouscrash_610a.jpg

A better picture. Notice how Crash poster is next to Skylander's shit... and still not sure if it's spelled Bandicoot there, I can read "Banecost" hahaha

Edited by Jango

Guys, it's obviously Skylander-related.

Look at some of the characters from the game. They are all standing on some kind of platform, just like Crash.

http://imgur.com/xYQrN

Add to that that Crash's new look seems to come straight from that franchise...