Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: The Thread

Chili Dawg

Crash has put on a bit of weight hasn't he? Fucking hell.

This is screaming Skylanders to me, My sister has over 50 of them and fuck he looks like a mish-mash of various ones and he does look like he's standing on a piece of Skylands itself, so that doesn't bode well for him.

Maybe it's joke art Vicarious Visions have pinned up if he was ever considered for Skylanders? 

But there's one thing I always thought, that they couldn't make Crash any less like Crash Bandicoot after Crash of the Titans and Mind over Mutant... ho boy I was wrong....

Christ, why is so hard to make a new Crash game? I would have made it myself if I had the chance and the money. Instead of doing lots of Lego games, why TT didn't made a new Crash? Man, if VV put Crash in Skylander's, I'm gonna boycott the game, I rather have him frozen than abused, goddamnit.

Edited by Jango

It'd actually be pretty cool if they released Crash as a character for skylanders, if this poster is any hint to his future then that probably is the most likely scenario.

I don't have skylanders but I wouldn't deny that I'd fork out the money to have the figure as a display piece.

Edit: another question we should be asking.....that guy in front of crash, has he just stepped out of 1986?

Edited by Jake Bird

Another thing to note is the fact that since this is only artwork, it may not be Crash's final look. If we go by the previous games like mind over Mutant and twinsanity, Crash's in game appearance is very different from his look in concept art and even the box art in the case of the 2 previously mentioned games.

Edited by sjmaster92

It looks alot like the original drawings of Crash done by Charles Zembellas who has been posting some old sketches of Crash and most recently Coco online.

It looks alot like the original drawings of Crash done by Charles Zembellas who has been posting some old sketches of Crash and most recently Coco online.

Exactly: the tongue, the fat head, the inverted triangle body... At first I also thought it was Z's thing, but he said he didn't made this. In any case, VV sure got lots of inspiration from him.

Edited by Jango

All I can say is screw you Activision. Also I'm pretty sure this was going to be the portable version of Crash 2010 based off Crash's model.

Edited by sjmaster92

The only Crash game I ever had was Wrath of Cortex. I was okay with the load times, but I never beat it because it was rather hard. I died often, thank goodness they give you lives like candy in that game. XD Last time I played it I was at the last boss, needed to do one more death route, and one more gem path.

I played some of Twinsanity, though it was hilarious, the gameplay wasn't too appealing. I think the series just falls flat to me when I compare it to other platformers I love.

I think the series just falls flat to me when I compare it to other platformers I love.

Play. The. Classics! Like, now, my lady! I mean, Twinsanity is pretty good, but if you want to compare a Crash platforming game with another, it has to be one of the classic trilogy =) Just do it if you can, you not gonna regret it.

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

Play. The. Classics! Like, now, my lady! I mean, Twinsanity is pretty good, but if you want to compare a Crash platforming game with another, it has to be one of the classic trilogy =) Just do it if you can, you not gonna regret it.

You know what, I should! I need to play Spyro too!

Yeah you should, the original three are awesome, I'd say 2's probably the best.

I think the originals are all on psn.....

Yeah, Crash 1, 2, 3 and CTR are on Eu PSN. Although Crash Bash isn't.

Just searched Eu PSN. Spyro, Spyro 2 and Spyro 3 are now available to download! When did this happen? It must have only been recently as I never thought that they would be released on Eu PSN as it was taking so long.

I would recommend it. The Spyro (PS1) trilogy are excellent. Spyro 2: Gateway To Glimmer (Ripto's Rage) is my favourite. 

51ZEuJMJwVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg 51Z4PCKW27L._SL500_AA300_.jpg51ZJQG5HCTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Edited by Robin John Blake

Yeah, Crash 1, 2, 3, CTR are on Eu PSN. Although Crash Bash isn't.

Just searched Eu PSN. Spyro, Spyro 2 and Spyro 3 are now available to download! When did this happen. It must have only been recently as I never though that they would be released on Eu PSN.

Yeah, it was like two or three weeks ago or something. Before then, they'd had trouble porting the PAL version of the game for legal reasons, so notice that the games on the Store have the American flag next to them (i.e. they're import versions).

Edited by VEDJ-F

To contribute to the "Play the originals!" discussion, I had Crash 2 and 3 since I was a kid and never quite liked them, but I went back to 3 last summer and had an absolute blast, got very close to over-100%'ing the game until life got in the way and distracted me. Some frustrating parts every here and there, but so so so much fun.

• 3 weeks later...

644293_4377849212154_1466240562_n.jpg

The Cortex's castle island, oh geez, this is AMAZING! I really love the style of Crash 1.

And yet again, another one who wants to work back with Crash Bandicoot. Z, Joe P., I believe both Jason and Andy said that if they could, they would work on another Crash game. ND why you don't buy the rights and put this guys to work once and for all? :C

Edited by Jango