Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: The Thread

Chili Dawg

Crash 3 is my least favorite game out of the classic trilogy. The platforming stages were probably the best out of the 3 along with the bosses, but the underwater and airplane stages were pretty mediocre. I did like the amount of replay value however.

Edited by sjmaster92

^ That confirms nothing, he intentionally avoids answering the question, if anything it makes it seem more like he's going to be a Skylander. Plus they wouldn't confirm anything like that now anyway, they'd wait so they can have a big reveal for it.

They say Crash is very different from what Skylanders is today which sounds like that he won't be in it. But hey I can be wrong and they might just be waiting to reveal him.

Not convinced either way by the interview, guy seems pretty evasive.

I'd say his defensivness comes off more like "yes there'll be something crash related but we can't talk about it" than a definite no though....

For all we know the poster could have been a scrapped concept for Crash as a Skylander before they realized he wouldn't be a good fit for this game.

OH THANK GOD. Now I can have a happy normal day again ^^

Well, this also means we might not see Crash again for a very long time, so I wouldn't be too happy about it. 

Well, this also means we might not see Crash again for a very long time, so I wouldn't be too happy about it. 

I'm happier with this, than having a Skylander's game with him right now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Only just found out a couple weeks ago that ps3s can play ps1 games so I can play through all my old crash games finally.

Played a bit of CTR with my girlfriend earlier and have to say, it's aged pretty well. it's a bit basic but it controls pretty good and it's still a lot of fun.

• 2 weeks later...

A little old, but worth:

2:40

Yeah... there goes the little amount of hope I had...

Edited by Jango

A little old, but worth:

2:40

Yeah... there goes the little amount of hope I had...

Welp, Crash remains dead. Thanks Activision!

A good quarter of the Skylanders are flippin' psychopathic weirdoes. Crash would've fit in just fine.

• 3 weeks later...

photo.jpg

Source

An interesting screen capture surfaced just recently, showing a countdown for which teases a new Crash Bandicoot game. The countdown which could be briefly viewed at crashbandicoot.com/countdown was then pulled pretty quickly. The page may have gone up earlier than intended as it appears that it also lacked an actual countdown at that point.

Although the text in the center is impossible to make out, you can easily see “He’s Back!” across the bottom of the screen. Given that Activision haven’t exactly managed to do the ex-Playstation mascot justice since they acquired him, hopefully this could allude to a return to the roots of Crash Bandicoot. Also encouraging is that it appears Vicarious Visions is in charge, from their logo near the bottom.

THIS GAVE ME THE BIGGEST WARM IN THE CHEST. I seriously can say that this made more excited than a teaser for a new Sonic game, because unlike Sonic, NO I DON'T CHUCKLE, we didn't had a Crash Bandicoot game in 5 YEARS.

So yeah, I hope it's REAL.

Edited by Jango