Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: The Thread

Chili Dawg

I highly doubt this is real, but I guess it has a slim chance, and by slim, I mean EXTREMELY slim. 

Brace yourselves, 'baw green eyes' posts are coming.

I wish it were real, if only so I could hope that it might finally be the day where Crash has a decent game again. It's bound to happen one day, surely?

Although the text in the center is impossible to make out

"An error has occured. Please try again later."

FAK WHY YOU DO THIS INTERNET PEOPLE?

That's enough for tonight... I'm off to cry and sleep.

Edited by Jango

I've played Crash 3, Wrath of Cortex, Twinsanity, Tag Team Racing, Titans and Mind over Mutant. Twinsanity's my favorite, but I think MoM was a huge improvement over Titans. It seemed more like they knew what they were doing... my sole childhood experience with it was Crash 3, but a few years ago I stockpiled most of the games and I say it's fairly enjoyable due to its lighthearted, zany nature. Count me as one of the folks who were sad he didn't make the cut for Playstation All Stars.

Would be nice to see a new title finally. They renewed the rights, so there's hope; it means they surely have some plans for the property, otherwise there'd be no real point. Unfortunate the teaser turned out to be fake...

• Thumbs Up 1

Although the text in the center is impossible to make out

An error occurred. Please try again later.

The very idea of Activision letting Crash Bandicoot out of his cage should have tipped off that fake pic.

OHMY GAWD! OH MAY GAWD! OH MY GAW.....wait....what? Fake?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-!!!!!!!

Crash is dead and has never been the same ever since he went to Activision. If you want him back that's fine, but come on, under Vicarious Visions? You think these guys are gonna bring Crash back to the originals? Or make a high quality game?

I rather have Crash stay in his grave then for him to come out with a mediocre, boring bang. Don't you think? =o

Edited by Ming Ming Shana
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah um..dude, ever heard of ctrl + prnt scr? =P

Anyways, I got a bit excited there but it was too good to be true. ^^; I LOVE Crash Bandicoot, and while I've only played the sequel and third game on the PSX I would like to see another Crash game (so long as it plays like a platformer). Poor guy has been absent for 5 years.

Crash is dead and has never been the same ever since he went to Activision. If you want him back that's fine, but come on, under Vicarious Visions? You think these guys are gonna bring Crash back to the originals? Or make a high quality game?

I rather have Crash stay in his grave then for him to come out with a mediocre, boring bang. Don't you think? =o

Except other than Crash Nitro Kart, the rest of their Crash games have been pretty good. So I don't see what the problem would be if VV did the next game.

If they are going to make a new Crash Bandicoot game, then it would be cool if they just went straight to next gen (PS4 etc).

I liked the design of the original PS1 titles and I wish they would return to that formula.

Except other than Crash Nitro Kart, the rest of their Crash games have been pretty good. So I don't see what the problem would be if VV did the next game.

When you mean, good, you mean mediocre. You can't call their Crash games "smashing" like when Naughty Dog got hold of the franchise.

When you mean, good, you mean mediocre. You can't call their Crash games "smashing" like when Naughty Dog got hold of the franchise.

Actually I'm pretty sure he can. Opinions and all that. :P

Edited by Mykonos
  • Thumbs Up 3

If they are going to make a new Crash Bandicoot game, then it would be cool if they just went straight to next gen (PS4 etc).

I liked the design of the original PS1 titles and I wish they would return to that formula.

They really, really should return to it. The fact Crash gets dizzy from SPINNING just makes my skin crawl. It's one of his signature moves. Next Sonic's going to get nauseous when he spin das- oh wait he doesn't do that anymore guess he already does.

Let's not even mention those butt ugly TNT crates in Mind Over Mutant. I like the whole "new spin" thing but let's just... ditch the whole Titan motif. Go back to the usual platforming that made him so successful, with the whacky death animations and stories that don't take themselves seriously (at all). Crash was a series about a bumbling, good-hearted moron who always managed to somehow defeat a super genius, as if he were too stupid to fall for traps. Then he became a martial artist going around taking over the minds of gigantic muscle beasts to smack other muscle beasts. How does this work?

Sonic found a way to combine classic gameplay ideas with modern ones pretty flawlessly. Surely Crash can do the same?

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

They really, really should return to it. The fact Crash gets dizzy from SPINNING just makes my skin crawl. It's one of his signature moves. Next Sonic's going to get nauseous when he spin das- oh wait he doesn't do that anymore guess he already does.

Let's not even mention those butt ugly TNT crates in Mind Over Mutant. I like the whole "new spin" thing but let's just... ditch the whole Titan motif. Go back to the usual platforming that made him so successful, with the whacky death animations and stories that don't take themselves seriouslyk (at all). Crash was a series about a bumbling, good-hearted moron who always managed to somehow defeat a super genius, as if he were too stupid to fall for traps. Then he became a martial artist going around taking over the minds of gigantic muscle beasts to smack other muscle beasts. How does this work?

Sonic found a way to combine classic gameplay ideas with modern ones pretty flawlessly. Surely Crash can do the same?

The cancelled radical Crash game, Crash Landed was actually going to be the closest to the classics while still adding modern additions like gadgets. Edited by sjmaster92

The cancelled radical Crash game, Crash Landed was actually going to be the closest to the classics while still adding modern additions like gadgets.

That's the really sad part. We could have at least ended up with something closer to the originals, with some Ratchet and Clank-esque elements, but it would surely have been enjoyable and gone over well.

Guess it was just one of the unfortunate cost cutting measures in the past few years. Why company's gut their iconic franchises first in a lot of cases, I do not know.

I'll just post it. tongue.png

iio.png?w=604

That's pretty darn impressive. I don't think even Sonic's been referenced on Jeopardy before.

We could hope Activision paid them to put that on there but I doubt it.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

That's pretty darn impressive. I don't think even Sonic's been referenced on Jeopardy before.

Nah, Sonic's been referenced at least 3-4 times. Possibly more.

That Crash thing is still neat, but how many Americans are going to know what a bandicoot is? The word doesn't even go through my spell checker. 

It's something:

I fucking love it.

It's really sad fans with no budget can produce something that already looks 100x better than a company with a sizable one could. Just seriously, what is this... it's ridiculous.

Fan game looks gorgeous. Would take it over pretty much anything post-Twinsanity any day.

That fangame looks amazing, but the commentary is a REALLY weird mix of being unbearable and somewhat funny at the same time.

Edited by /_JXJ_\
  • Thumbs Up 1