Awoo.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity (Nintendo 3DS)

Cola

I added more onto my post back a page, because when I did PM to counter some points I never got a reply (Come on TheCheese, didn't you find it dickish to just "leave" the conversation without just saying that you didn't want to bother anymore? Seriously...?
What the fuck did you think "agree to disagree" meant?

Now, these pics... can't say I saw this coming. They're still using lots of those 1-block wide corridors all the time, sure, but the rooms aren't perfectly rectangular anymore, which honestly comes as a surprise to me. Oh hey, there's some decorative objects in there too. Totally called that.

Any reason there's Explorers of Sky screenies mixed in?

EDIT: Fuck it, I went to Google Translate. It's just there as a point of comparison. No biggie, just wanted to rule out the slim possibility of cross-connectivity of some kind.

Edited by The Cheese

Any reason there's Explorers of Sky screenies mixed in?

It's to show Nintendo what good games look like! None of that "atmospheric" crap! Where's my impossibly square cave system Nintendo? What have you done to my childhood?

Edited by Soma
  • Thumbs Up 2

What the fuck did you think "agree to disagree" meant?

I took it out of the thread (like you wanted) but then I stated that I wanted to argue some points back to you on PM. You could at least have left another PM stating that you read my points but you didn't want to argue in Pms either. What happened is that you left the conversation (Huge dickish move) without leaving any sort of response. Just look at your response a page back.

ITT: AUTOSAVER GETS ANGRY OVER THE INTERNET

017.jpg

What Pokemon is that? I don't remember anything similar to this (3 heads..?). Is it even a Pokemon? I haven't played Black and White in a while and I'm guessing this Pokemon is from 5th gen. Then again, I could be wrong and it could be from an earlier generation.

Edited by Autosaver

017.jpg

What Pokemon is that? I don't remember anything similar to this (3 heads..?). Is it even a Pokemon? I haven't played Black and White in a while and I'm guessing this Pokemon is from 5th gen. Then again, I could be wrong and it could be from an earlier generation.

220px-635Hydreigon.png

Hydreigon, from the 5th gen, last form of Deino and Zweilous, I love it. You can only catch its first evolution when you're late in the game (Victory Road) and it evolves from Zweilous into Hydreigon at level 64. It's the pseudo-legendary from this gen

http://bulbapedia.bu...eigon_(Pokémon)

Edited by Rawrdom
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

box.jpg

We have Boxart and a Japanese Release date of November 23rd

The Japanese Boxart is quite nice and I like how Dunsparce seems to have an important role in the game.

Edited by Tmsp

Well, if it's out in Japan in November, then we only really have to wait a few months for it to cross overseas.

Boxart looks lovely.

Wow! Wasn't expecting this game to come out that soon into the wild. I guess I forgot that Nintendo can still announce a game so close to its release date without giving any hints.

I like the boxart, but I prefer the other Mystery Dungeon ones.

And please, I want Scraggy as a starter. Scraggy rules. :D

*sees everyone talking about lack of a lot of starters*

Hmm... *sees Snivy*

Hey, fine by me, snive!

Edited by The Scintillating Snivy

New CoroCoro scans:

ZoTd0.jpgKTaEM.jpg

Looks like Ho-oh, Lugia and Kyurem have an important role in the story.

Also, Emolga and Dunsparce are labelled as best friends and will join your party.

• Thumbs Up 3

So, which starters will you pick (assuming there will be just those starters which already got revealed)?

Oshawott and Tepig for me. I don't know which combination, but I'm pretty sure I'll pick those two.

So, which starters will you pick (assuming there will be just those starters which already got revealed)?

Oshawott and Tepig for me. I don't know which combination, but I'm pretty sure I'll pick those two.

If there isn't Charmander I will go with Pikachu and Snivy as my partner.

Man, the game's graphics are gorgeous as hell. I like it. But I really wish I had the money for a god damned 3DS. GET SAD.

Also for starters, I'd use Snivy. But I want to see who else is available to use.

Starters are overrated as hell, Pikachu and Axew is the only combo worth choosing >:U

(well at least out of the 5 we know about so far)

Edited by The Marvelous Munchlax

Starters are overrated as hell, Pikachu and Axew is the only combo worth choosing >:U

(well at least out of the 5 we know about so far)

Fighting Kyurem with that team will be wonderful.

Edited by Tmsp

Will this game have diagonal movement in the Dungeons? Seriously, I always thought it was stupid you could freely move around in the hubs, but move like you're on a checkerboard in the actual gameplay bits. I want to feel like I am in actual control, and not just play the same damn battles as the main titles but overhead instead of a third person view. After all, the game is about BEING a Pokemon, right?

Edited by Enderwoman

You can move diagonally in dungeons. You've always been able to. They even had a button (one of the shoulder buttons) for the explicit purpose of diagonal movement, for crying out loud. Are you telling me you never noticed that?

That said, I certaintly wouldn't complain if the controls between hub and dungeons were more consistent with each other. Even if it means the hub getting grid-based movement instead.

Edited by The Chivalrous Cheese
  • Thumbs Up 4

You can move diagonally in dungeons. You've always been able to. They even had a button (one of the shoulder buttons) for the explicit purpose of diagonal movement, for crying out loud. Are you telling me you never noticed that?

The reasons for the grid movement is because, well, the entire dungeon gameplay is turn-based. The hubs are, well, less so. Getting rid of the grid movement would require the entire gameplay to be completely redone, probably throwing away the entire turn-based aspect unless, well, they decide to copy Frozen Synapse for some reason. Granted, Frozen Synapse is awesome and a Pokemon game in that style would be weirdly cool, but it's not Mystery Dungeon.

Edited by Masaru Daimon
  • Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

Double post because DLC

Nintendo has confirmed that Pokémon Mystery Dungeon on the 3DS will have paid downloadable content. They also announced that the first set of DLC will be free for a limited time. You can check after the break for some footage from the game.

http://nintendo3dsblog.com/there-will-be-dlc-for-pokemon-mystery-dungeon-on-the-3ds-and-theres-some-footage/