Awoo.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity (Nintendo 3DS)

Cola

Oh my, that is incredibly sexy looking

and I enjoy the idea of DLC in a Pokemon game, adding even more content

I hope it's substantial, it would be cool to get some additional story vignettes featuring some of the less popular Pokemon or something along those lines.

I just want this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

This rant is theoretical, as we don't know if those five are the only starters right now, but...

I don't know why this game is shoving Gen V down our throat like the other spin-offs have (Rumble Blast, and, to an extent, Conquest) whenever the series has always shown equal love for all Gens. Never have you only been able to pick the starters or Pokemon from the latest Gens, and in the last few, you could even pick non-starters like Riolu, Meowth, and Vulpix. Why on Earth do they think limiting the number of playable Pokemon makes a game better?!

I know I'm probably one of only a few people upset about this, since a lot of people like Gen V, but I absolutely hate it. I'm no huge fan of Pikachu, either. The point of Pokemon is (and always has been) to pick the Pokemon you like to become a part of your team and bond with; not to pick something you don't like just because you have to. That's why I always liked how the main series games (until BW) let you use older Pokemon while also showing you the new ones. "You don't like these new ones? Alright. Have some old ones, and you'll fight these new ones in battle." Then you see some of the newer Pokemon in action and you're like, "You know, I didn't like this guy before, but now I'm starting to warm up to him."

Gen V seems to be all about shoving its big, sticky, badly-designed, unoriginal dick down your throat, whether you like it or not.

Edited by Sexy n' Smooth Wario

Well, at least B&W2 have a lot of older Pokémon?

But yeah. I hope there are more starters, too. And I think Pikachu needs to diaf, but, sadly, he's the most marketable Pokémon.

I think the reason why Gen V Pokemon are being used is that they are the newest generation and they haven't been used as much overall.

I do agree though that all gens need to be equal though. (except gen I, that gen is rly overexposed by the fans)

Edited by The Victorious Vaniluxe

-Barbosa voice-

YA BETTER START WANTIN' TO START AN ARGUMENT

CAUSE Y'ER IN ONE

-normal sexy Wario voice-

Anyway, I don't think Gen I gets as much love from ACTUAL Pokemon fans as it does from people who only played that one gen a long-ass time ago. There are a lot of stupid, uninspired Pokemon from Gen I, such as Ponyta (its a hurs guys) and Seel (it's a...seal...), but nostalgia is blind.

anyway Gen II is best Gen

I think I agree with everything here.

Back on topic, I like the idea of there being DLC dungeons. I think it's a smart way to get money as well as add new content to a game.

These trailers have better animation than the actual cartoon?

thats....just sad.

Well, you have to take in consideration that these are probably high budget high quality promotions. It might even be clips from a future PD special. The amount of time and money is probably much MUCH more higher. Ever wonder why TV shows are lower quality than movies? Or why that one hour special looks amazing? Well, it has a bigger focus and budget.

THOSE ARE FUCKING BEAUTIFUL OH MY GOD-

*Ahem* Yeah I really want to have this game now. But that 2nd one in the ice place is interesting. If it does actually happen in the plot, what'll happen if you're one of the pokemon that can't handle the cold?

That, and I seriously hope we get more starters.

• Thumbs Up 1

this is a neat commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC72DwwTs8s&feature=BFa&list=SPBE2D9BnJJUrhr8vLfUIKRskeK0AUOnTa

it's a bit unsettling, though.

their mouths don't move...

Also, I think it's worth pointing out that the Pikachu in the anime trailers is a female. I think it's nice that they're paying attention to the gender differences implemented in Gen IV

Edited by sweet bro
  • Thumbs Up 2

If I may share a somewhat unlikely theory:

...what if the actual ingame cutscenes look like that?

No seriously, hear me out. We gathered earlier on that the starters are limited, right? What if that was done to accomodate drawn cutscenes by cutting down on the number of pairing combinations they had to animate? I know it's a long shot, but by god I would cum bricks if they ever did something like that.

• Thumbs Up 4

If I may share a somewhat unlikely theory:

...what if the actual ingame cutscenes look like that?

No seriously, hear me out. We gathered earlier on that the starters are limited, right? What if that was done to accomodate drawn cutscenes by cutting down on the number of pairing combinations they had to animate? I know it's a long shot, but by god I would cum bricks if they ever did something like that.

I think that'd be a cool thing to have, but eh...maybe it's just me but I would have preferred more starters.

I mean the 3D can already be used for more dynamic cutscenes even if it isn't as good as the 2D Animation in those trailers.

• Thumbs Up 2

Also, according to Serebii, those trailers are for the Anime special.

YES PLEASE <3333333333333333333333333

• Thumbs Up 1

If those are for the anime special, then I hope the anime special does the game justice for a change. The specials for explorers were downright disappointing. :[

• Thumbs Up 1

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon should be an anime series. Out of all the sub-series in Pokemon it has to have the best story.

^This. I seriously hope that it'll be an anime series one of these days since the one with the main games has been following Ash all this time doing the same d@mn things of catching Pokemon, collecting badges, foiling Team Rocket's plans, etc. Rinse, lather, repeat, dull.

I always hoped that the original special was a pilot for an anime based on it.

But alas, 'tis was not as I had hoped.