Awoo.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity (Nintendo 3DS)

Cola

At least Tabuu made sense as final boss, considering he controlled Master Hand all along. And he had those cool wings. But a snowflake seems rather...

Random and not-unique.

not-unique.

well it's unique to have a snowflake as the final boss but it's because it's a fucking stupid idea and no one's done it because they have common sense

At least Tabuu made sense as final boss, considering he controlled Master Hand all along.

Well, it's NEVER revealed or even hinted that M. Hand was being controlled right until Tabuu appears. No foreshadowing, no backstory, just a

Giant Subspace Guy From Nowhere.

Without delving into spoilers, can anyone tell me if this game has a solid plot of any kind? I'm not expecting Sky/Time/Darkness levels of awesome, but I am legitimately curious about the presence of story here.

• 2 weeks later...
I've seen the plot on Bulbapedia... and I think Kyurem's the bad guy (if so, yay!)? He kills Pokémon, that much I know...

And then a giant snowflake tries to imitate what Darkrai should've been (aka his MD2 appearance) and appears the final boss?!

Whaaaa....?

EDIT: Spoiler'd it by request of the guy below me.

What. The. Serious. Fuck. 

What a freaking joke of a villan. Instead of a personified nightmare (darkari) or a zombie alien ice dragon clusterflock (kyurem) we get a snowflake. Oh dear god I hope this isn't real.

Also, why are there only 144 ​ Pokemon? Pokemon Red/Blue had more and that was a. only one gen b. the first Pokemon games ever. Plus, Rumble Blast had about 645 pokemon; no excuse Nintendo and chunsoft.

I don't think I'll be buying this, and this is coming from someone who loved the mystery dungeon.

I don't find the number surprising, considering this game isn't just sprites on low quality backgrounds, or Rumble Blast's My Pokemon Ranch looking toys. The number doesn't really matter anyway. As the Cheese said, there's no big deal if the type diversity is there, and it's going to be.

Edited by Kringle Of Awesome
  • Thumbs Up 1

I can only imagine the sheer amount of time and effort needed to properly model and animate every single known Pokemon. And we're talking roughly 500 of 'em (lost count). No 3D game I know of outside of this particular franchise as even remotely this many unique character models.

It's the reason why Creatures Inc. didn't redo the pre-gen3 models for the Gamecube titles.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

Eh, I'm definitely getting this. It looks like they put a lot of love into making it a true successor to the previous games, and it's a nice evolution art and design-wise.

still grouchy about only Gen 5 Hero/Partner...

Edited by Xenos

I can only imagine the sheer amount of time and effort needed to properly model and animate every single known Pokemon. And we're talking roughly 500 of 'em (lost count). No 3D game I know of outside of this particular franchise as even remotely this many unique character models.

It's the reason why Creatures Inc. didn't redo the pre-gen3 models for the Gamecube titles.

Pokédex 3D Pro did that. Alternate forms included.

(With the apparant exception of Genesect)

EDIT: Well, past me, you're wrong - even he's in there. Not his other drives, tho'.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

And they weren't required to do anything other than a simple animation and stand there on a generic background. So yeah, doesn't really mean anything.

• Thumbs Up 4

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Glad to see the storyline is still going to be fairly dark. That's what I liked about past PMD's.

Fairly dark? It seems pretty soft compared to the previous titles.

It deals with more "mature" themes like death, rejection and bullying, but the story itself isn't that great.

Glad to see it's doing okay with reviews. Didn't really expect the story to be any more 'grand' than previous games, but at least it sounds like it'll still be engaging. I'm honestly okay with it being easier, but then again I never found the other games that hard to begin with.

So far, not too bad of a choice for my first 3DS game.

So, the two parts of the animated special are up on Nintendo's YouTube channel!

The bad news? They're only 3 minutes long. Each. Remember those animated trailers? Yeah, those are the entire specials.

BRB committing sudoku Edited by Cola

Well the last animated special... Explorers of the Sky I think, was only available to those who preordered the game. At least they're available for public viewing this time.

Anyone want to dungeon sometime? I cant get enough of this series.

Wait, you can dungeon TOGETHER? I always thought it was limited to those stupid revive missions.

Some interest in me is growing...

So, after playing for the past couple days, I come to a part of the story that genuinely shocked me and remeniscent of the Time/Darkness/Sky's plot twist.

Don't want to give too much away, but let's just say it involves two Pokemon who you thought one was good and the other was bad.