Awoo.

Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)

Detective Shadzter

Given the hype this game got, I guess ill give this game a chance when it comes out.

Just hope it will be worth it.

Edited by Soniman

hRFOl.jpg

Just announced with a teaser video on the EU Wii U Nintendo Direct preview as a Wii U exclusive. Bayonetta fans GET EXCITED! No details at the moment other than it's being developed by Platinum Games and being published by Nintendo and SEGA, but if it's anything like the first game, I'm there day one.

And fixed.

And fixed.

I'm sure they just said by Nintendo. They didn't say anything about SEGA other than showing their logo at the end of the video. SEGA owns the franchise, I know.

• Thumbs Up 2

I myself am not a fan, but I am very happy for everyone who loved the first game. My college room mate last year is going to freak out over this. I support any SEGA IP, so I hope this sells well.

(What are the chances the first one will re-release on the Wii U?)

Edited by Indigo Rush

So Nintendo is collaborating with Sega? It wouldn't be the first time.

But I don't care who the publisher is as long as the studio make it is Platinum games.

It's funny since recently there was a rumor about Sega canceling a Bayonetta sequel....

Edited by redhellc

I wonder if SEGA has the option to port the game after X time with an added subtitle. They do own the franchise after all.

Mostly so I could have an excuse to buy several copies of the same game.

Have all of my money.

I hope Sega publishes this game to PS3 and 360 when they see Bayonetta has potential from the Wii U sales. It breaks my heart that one of my favorite titles this gen finally has a sequel...only to be exclusive to Wii U.

I also hope this AAA sequel exclusives doesn't continue to like Batman or even Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

iniP31Ezg8ZNl.gif

I wonder if SEGA has the option to port the game after X time with an added subtitle. They do own the franchise after all.

Have all of my money.

It's seems like Nintendo revived the game after SEGA canned it way back. I wonder what rights they have. Considering the situation.
  • Thumbs Up 3

Have all of my money.

• Thumbs Up 3

I hope Sega publishes this game to PS3 and 360 when they see Bayonetta has potential from the Wii U sales. It breaks my heart that one of my favorite titles this gen finally has a sequel...only to be exclusive to Wii U.

I also hope this AAA sequel exclusives doesn't continue to like Batman or even Sonic.

Now everyone has no excuse not to get the Wii U. I couldn't be happier about this. Bayonetta 2 is happening, and exclusive to a Nintendo platform. What's not to love?

So who's the chap with the sword?

bayonetta2.jpg

The game was canned mid development. Right now the only reason it's getting finished it's because Nintendo is desperate to recover some hardcore fans. Once it's complete it might or it might not be ported, which would depend on contract ties and sales expectations.

It's certainly a whole different situation than the sequels you mention.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's certainly a whole different situation than the sequels you mention.

Okay then. what about Rayman Legends? Why is the sequel exclusive to Wii U?

Okay then. what about Rayman Legends? Why is the sequel exclusive to Wii U?

Because Rayman is a cheap brand to get (what is almost certainly timed) exclusivity for. Ubi and Ancel are happy to shop it around to reduce dev costs, since it doesn't pull multimillion sales numbers everywhere.

Trying to buy stuff like Batman/Ass Creed/etc.would be cost-prohibitive. Why do you think the best Microsoft has managed to get out of Activision is a couple months of early DLC?

Bayonetta here was cancelled mid development. Probably wasn't even expensive since SEGA didn't want to lose all the assets already made. Entirely different situation.

So, now that this has been announced, who else would be very interested in a port of the original to the Wii U?

So, now that this has been announced, who else would be very interested in a port of the original to the Wii U?

Not if it detracts from the sequel's development. 99% of the people interested are interested because they already played it.

Assuming it had no effect, sure. I've beaten the game 6 times already. Could go for another round.

Hmm, were i to play it again I'd just play my 360 copy, I'm half way through a platinum only run and I've just unlocked the nunchucks Y_Y

Anyone else notice the logo is in the Wii U cover colors? Blue and yellow laugh.png

Anyway, it's nice to see Platinum snuggling up with Nintendo.

Not if SEGA would port it xP

But, sure. I've beaten the game a few times, but I don't own it. If it get's rereleased on the Wii U I'll buy it there, if not, I'll just get a 360 copy.

From SEGA forums. Everyone knows this already, but just cause:

I see there's some confusion' date=' so let me clarify! Bayonetta 2 is being developed by Platinum Games and published by Nintendo. SEGA is working with both as an advisor to the project.[/quote']

Hmm, were i to play it again I'd just play my 360 copy, I'm half way through a platinum only run and I've just unlocked the nunchucks Y_Y

Please leave your username at the door.