Awoo.

Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)

Detective Shadzter

Wow and just after I got through watching a combo vid, maybe if I watch another one we'll get a release date on a month.

• 1 month later...

New bayonetta footage from todays direct 

Looks like the second playable character is going to be the kid with the milennium puzzle but I wonder how he'll play compared to bayo herself.

• Thumbs Up 1

...speaking of Yu-Gi-Oh!, Jeanne trapped in that bubble in Hell immediately reminded me of that time Mai was in a box in the Shadow Realm or whatever. I don't think I watched the show far enough to see how that one was resolved... somehow I doubt that Enzo's Brooklyn Rage is likely to be much help.

The game still looks really pretty and goofy and dumb. I'm excited.

Different voice actors? It has been a while since I played the original Bayonetta so correct me if I'm wrong.

No they are pretty much the same though bayo's voice actor has a pretty deep voice during the trailer.

Hope we don't have to wait much longer after Japan gets the game in the Summer. The new playable character was unexpected. I hope he's fun to play as and doesn't ruin an otherwise great looking game. 

New bayonetta footage from todays direct 

Looks like the second playable character is going to be the kid with the milennium puzzle but I wonder how he'll play compared to bayo herself.

such Bayonetta

K1RlgFj.jpg

I'll have to start working the streets again to afford all those consoles and games this year. Worth it, tho.

• 3 weeks later...

It was known for ages yet people keep bitching about the same topic. How tiresome.

For the current situation you can blame the guys that didn't originally bought Bayo 1, SEGA for cancelling the sequel mid development or ________ when the sequel inevitably bombs on WiiU.

Not optimal, but I'll gladly take what we have over no Bayo 2 (or worse, the franchise going mobile).

• Thumbs Up 2

I was one of those who were butt-hurt that Bayo 2 was only on the Wii U and I can understand why people were initially upset. Given, I got a Wii U for the eventual Smash Brothers so I went ahead of reserved Bayo 2 at my local Gamestop despite an unknown release date. Even though I have a Wii U, it still kinda makes me sad that it's restricted to such an unpopular platform. We all should know by now that yes, Nintendo stepped in and Bayo 2 is only possible through them, but I feel bad for Platinum since it's not going to sell as well not just because it's not selling across multiple platforms, but it's on the least popular of this generation.

Yeah, after the wondeful 101 I don't really trust nintendo to do a good job advertising it (or at least distributing it) but I am definitely glad that this game exists though since I know a couple of bayo fans who actually did say that this game might as well not even exist if its on wii u which is pretty childish to me especially considering the fact that having a sequel to any game you like in a popular series is never a bad thing when it was close to being canned in general (if only the crash series was this fortunate).

It sucks that it won't sell well because of it's forced platform, but eh, Platinum Games games don't sell well anyway. Plus, I can't wait to play this off-TV.  

It sucks that it won't sell well because of it's forced platform, but eh, Platinum Games games don't sell well anyway. Plus, I can't wait to play this off-TV.  

Not necessarily true, even though it carries the Metal Gear name, Rising did really well and it's a Platinum game.

Given, their own IP's tend not to do well, I blame that on advertising (or lack of) and SEGA. Hopefully Bayo 2 gets decent adverts via Nintendo which is saying quite a bit since Nintendo doesn't seem to do that properly themselves.

Rising ONLY did well because it carried the Metal Gear name. Considering Bayonetta is one of their best selling titles as a new IP, I'm hopeful that Bayo2 will sell better than W101.

Rising ONLY did well because it carried the Metal Gear name. Considering Bayonetta is one of their best selling titles as a new IP, I'm hopeful that Bayo2 will sell better than W101.

It's still a Platinum game that did well, Metal Gear name or not. Not to mention that I pointed that fact out.

Bayo 2 wil undoubtedly sell better than Wonderful 101, but it will sell better overall on multiple platforms, but that will never happened for aforementioned reasons. Sad, but true

The point is, PG games sell poorly because they're very niche. MGR is a unfair example because it was part of a popular existing franchise.

• Thumbs Up 3

The point is, PG games sell poorly because they're very niche. MGR is a unfair example because it was part of a popular existing franchise.

Yeah, as hard as it is to admit, MGR probably wouldn't have sold as well if it weren't for the name backing it (sad but true) but honestly I think more advertising for the games could go a long way since throughout their whole career clover studio/platinum has never really had much advertising on their games (besides maybe viewtiful joe).

It's also down to how their products are marketed too, Madworld barely got any coverage on Wii because Nintendo kept tabs on it since they were aiming for a family console, Madworld's selling point was ridiculously over the top violence in a gameshow in monochrome palette.

Anarchy Reigns was fucked over by SEGA bullshit and delayed like, half a year for Europe/US? It also got no publicity and by the time it came out people had already imported it or lost interest, it didn't help that it was released here at half of it's intended Retail Price due to the delay.

W101 is just incredibly niche on a platform with an incredibly small install base compared to it's competitors, it's also a game that you've got to play yourself to see the appeal of it, since in trailers and Directs it just looked like a confusing cluster fuck of chaos with pretty visuals.

Rising has pretty much been explained already earlier in the topic, but yeah despite making fun as fuck games, they really don't get much profit wise due to always getting the short stick with their publishers. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I understand that, the point I was arguing was that PG games don't always sell horribly, Metal Gear's name on it or not. I even pointed out that it did well since it was a Metal Gear game. Nothing more, nothing less.

It's really a shame that PG, SEGA or whoever else doesn't advertise these games seeing how they are all gems.

because Nintendo

Madworld's failure was NOT Nintendo's fault, it was SEGA. Sega can't market ANYTHING right.

On the other hand, the game launched at $50 and the biggest complaint was the game was ridiculously short. That caused a ton of people to avoid buying it.

Nintendo has some blame for Mad World just as they do for No More Heroes. Look, Sega might be shit at selling anything, but it is hard to sell a game like Mad World on a console that prided itself on being good clean family fun.If I recall correctly, Sega did try to advertise Mad World and they did it with more effort if not as much effort as they would with any Sonic game or Colonial Marines. But when most of the consumer base for the console is parents who just wanted an inexpensive console for their kids because that is how Nintendo marketed the damn machine, then it is hard to expect Sega to make it a sell. Sure, one could say that Sga was stupid for even trying, but I am sure you don't want to make that argument.

• 3 months later...

E3 2014 trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvP4EFjagfU

Launching in October, comes with the original Bayonetta game bundled in... plus lots of brilliant Nintendo goodies for Bayonetta to wear while she's kicking ass.

Oh, and online co-op confirmed for Bayonetta 2. YES!

E3 2014 trailer:

Launching in October, comes with the original Bayonetta game bundled in... plus lots of brilliant Nintendo goodies for Bayonetta to wear while she's kicking ass.

Oh, and online co-op confirmed for Bayonetta 2. YES!

SEGA don't know a good thing when it hits them in the face.

bayonetta_butt1_6083.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2