Awoo.

Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)

Detective Shadzter

I was sold when I saw Bayonetta dressed up as Samus and Link...then I saw that Bayonetta 1 was included.

Hell. Yeah. Day one buy for sure! I've never played Bayonetta and was actually planning on getting the 360 version of the first game ages ago but I don't have to anymore because it's on Wii U! Great job, PG!

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm definitely more interested in this knowing the original is included. Never played it, nor do I own a 360/PS3, and while I would've been content checking this out on a sale or something, getting a two-in-one deal like this moves the game up on my "want" list.

Really glad Platinum Games decided on this kind of courtesy, because I would've just expected them to release the original separately on a cash-in (which they could've done, and I hope this sort of thing attracts more potential customers to the Wii-U).

It looks SO weird seeing her dressed up like Nintendo characters. Is the pink dress one supposed to be Peach?

It looks SO weird seeing her dressed up like Nintendo characters. Is the pink dress one supposed to be Peach?

Yeah, Check out the charms. 

I'm kind of surprised Nintendo allowed this. Maybe the Link and Samus costumes, but Peach? Wow.

Nintendo had the choice of selling Bayonetta as a downloadable title for extra but they decide to bundle it with the original FOR FREE!??!

omg

So "being bundled with" does mean, its own separate disc or on the same disc? I ask because I fear that I wouldn't be able to get this used at a lower price without the first game being absent.

So "being bundled with" does mean, its own separate disc or on the same disc? I ask because I fear that I wouldn't be able to get this used at a lower price without the first game being absent.

I don't think they've said, but if it's not part of the digital edition (though there could be other factors preventing that), it may be an additional disc. The wording on this Nintendo World Report article says "packed in" so that could be the case.

Discover the first Bayonetta, now on Wii U

Bayonetta, originally released in 2010, introduced an explosive blend of dynamic action and saucy style.

Now all the action comes to the Wii U at 60 fps—and it'll leave you breathless.

See how it all started…

A woman wakes up in a coffin at the bottom of a lake, with no memory of who or what she is.

After remembering her name and her ability to summon demons, Bayonetta travels through the remote European city of Vigrid while staving off the armies of Paradiso and uncovering the truth of her long-lost past.

New features, only on Wii U

Wii U GamePad features

You can use the Wii U™ GamePad controller's touchscreen and a stylus to control the action in both Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2.

You can play using just the GamePad screen, without having to use your TV.

Japanese-language option

Choose between English and Japanese audio tracks, and select either English or Japanese subtitles to accompany the voiceovers.

New, Nintendo-themed Costumes

• Galactic Bounty Hunter
  • Mushroom Kingdom Princess
  • Hero of Hyrule

http://bayonetta2.nintendo.com/bayonetta.html

I would advise anyone considering the Japanese dub to just not bother. The original English dub is super fun and fantastically delivered.

I'm not even sure why they've added it, I'll take the 60fps instead.

• Thumbs Up 1

In case anyone was hoping to hear it, here is a clean version of "Tomorrow is Mine"

Sounds amazing though I'm gonna miss fly me to the moon.

• Thumbs Up 4

Fly Me To The Moon needs to be there. Play it during an epic final boss or while wearing a Bayo1 classic costume or something.

New song is super excite tho.

Fly Me To The Moon needs to be there. Play it during an epic final boss or while wearing a Bayo1 classic costume or something.

New song is super excite tho.

It will be there.

In Bayonetta 1

sorry

I'll miss Fly Me To The Moon but this is a suitably awesome replacement. 

Fly Me To The Moon better come back for the final boss finisher though

Interesting bit of info from the Treehouse Live demo just now - originally, Bayonetta had an undershirt as part of the Link costume, but (much to the developers' surprise!) Nintendo themselves suggested removing it and just showing off the cleavage instead, as the undershirt wasn't "fitting" to Bayonetta's style.

Oh Ninty, you dirty dogs, you tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 2

And they said that this game being on a nintendo console would actually censor some things.

Including Bayonetta 1 free is a master-stroke because in these times of too many games, not enough money, wanting to play the first before the second was a very easy way for me to dismiss this game... now I kind of have no excuse I guess I need to get it.

Including Bayonetta 1 free is a master-stroke because in these times of too many games, not enough money, wanting to play the first before the second was a very easy way for me to dismiss this game... now I kind of have no excuse I guess I need to get it.

Agreed. I've played a teeny tiny bit of Bayonetta before but not really enough to get me hooked on it, so while I was originally intrigued by Bayonetta 2, I never considered it a "must-have" title amongst all the other upcoming Nintendo games.

Now that I know I can get two games for the price of one - and that the original will be enhanced with these insane Nintendo themed updates (seriously, did you guys see the Peach costume in action? You can summon Bowser's first!) - this is definitely back on my watch list. Roll on October, I say!

Oh my goodness having this game AND the first title WITH MORE EXTRAS IN THE FIRST GAME AS WELL

*hyperventilates*

Oh, and who bets we get another After Burner remix? Anyone? Anyone? Hmm?

Fuck man I'll totally replay Bayonetta 1 on Wii-U dressed in Link's tunic lol. This is awesome, I'm so happy to see Bayonetta get so much love. 

Oh my goodness having this game AND the first title WITH MORE EXTRAS IN THE FIRST GAME AS WELL

*hyperventilates*

Oh, and who bets we get another After Burner remix? Anyone? Anyone? Hmm?

Actually I could do with a shortening of the vehicle chapters. Far too long to replay.

Oh and the direct X towards Y mechanic that only comes up twice in the game was bullshit. None of that for the sequel.

Yeah, Check out the charms. 

I'm kind of surprised Nintendo allowed this. Maybe the Link and Samus costumes, but Peach? Wow.

Man, Peach is awesome because Madama Butterfly is reskinned as Bowser.

costume info (rings actualy means coins)

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/230683-bayonetta-new-costume-details

Bayonetta - new costume details

Jun 12, 2014 by RawmeatCowboy

Samus costume

- a unique take on Samus' armor, including a visor you control
- fire shots from Samus’ arm cannon

Peach costume

- skimpy version of Peach's dress
- use moves that feature giant versions of Bowser’s hands and feet
- has an alternate whip weapon
- makes rings fly out of enemies

Link costume