Awoo.

Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)

Detective Shadzter

I actually like the new box art more than the old one really, it just seems a whole lot more colorful than before and the designs really pop in this one.

When I think about it it does kind of fit with bayonetta's new attitude in comparison to the last game.

Yeah, I don't like all the yellow. I think I'd like it more if the moon was white.

Perhaps they're predominantly using blue and yellow because that's the normal Wii U box art colour scheme, and they're just really trying to hit home that this is a Wii U exclusive?

Not saying it's the best design ever or the best excuse ever, but it's sort of sensible when you think of it like that... maybe?

I don't see what all the fuss is about. I think it's a pretty cool cover, and most importantly it's eye catching. Also, the yellow moon really stands out a lot more than if the moon was white. So yeah, it's a cool cover!

Shame we don't get a proper disc copy of Bayonetta 1 though! D: I hope the digital version doesn't take up too much space on my Wii U.

• Thumbs Up 1

The moon does look a bit too yellowy (maybe slightly choose a different shade of yellow or white) but to be honest, the cover is quite good looking in terms of Bayonetta and the feathers posing like a bird and have seen worser covers in games.

From what I've read on Nintendo's website is that the European version only has Bayonetta 1 as a Special Edition due to different ratings (Bayo 1 is 18 while Bayo 2 is 16). Now I don't know whether it is going to be like some Sega's previous special editions where the non-special edition is harder to find or a difficult to find special edition like Wind Waker and soon Mario Kart. So there might be a chance that not every copy of the EU version of Bayo 2 will have the original game... If it is true, then have to make sure to get the special edition as available as possible.

I would've bought it day one even if I didn't have money for the system itself but that's just shitty as fuck coming from NoE. As if a 2 year difference in age ratings is going to afftect sales (for this kind of game of all things).

Okay, so now there's confusion as to whether Europe is getting a physical or digital copy of Bayonetta 1, as well as whether it'll come with the eShop version of Bayonetta 2 or just the retail release:

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/231192-eu-will-bayonetta-2-feature-a-physical-disc-pack-in-of-bayonetta-1

I wish they'd just outright stated the facts during the Digital Event and keep it consistent across regions, too. All this to-ing and fro-ing about how it's going to end up is making everything so perplexing.

One way or another, I'll be getting Bayo 1&2 on my Wii U. I'd like to have physical copies of both, but the simple fact that it's Bayonetta makes it very difficult to be fussy.

• Thumbs Up 3

So do we know if Bayo1 U will have any changes from the original? Cause if not, maybe I'll get an actual physical copy for my 360.

So do we know if Bayo1 U will have any changes from the original? Cause if not, maybe I'll get an actual physical copy for my 360.

Changes? No idea. But it's got some additions by way of Peach, Link and Samus costumes that give Bayonetta some new attacks.

It has some nintendo exclusive costumes on it and it runs at 60 fps like the 360 version (the PS3 version didn't go at 60) but beyond that, unless they reveal some other stuff thats basically it. Oh yeah plus optional touch screen controls (but whose going to use those anyway).

The 360 version was more like 40fps.

A stable 60fps would be the big selling point for this port. The rest of the additions (touch stuff, 3 costumes and jpn voices) is just minor extras.

The 360 version was more like 40fps.

A stable 60fps would be the big selling point for this port. The rest of the additions (touch stuff, 3 costumes and jpn voices) is just minor extras.

360 version is between 50 and 60 the vast majority of the time. It dips, but it's defintely much closer to 60 than 40.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, if we go by those snippets the PS3 version is 30-40 the majority of the time too, which is also 10 fps more than it's usually credited for.

I've played both versions and while the 360 one is notably smoother, it also keeps dropping frames whenever things get crazy (which should be all the time because this is Bayonetta). Neither is safe from jarring performance hiccups, which would make buying the 360 version now pointless if the free Bayo1 WiiU port manages to ~lock~ 60fps.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay so this shit just gets even more confusing

Bayonetta 2 will have TWO separate retail releases in Europe

In short, there will be three versions of Bayonetta 2 in Europe - a standard edition that just contains Bayonetta 2, a special edition that contains both Bayonetta 2 and Bayonetta 1 on separate discs, and eShop versions of both Bayonetta 2 and Bayonetta 1 (buying one will give you a discount on the other).

So, in a way, it's win/win - both games on physical copies for those who want that, and if you only want Bayonetta 1 on its own for whatever reason, you can get it digitally by itself.

Still, very very complicated stuff. Why they can't just keep it consistent is beyond me.

Cool. Good to know I can get Bayonetta 1 physically. With my slow internet, I was worried I wasn't going to be able to get it.

Well, if we go by those snippets the PS3 version is 30-40 the majority of the time too, which is also 10 fps more than it's usually credited for.

I've played both versions and while the 360 one is notably smoother, it also keeps dropping frames whenever things get crazy (which should be all the time because this is Bayonetta). Neither is safe from jarring performance hiccups, which would make buying the 360 version now pointless if the free Bayo1 WiiU port manages to ~lock~ 60fps.

It's been confirmed for a while that the Wii U version isn't locked at 60fps.

The Samus costume is the one that gets less visual flare so far. Why couldn't they add a Ridley summon? What's the problem, not big enough?

I'm gonna enjoy the remember me helmet action tho.

It's been confirmed for a while that the Wii U version isn't locked at 60fps.

BOOOO.

I'll still replay it but booooo.

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually, the Samus costume is the best. Being able to remove/put on the visor at any time in cutscenes is going to be stupidly funny.

Not specifically about Bayonetta 2, but about the franchise proper:

Yusuke Hashimoto states that he would be "very interested in creating a third installment in the franchise," and implies he'd collab with Nintendo again for it. He also says that Nintendo had some input on B2's development.

Bayonetta 2 may not be out yet, but already the developer is talking about continuing the franchise as a Nintendo exclusive.

Speaking with CVG, game director Yusuke Hashimoto explained that he'd be very interested in creating a third installment in the franchise with Nintendo.

"Should the opportunity arise I’d definitely like to keep nurturing this franchise," he said. "In terms of nurturing the content of this game, there’s a lot that we learned from Nintendo and if possible we would love to do it again and keep nurturing our child.

“I feel that it’s important to let your creativity flow and Nintendo has been able to provide us with the freedom to create what we had originally envisioned. We were able to have a lot of back-and-forth and they were able to provide objective feedback. I feel that was really good and helped push Bayonetta 2 to even higher quality.

“We started out with a fundamental freedom, with Nintendo telling us to go and create the game as we saw fit. But as the game started to take shape and we were starting to put all the pieces together, they were able to point out some things that we didn’t realise ourselves. That was really helpful for us.”

• Thumbs Up 5

So, i suppose i should expect in this game at least one sequence where Bayonetta eats a mushroom and becomes giant-sized, crushing enemies under her heels.

Considering how the SEGA references were handled in the first game, i think it's a legit expectation.

I'm expecting Nintendo references out the wazoo and I'll be incredibly disappointed if there aren't any.