Awoo.

Favorite Sonic Games!

ChaotixMan

Haha........simple, one of the first topics.

My favorites are Sonic Unleashed & Sonic Heroes.

Staff Edit after topic redirecting, as of 07.12.13 (12.07.13): Please add effort and elaboration to choices for the sake of discussion value so that the topic will not be a list topic. Thanks! -Diz

6: Sonic Unleashed (Wii)

5: Sonic 3D Blast

4: Sonic 1

3: Sonic Adventure

2: Sonic CD

1: Sonic 3 & Knuckles!!

If I had to play only 6 games for the rest of my entire life, I'd pick these - no question about it.

Edited by Blash

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and Sonic 3 & Knuckles will always be my number ones.

Of course the Original Sonic the Hedgehog always holds a special place in my heart. It's still a blast to play... I just start to get a little... "ugh..." when I get to the labyrinth zone.

Recently I played a hack, called "Sonic the Hedgehog Megamix" ....best hack evar. Labyrinth clone is still a drag though.

Unleashed was fun, but I have not replayed it nearly as much as I have the other games.

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle (but I never owned just borrowed it off someone for a really long time but eventually i had to give it back and now I don't have it anymore! *cries*)

Sonic Advance

Sonic 2

My most played game would have to be Sonic Heroes though, it was the first Sonic game I actually owned and for awhile my choice of Sonic games to play was between Shadow and Heroes so I played Heroes a lot)

My favorite Sonic game will always be Sonic Adventure 2. It's the game that got me back into the Sonic fandom when it was re-released on the gamecube. My second favorite sonic game is Sonic 3 and Knuckles because it's the one Sonic game that I have truly mastered.

However, the most played game right now would be Sonic 2. I've been trying to record a no death run, but I fail every time I do it.

1. Sonic Unleashed (360 version)

I never thought that anything could surpass the memories generated by SA2. Well, Unleashed hasn't surpassed the memories but it has surpassed the experience. Unleashed is, in my opinion, the game that gives the maximum Sonic feel and it does this so well that it cements in my mind that Sonic Team are starting to realise how to realise Sonic in 3D. The feeling is sheer invigoration and when you gimp a level, it feels so good not only because it looked awesome but it was hard to pull off and you feel happy that you could play at that speed.

The graphics are undoubtedly the finest in any Sonic game. The cutscenes are too. I don't know what to think of people whining at Unleashed's 'immature' or 'kiddy' cutscenes because of the comedy when such people whined about Sonic being darker and edgier. The team loved making this game and it shows in practically every orifice of the game.

The Werehog sections were a tad too repetitive for my tastes and there was a missed oppurtunity there but it was still good fun and Werehog is my fave Sonic transformation.

• Thumbs Up 1

My top five are: (In no particular order)

- Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

- Sonic '06 (*Brick'd*)

- Sonic 3 & Knuckles

- Sonic Unleashed

- Sonic 3D Blast

The ones that didn't make the list, but were close, were Sonic Heroes and Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut.

Sonic Adventure 2 is definitely my favourite Sonic game. Not only was it the first Adventure game I played of Sonic, it's also got some great graphics (better than Sonic Heroes and ShtH =P), storyline and gameplay. Unlike most people I enjoyed the treasure hunting stages. Shooting was mediocre though, but meh.

My other favourite is Sonic 3. It's a classic. Gameplay and music are <3!

It has to be Sonic 2.

Ok, part of this does come down to it being my first Sonic game. But I can't help that I started with such an awesome game. Out of all the Mega Drive games, this gets the perfect balance between speed and exploration against level length.

You wanna just speed through? You can do that for virtually the entire game. You want to explore? Again, pretty much the whole game gives you that option. And unlike the other Mega Drive games, the levels did not drag on for two minutes longer than they should have. If you went from A to B, you would not need more than four minutes for a level, and yet that's almost the norm everywhere else. You can play longer if you want, by exploring, (and explore you should!), but you get the choice every single time.Plus, its just damn fun.

Other honourable mentions are Sonic 3 & Knuckles (it doesn't flow quite as well, but it still has some great design) and Sonic Adventure, which got so many things right on the first attempt.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic 2 and Sonic Adventure are my favourite Sonic games, almost everything about them is great, I have so many good memories playing them, I don't think I've ever had so much fun as I did while playing these games, it's almost as if they're too good for words, really. Other favourites of mine include:

2D: Sonic 1, Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic CD.

3D: Sonic the Fighters and Sonic Adventure 2.

Edited by S o n i c

Sonic Unleashed is number one.

Even though I could care less about the Werehog, the Daytime stages finally delivered Sonic action that constantly cranks out intense action, has a smooth transition between gameplay elements (speed and platforming), has worthwhile boss battles (something I couldn't even has about the Genesis games), and remains pretty lengthy. All of the cosmetics (graphics, music, story, etc.) are great as well.

Runner-ups would be Sonic Rush/Adventure (can't decide, they both go hand in hand for me) and Sonic the Hedgehog 3/& Knuckles (once again, they go together to me).

Sonic 2 is my all-time favorite for some reason. It just never gets old. That, and Tails' first game.

SADX is a close second, followed by SA2B, SRA, and SU.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2- A classic and just a fun game in general.

SA1&2- I pretty like to play them for the Sonic stages and not very fond of playing the others, well, maybe Knuckles and Tails. Though despite some camera problems, this is how a 3D Sonic should play, fast paced and a little bit of exploring in each level.

1. Sonic the Hedgehog Pocket Adventure (Neo Geo Pocket Color)

2. Sonic CD (SEGA CD)

3. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (SEGA Genesis)

4. Sonic the Hedgehog (SEGA Genesis)

5. Sonic Adventure (Dreamcast)

6. Knuckles' Chaotix (SEGA 32X)

7. Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (SEGA Genesis)

8. Sonic and Knuckles (SEGA Genesis)

9. Sonic Adventure 2 (Dreamcast)

10. Sonic Chaos (Game Gear)