Awoo.

Best level in Sonic 4: Episode 2

Bright Eyes

Hello everyone smile.png . I am Bright Eyes and I used to be in the SEGA Forums but I got banned because everyone from the forum thought I was an alternative account of an old troll at the forum (no, really).

So I hope this place will be a bit friendlier!

What's your favourite level from Episode 2? I just got my copy yesterday and my favourite level is Sky Fortress smile.png

EDIT: Wow this forum has a way better design than the SEGA Forum

Edited by Bright Eyes

Which Metal Sonic stage in particular? I felt let down by the Sky Fortress boss personally.

Both. I just think the song fits the stage really well.

Well I find Oil Desert really bland and it's boss is terrible, so it's not that. Death Egg Mk2 is just running around but the very final boss is one I enjoy a lot.

It's a toss up between Sylvania Castle and White Park for me. Sylvania Castle seems to have some of the more interesting platforming related gimmicks in it's later stages, while White Park is the most original and it has imo one of the best boss battles in the game. I also like Act 3 because I'm masochistic like that.

Sky Fortress is alright, Act 1 is much too long and the boss is just dickish. Acts 2 and 3 are pretty good, but I still prefer Sylvania Castle and White Park.

I still find it more fun than anything in Episode 1 (and, for that matter, Episode Metal) though. There are level gimmicks and stuff but I find it has the same problem as most desert stages in Sonic games, in that it's just bland. It also doesn't help that most of the gimmicks are ripped from Oil Ocean and Sandopolis.

I've never played Episode 1 because I've been out the Sonic scene a few years (Sonic 06 scarred me). In fact I only got Generations and Episode 2 because the SEGA Forum recommended it to me (before they decided I was an evil James Bond Villain troll). As for Episode 1, I only played the demo and it was terrible: Sonic jumped like he was on the moon.

I liked White Park 2, ROLLER COASTER RUN FTW!

Sky Fortress Metal Sonic was actually a fun change of pace for Metal in my eye.

Edited by Lime

I don't care what any of you say, I actually LOVE Oil Desert. To me, Oil Desert is Like Gimmick Mountain, as in you love to hate it. It's the atrocious level design and squandered opportunities that make me love the level more than White Park or Sylvania Castle; if not just to see how bad someone could flaw an interesting idea. Well, that, and Robotnik's Duck Orchestra is the best thing ever! Quack Quack, Quack Quack!

• Thumbs Up 1

While I haven't played Sonic 4, I think Slyvania Castle and White Park are the best looking levels, I found them pretty interesting and quite unique. Sky Fortress is okay too.

Edited by Red Wisp

My favourite level in Ep2 is Sky Fortress. Whilst the level concept is based on shamelessly rehashing Wing Fortress and Sky Chase Zone, i.e. levels from Sonic 2, you can overlook that because the level design in Sky Fortress is really good.

Act 1: Improves upon Sky Chase from Sonic 2. The addition of the Metal Sonic mini fight and the bit where you have to home attack across the turtles was quite good.

Act 2: Bucket loads of alternative routes. Exploration rewarded with hidden Extra lives and ring boxes, which is what 2d levels should be. Nice gimmicks. The end of the level with all the rings over that massive pit was a good design.

Act 3: Not as open as Act 2 and has less multiple routes, but the gimmicks are fun and the graphics, oh my WOW! Absolutely beautiful.

Boss Act: I like the boss it's different. A bit unorthodox for a 2d Sonic game but still fun. The Boss music for Metal Sonic is really catchy and the cutscenes that follow are pretty sweet.

Edited by NightwingFox
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sky Fortress Act 2 since it had actual level design worthy enough to be in a Sonic game.

What about Sky Fortress 3? That was really automated to be honest.

Haha it's ok! You're just wrong!

Morally wrong :P

Why so serious?

If its any consolation, I still don't like it. Or this game. But that's assholish to say in a positive thread about Sonic 4, so *zip*

• Thumbs Up 2

The ice level. I gave up trying to have fun with the Sonic 4 mini-series with that section where you are underwater and the polar bear (i think it was) badniks froze all of the possible paths, leaving you to drown.

Edit: my bad, I thought you asked what I thought the worst level was lol. As for the best level, I thought none of them were good

Edited by Mr.Snarf

The ice level. I gave up trying to have fun with the Sonic 4 mini-series with that section where you are underwater and the polar bear (i think it was) badniks froze all of the possible paths, leaving you to drown.

Why so serious?

If its any consolation, I still don't like it. Or this game. But that's assholish to say in a positive thread about Sonic 4, so *zip*

Edited by NightwingFox

I'm personally very fond of White Park: Act 1. The music is great, the blend of snow and carnival tropes is pretty awesome, and I like the snow digging gimmick and giant polar bear badniks. It isn't the best that Sonic has to offer, but of all winter levels to be designed, this one looks and feels the most "Christmassy," right down to the colored lights on the trees.

Also up there in my favorites is Sky Fortress.

• Thumbs Up 1

My favourite is Sky Fortress along with the Metal Sonic bosses, Death Egg MK II zone and the final boss.

The music to Sky Fortress and the Death Egg MK II zone is awesome to listen and I have to say that the soundtrack to this game is better than the first in the Sonic The Hedgehog 4 series.